Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
aschafer81
Earning My Ears
 
aschafer81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 30

Disney Cruise In-Room Gifts

Any reviews on Disney Cruise In-Room Gifts? What ones are worth the cost? Your experience of them or stories - please share!
aschafer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,528

If you are leaving from Port Canaveral, instead of buying them from Disney, consider using The Perfect Gift. In addition to the standard items they show on their web site, they will customize the basket with anything you want. We have dealt with Shirley there several times and have been very happy with the results.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
nannylori
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: hampton bays,ny, and Key West,Fla,usa
Posts: 393

Have only bought the water bottles for gifts and the fruit/cheese platter in the food section. Loved both.
I would suggest that even though I believe that the items themselves are probably fine Disney quality and you shouldn't be concerned in that area,that if you stick with being practical,you won't be disappointed.
Buy items/packages that you're sure will go to good use and you won't be sorry you bought it.
nannylori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled
 
jdb in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,874

Our DD bought a flower arrangement and had it sent to our room. It was lovely, and the flowers still looked great a week later but we weren't "allowed" to take them off the ship. Some customs law, or other weird law. They were delivered state-side and never left the ship before returning to the states, but they weren't allowed to be taken off the ship.

anyway, if you're on a cruise for less than a week, I wouldn't consider buying fresh flowers.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
JimGA
Mouseketeer
 
JimGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Our DD bought a flower arrangement and had it sent to our room. It was lovely, and the flowers still looked great a week later but we weren't "allowed" to take them off the ship. Some customs law, or other weird law. They were delivered state-side and never left the ship before returning to the states, but they weren't allowed to be taken off the ship.

anyway, if you're on a cruise for less than a week, I wouldn't consider buying fresh flowers.
Good to know, I thought about flowers, I figured you could take them with you...bummer, only a 4 night cruise for us.
__________________
DCL surprise video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeqJAiuc1Qs


Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013

Disney World, November 2014, Port Orleans Riverside

Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
kiford
Mouseketeer
 
kiford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest Ontario, Canada
Posts: 467

When we sail out of Port Canaveral we usually have a bottle of the Iron Horse Cuvee delivered to our stateroom. Then we go to the sail away party, grab some pizza and head down to our stateroom, sit on the verandah, pop the bottle open and watch us head out to sea with pizza and champagne. Can't be beat. Iron Horse isn't available to us otherwise and we really enjoy it.

For the last Med cruise and the upcoming one, we'll order an Italian prosecco and do the same.

It's always in the stateroom when we arrive in a bucket of ice with two champagne glasses.
__________________


WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
JimGA
Mouseketeer
 
JimGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschafer81 View Post
Any reviews on Disney Cruise In-Room Gifts? What ones are worth the cost? Your experience of them or stories - please share!
I posted this same type question a week or so ago, I did not get many replies, the water bottles are good, the family fun pack was nice, but someone said the bag that comes with it is real small. But decent enough quality.

A few posts for the "perfect gift" but I just don't want stuff bought at a store and wrapped in plastic, I want DCL stuff. I wish DCL had more options and a better variety of unique gifts.
__________________
DCL surprise video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeqJAiuc1Qs


Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013

Disney World, November 2014, Port Orleans Riverside

Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
disneynme
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiford View Post
When we sail out of Port Canaveral we usually have a bottle of the Iron Horse Cuvee delivered to our stateroom. Then we go to the sail away party, grab some pizza and head down to our stateroom, sit on the verandah, pop the bottle open and watch us head out to sea with pizza and champagne. Can't be beat. Iron Horse isn't available to us otherwise and we really enjoy it.

For the last Med cruise and the upcoming one, we'll order an Italian prosecco and do the same.

It's always in the stateroom when we arrive in a bucket of ice with two champagne glasses.
We may have to order a bottle of the Iron Horse. As an aside, I have been to the Iron Horse Vineyards (twice) and it is absolutely gorgeous there. They have an outside tasting room with views that are out of this world.
__________________
disneynme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGA View Post
I posted this same type question a week or so ago, I did not get many replies, the water bottles are good, the family fun pack was nice, but someone said the bag that comes with it is real small. But decent enough quality.

A few posts for the "perfect gift" but I just don't want stuff bought at a store and wrapped in plastic, I want DCL stuff. I wish DCL had more options and a better variety of unique gifts.
wait till a few weeks after easter and you should see more. I agree there is not a lot but when the easter stuff comes down they put more of their regular products back on, or at least they used to.
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
superrach
Mouseketeer
 
superrach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 165

We got a package with a cake. The cake was not good. The desserts in the ship restaurants are way better.
__________________
Disney Magic 5 nt. Western Caribbean, October 2015
WDW POP, October 2014
Disneyland, March 2014
Disney Dream 4 nt. Bahamas, June 2013
Disney Fantasy 7nt. Eastern Caribbean, June 2012
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
superrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGA View Post
I want DCL stuff. I wish DCL had more options and a better variety of unique gifts.
If that's all you want, then go shopping onboard the first night. Plenty of DCL-specific unique stuff. The store CMs will happily wrap it all in paper and bows and have it delivered to your stateroom for whomever you wish to surprise. I bought my DD's birthday presents onboard last spring this way. Even the wrapping paper is nautical themed (at least it was on the Wonder last year).
__________________
Me DH DD (5) DS (2)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #12
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
If that's all you want, then go shopping onboard the first night. Plenty of DCL-specific unique stuff. The store CMs will happily wrap it all in paper and bows and have it delivered to your stateroom for whomever you wish to surprise. I bought my DD's birthday presents onboard last spring this way. Even the wrapping paper is nautical themed (at least it was on the Wonder last year).
That is great to know. Our next cruise isn't for 17month and we aren't celebating anything. I was trying to figure out what we "could" be celebrating, and realized my niece that just decided to join us will be turning 22yo the week prior. I love the idea of watching her browse then sending something wrapped to the room to surprise her.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 987

I am curious about what is actually in the family fun pack. Does anybody know? I also like the look of the romance package with the picnic stuff and waterproof blanket. Does anybody have experience with these?

Like a poster above, the appeal for me is in the DCL logo, and also in the surprise of having something fun waiting in the stateroom when we arrive.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
COASTIEandMATE
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OCEAN VIEW HAWAII
Posts: 306

Dreamy Light and Memories Package

On our last cruise on the Wonder I pre-ordered this and used the litte ship as a nightlight every night! The cabin is very dark at night and the little ship glows softly red and blue. The small pillow was left at Guest Services to be signed by Mickey and his friends!! Great keepsake of our trip! Aloha, Karen
__________________
COASTIEandMATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gifts, in-room gifts



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: