DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Got my new Annual Pass RFID card

You really can't use it at some entrances because it's not online, but I got my card anyway. Really easy and painless by the way in case anyone was thinking of doing it. I did it at the Odyssey building in Epcot on Wednesday.

You can test them out before you leave the building.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
You really can't use it at some entrances because it's not online, but I got my card anyway.
Sorry, but this makes no sense. They can be used at all entrances, RFID and legacy turnstiles.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

I think the OP means you can't use the RFID at all entrances that will be RFID equipped yet.

Next trip:
Star Wars Celebration and COMMON Annual Meeting,
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

The RFID cards being issued to AP Holders have a magnetic strip on the back of the card. The mag strip is there because the FASTPASS machines are not RFID enabled. Because the cards have a magnetic strip, they work in the legacy turnstiles as well as the Touch to Enter (RFID) entrances.

Last edited by erionm; 03-22-2013 at 12:10 PM.
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
You really can't use it at some entrances because it's not online, but I got my card anyway. Really easy and painless by the way in case anyone was thinking of doing it. I did it at the Odyssey building in Epcot on Wednesday.

You can test them out before you leave the building.
I saw that note, yesterday, and thought to myself that it would be nice to have an excuse to go into the Odyssey. We're not back at WDW until July, though, so they won't be using the Odyssey for this any more by that time.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShiny View Post
I think the OP means you can't use the RFID at all entrances that will be RFID equipped yet.
Yes this is what I meant. You can't use the RFID to enter everywhere yet. But yes, they work in the regular turnstiles to get in.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
The RFID cards being issued to AP Holders have a magnetic strip on the back of the card. The mag strip is there because the FASTPASS machines are not RFID enabled. Because the cards have a magnetic strip, they work in the legacy turnstiles as well as the Touch to Enter (RFID) entrances.
I picked up my RFID premium annual at Oddysey last night. Used it today for park entrance and fastpass at DHS this morning.

you can download the app now but the cool new options are not useable yet. The cm said later this year.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
Bronte
DIS Veteran

We will be there on the 27th and plan to go get the new cards at Epcot but one person in the party has a reg. ticket. On another board it was said she can just put it on her room key that also has an chip in it but I want to make sure that is true (she has a 5 day ticket, two nights we will be in a one bedroom at BWV and then the next two nights at the BCV.) We will all go through the same line at the parks correct?
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
TSMMANIAC
Mouseketeer

RFID tickets have a separate entrance which was never busy while we were there this past week. Regular tickets lines were often swamped especially at part opening.
TSMMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
We will be there on the 27th and plan to go get the new cards at Epcot but one person in the party has a reg. ticket. On another board it was said she can just put it on her room key that also has an chip in it but I want to make sure that is true (she has a 5 day ticket, two nights we will be in a one bedroom at BWV and then the next two nights at the BCV.) We will all go through the same line at the parks correct?
Well we only walked through International Gateway from BWV, and the RFID reader was not operational this last Thursday at that particular gate. I know in late February I saw some of them operational at the main entrance of EPCOT and the other park main entrances.

I have no idea about putting her regular ticket on her room key.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #11
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
She'll want to do this at the Concierge desk at her resort.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well we only walked through International Gateway from BWV, and the RFID reader was not operational this last Thursday at that particular gate. I know in late February I saw some of them operational at the main entrance of EPCOT and the other park main entrances.

I have no idea about putting her regular ticket on her room key.
We used RFID at International Gateway yesterday evening. (edit to correct this - we left through This gate after getting our tickets converted. We tested them at Odessey, but didn't use them at IG, so not sure if this gate is working till I go in tomorrow.)

This morning I used it at Disney Studios. This afternoon at Animal Kingdom, and then this evening at Magic Kingdom. 4 parks in 24 hours and all working fine, plus each kiosk has 4 readers so it seemed fairly fast.

Last edited by Judique; 03-23-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Do you have kids in your party? What is the process? ILs are taking the kids for Spring Break and have their APs. What should they expect? DH and I aren't going (with our APs) until late July
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

I didn't have my kids with me. I'm not sure if I could have changed their passes or not, because they have picture ID. They're 6 and 4.

All you do is walk into Odyssey at EPCOT and there were tons of people to direct us to someone at the tables eagerly awaiting to help us. We walked over, showed our old AP and our picture ID, they gave us a new card, we wrote our name on the back, they scanned it in the system and that was that. It took less than 60 seconds for the actual process. Very painless.

I would imagine with kids they would just do the same thing, and you probably don't need a picture ID. But it's very quick.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
Bronte
DIS Veteran

I have a friend there now that went over to Epcot today to convert her AP to the new card but was told if she did so she will only be able to get 3 FP's per day and at only one park per day. I thought that was only once magic plus was up and going 100% not right now for Spring Break.
Not sure now if we want to do the switch if it means not being able to park hop and get traditional FP's. Can anyone confirm how many FS's you can get with the new RFID plastic AP card and if they can get FP's at more than one park per day ...
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: