Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

AKL/V - it has a beautiful pool AKL . plus you can stay busy here w/o even missing the parks. always have a hard time even going to the parks when visiting this place.

SSR/OKW/POFQ/POR - these are all excellent resorts - far enough away from the parks so you won't be tempted. they also have boat/bus transportation to downtown disney. So if you feel the need to go somewhere you can - it just won't be a WDW park. that say you really have to watch the budget at DD - you can spend alot of money here w/o realizing it. Am pretty good at keeping up with what I am spending - but a couple of years ago spend over $100 in around hour here - so be carefully.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
mmmears
DIS Veteran

AKL -- the pools and splash area are fun, there are so many activities for kids and adults, good food, great theming, and the animals!

YC/BC -- for the pool (SAB), great dining the in boardwalk area

Poly -- for the pool, beach, fireworks and EWP, great dining along the monorail, boat rentals (they are really fun).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #18
clapton
Mouseketeer

Beach Club-great pool, great atmosphere, boardwalk, and many dining options,including YC ,BWI and Swan&Dolphin ! Have fun!!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #19
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

I think the monorail resorts are too close to the parks. Too tempting. I loved POR. And Animal Kingdom feels like worlds away.

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
closetmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #20
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

I agree with the posters who said Ft. Wilderness. We did a no parks 5 day vacation in March 2012, staying at Ft. Wilderness & never ran out of things to do. Our favorite things were Hoop de Doo Revue & the Segway Tour. Would like to do the Horseback trail sometime.

Great swiming pool, canoeing, biking, boating, campfires, movies, trails & more.

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
twinmom108 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #21
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone!!!

Hmmm hadn't considered the temptation factor for the resorts close to the parks. Thanks.

We loved POR so much but I think I may have to switch to AKL. Since DH will be doing this trip, It will be good for them to try something different. Hopefully there is another BB offer and then we can hit POR again

(Can you book a BB when you are already there on a BB?)
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #22
amym2
DIS Veteran

We stayed at OKW and SSR last October and only did TL (and Legoland). One day, we took the bus from OKW to DHS then the boat to the Boardwalk. We walked right past DHS and the kids (11 and 9) didn't complain at all, we were having so much fun! I do think it helped that we had done all of the parks the year before. We did things on our OKW/SSR trip that we never have time for, and it was a wonderful vacation! If your kids have never played Disney mini golf, I highly recommend Wintersummerland.

I think AKL would be a great choice. We haven't stayed there, but that's where the kids want to stay next. We walked around th grounds and they are lovely. We have friends who own there and their kids 9,7,4 love the resort.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #23
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

Iwould do Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside ..you have the ability to do so much at these resorts and then take the boat over to DTD...this would be my favorite ones

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: