Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
aschafer81
Earning My Ears

Disney Cruise In-Room Gifts

Any reviews on Disney Cruise In-Room Gifts? What ones are worth the cost? Your experience of them or stories - please share!
aschafer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

If you are leaving from Port Canaveral, instead of buying them from Disney, consider using The Perfect Gift. In addition to the standard items they show on their web site, they will customize the basket with anything you want. We have dealt with Shirley there several times and have been very happy with the results.
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
nannylori
Mouseketeer

Have only bought the water bottles for gifts and the fruit/cheese platter in the food section. Loved both.
I would suggest that even though I believe that the items themselves are probably fine Disney quality and you shouldn't be concerned in that area,that if you stick with being practical,you won't be disappointed.
Buy items/packages that you're sure will go to good use and you won't be sorry you bought it.
nannylori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Our DD bought a flower arrangement and had it sent to our room. It was lovely, and the flowers still looked great a week later but we weren't "allowed" to take them off the ship. Some customs law, or other weird law. They were delivered state-side and never left the ship before returning to the states, but they weren't allowed to be taken off the ship.

anyway, if you're on a cruise for less than a week, I wouldn't consider buying fresh flowers.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Our DD bought a flower arrangement and had it sent to our room. It was lovely, and the flowers still looked great a week later but we weren't "allowed" to take them off the ship. Some customs law, or other weird law. They were delivered state-side and never left the ship before returning to the states, but they weren't allowed to be taken off the ship.

anyway, if you're on a cruise for less than a week, I wouldn't consider buying fresh flowers.
Good to know, I thought about flowers, I figured you could take them with you...bummer, only a 4 night cruise for us.

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013

Disney World, November 2014, Port Orleans Riverside

Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
kiford
Mouseketeer

When we sail out of Port Canaveral we usually have a bottle of the Iron Horse Cuvee delivered to our stateroom. Then we go to the sail away party, grab some pizza and head down to our stateroom, sit on the verandah, pop the bottle open and watch us head out to sea with pizza and champagne. Can't be beat. Iron Horse isn't available to us otherwise and we really enjoy it.

For the last Med cruise and the upcoming one, we'll order an Italian prosecco and do the same.

It's always in the stateroom when we arrive in a bucket of ice with two champagne glasses.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschafer81 View Post
Any reviews on Disney Cruise In-Room Gifts? What ones are worth the cost? Your experience of them or stories - please share!
I posted this same type question a week or so ago, I did not get many replies, the water bottles are good, the family fun pack was nice, but someone said the bag that comes with it is real small. But decent enough quality.

A few posts for the "perfect gift" but I just don't want stuff bought at a store and wrapped in plastic, I want DCL stuff. I wish DCL had more options and a better variety of unique gifts.

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013

Disney World, November 2014, Port Orleans Riverside

Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
disneynme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiford View Post
When we sail out of Port Canaveral we usually have a bottle of the Iron Horse Cuvee delivered to our stateroom. Then we go to the sail away party, grab some pizza and head down to our stateroom, sit on the verandah, pop the bottle open and watch us head out to sea with pizza and champagne. Can't be beat. Iron Horse isn't available to us otherwise and we really enjoy it.

For the last Med cruise and the upcoming one, we'll order an Italian prosecco and do the same.

It's always in the stateroom when we arrive in a bucket of ice with two champagne glasses.
We may have to order a bottle of the Iron Horse. As an aside, I have been to the Iron Horse Vineyards (twice) and it is absolutely gorgeous there. They have an outside tasting room with views that are out of this world.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGA View Post
I posted this same type question a week or so ago, I did not get many replies, the water bottles are good, the family fun pack was nice, but someone said the bag that comes with it is real small. But decent enough quality.

A few posts for the "perfect gift" but I just don't want stuff bought at a store and wrapped in plastic, I want DCL stuff. I wish DCL had more options and a better variety of unique gifts.
wait till a few weeks after easter and you should see more. I agree there is not a lot but when the easter stuff comes down they put more of their regular products back on, or at least they used to.
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
superrach
Mouseketeer

We got a package with a cake. The cake was not good. The desserts in the ship restaurants are way better.
Disney Dream 4 nt. Bahamas, June 2013
Disney Fantasy 7nt. Eastern Caribbean, June 2012
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
superrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGA View Post
I want DCL stuff. I wish DCL had more options and a better variety of unique gifts.
If that's all you want, then go shopping onboard the first night. Plenty of DCL-specific unique stuff. The store CMs will happily wrap it all in paper and bows and have it delivered to your stateroom for whomever you wish to surprise. I bought my DD's birthday presents onboard last spring this way. Even the wrapping paper is nautical themed (at least it was on the Wonder last year).
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #12
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
If that's all you want, then go shopping onboard the first night. Plenty of DCL-specific unique stuff. The store CMs will happily wrap it all in paper and bows and have it delivered to your stateroom for whomever you wish to surprise. I bought my DD's birthday presents onboard last spring this way. Even the wrapping paper is nautical themed (at least it was on the Wonder last year).
That is great to know. Our next cruise isn't for 17month and we aren't celebating anything. I was trying to figure out what we "could" be celebrating, and realized my niece that just decided to join us will be turning 22yo the week prior. I love the idea of watching her browse then sending something wrapped to the room to surprise her.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

I am curious about what is actually in the family fun pack. Does anybody know? I also like the look of the romance package with the picnic stuff and waterproof blanket. Does anybody have experience with these?

Like a poster above, the appeal for me is in the DCL logo, and also in the surprise of having something fun waiting in the stateroom when we arrive.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
COASTIEandMATE
Mouseketeer

Dreamy Light and Memories Package

On our last cruise on the Wonder I pre-ordered this and used the litte ship as a nightlight every night! The cabin is very dark at night and the little ship glows softly red and blue. The small pillow was left at Guest Services to be signed by Mickey and his friends!! Great keepsake of our trip! Aloha, Karen

Tags
gifts, in-room gifts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: