Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
bline22
Earning My Ears

Disney Tickets Question

Hello,

We were in Disney in February and normally go at every year or two. We had 1 day is all on our no expire ticket from the past so we used that and then bought military tickets as my brother is in the service and he could get my wife and I a ticket. I don't see on the disney site that they are selling them and did not see them any longer at gates. I do however, see that undercover tourist still sells them.

I have never purchased from undercover tourist before but am wondering a few things from the forum.

1. Since we go every year or two should we consider buying these 10 day no expire tickets from undercover tourist?

2. Are these the same tickets you would buy from the gate or am i going to have issues if i don't use them for 4 years?

3. The rates my brother got us with the military tickets were a nice deal. have they always done this as maybe we should skip the no expire and do that each time since he comes with every time we go?

Looking for peoples opinion and experience. Thanks.
bline22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bline22 View Post
Hello,

We were in Disney in February and normally go at every year or two. We had 1 day is all on our no expire ticket from the past so we used that and then bought military tickets as my brother is in the service and he could get my wife and I a ticket. I don't see on the disney site that they are selling them and did not see them any longer at gates. I do however, see that undercover tourist still sells them.

I have never purchased from undercover tourist before but am wondering a few things from the forum.

1. Since we go every year or two should we consider buying these 10 day no expire tickets from undercover tourist?

2. Are these the same tickets you would buy from the gate or am i going to have issues if i don't use them for 4 years?

3. The rates my brother got us with the military tickets were a nice deal. have they always done this as maybe we should skip the no expire and do that each time since he comes with every time we go?

Looking for peoples opinion and experience. Thanks.
Just as an FYI...disney is eliminating the no expiration ticket option within the next couple of months.

apparently they had already done this on florida residents last year.

They are basically forcing everyone into pay as you go or annual passes. Both scenarios work out better for them.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Just as an FYI...disney is eliminating the no expiration ticket option within the next couple of months.

apparently they had already done this on florida residents last year.

They are basically forcing everyone into pay as you go or annual passes. Both scenarios work out better for them.
I thought this was still a rumor.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
I thought this was still a rumor.
hmmm...i'll have to check.

I thought that was a published policy. you might be right.

Didn't they do this at disneyland already?

have to fit some research in today

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
bline22
Earning My Ears

pay as you go is a rumor is that you are thinking?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bline22 View Post
pay as you go is a rumor is that you are thinking?
No, he's saying the non-expiry option on MYW tickets going away is a rumor. They took it off of the website as well as the signage at the ticket booths on property, but as of now you can still order it by phone and I think you can still ask for it at the ticket booths and guest relations counters.
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDan523 View Post
No, he's saying the non-expiry option on MYW tickets going away is a rumor. They took it off of the website as well as the signage at the ticket booths on property, but as of now you can still order it by phone and I think you can still ask for it at the ticket booths and guest relations counters.
well...if they took it off the booths AND the online site...i'm going to say that its a goner. The prosecution rests.

I wasn't necessarily saying that as of right now there's no way to buy it...merely that it's sinking and if the OP wasn't looking to call up today and lay out a couple of grand on tickets...then more than likely it will not be there when the time comes in the future.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
bline22
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the clarification and replies.

lockedoutlogic that is what i was looking at doing knowing we are going again in the next 2 years. I am trying to decide to get the tickets before, what i also believe is the demise of the no expiration or from now on when we go, have my military brother buy the tickets for us.

Lastly, i have never bought tickets anywhere but at the gate so know nothing about undercover tourist. I wanted to also know that if i would buy tickets from undercover tourist and no expiration goes away will i have issues using tickets purchased through them.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
bigmamimia
Mouseketeer

I would be very willing to assume that Disney will still accept the no expiration tickets. They just won't be available for purchase any longer.
bigmamimia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamimia View Post
I would be very willing to assume that Disney will still accept the no expiration tickets. They just won't be available for purchase any longer.
Ditto.

My assumption would be that should the ticket be eliminated, Disney will handle it like past retired tickets....

Namely.... It will still be handled and valid in the future like it is today. (iows... the same access priviledges tomorrow that you'll have today. anything not open at the time of retirement however you won't get access to)

The caveat however might be with the move to RFID and the new RFID based fastpasses. Some of the old paper "date stamped" style tickets (world passports and the like) are still technically valid, but require being "traded" into a currently valid/accepted ticket media. As the park transitions fully to RFID, I COULD foresee a situation where they may require your moving the tickets to RFID media.... and if the no-expiration is no longer an option when programming the new ticket media, You could be forced to drop the no-expiration option at that time. From a practical standpoint, worst case i could see is that your 10 day non-expiration with 5 days remaining on it would become a 5 day ticket good for 14days from first use. For most people with partcially used NE tickets this won't be an issue.... but for those who like to only use a day here and there, or who have stockpiled tickets expecting to use them over multiple trips in the future, It COULD lead to problems.

Generally however, I'd expect Disney to work with the impacted guests in those cases if a system limitation ever developed that would cause such a problem.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~Where is this rumor coming from? I have yet to see a legitimate source. Disney still has the no expiration option available. ~No Expiration~

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The only thing Disney is restricting as far as the No Expire Option is that it is not available for on-line purchase. It is still available by phone, at all ticket-selling locations at WDW, and to authorized off-site resellers including AAA and The Disney Store.

The reason for this is they have been getting a lot of complaints from people who did not know better, bought NE tickets, and then complained and pushed for refunds when they found they had bought them in error. At least when dealing with a live person they can figure out if the really need them.

And for the OP - If the military tickets are "Armed Forces Salute" (four day very deeply discounted) they must be activated at a WDW ticket window by the service member or spouse with the correct military ID. If they are not activated they are just useless pieces of plastic. If he buys regular military discounted tickets (about a 5% discount from gate and no tax) they can be used without activation.

And unused Disney tickets never expire. Today, at my booth, I had Guests come with one day Typhoon Lagoon tickets that were so old that they did not even have magnetic stripes on them, let alone bar codes or RFID chips. They did have a tab attached which would have been torn off if they had used the tickets. So I took those tickets and issued them brand new one day water park tickets as replacements that could be read at the gates.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #13
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~I've just discovered a glitch -- the non expiration option is not available when using the iPad 4 but it is available for purchase online when using a Windows PC.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: