Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Did we loose any campers over Summer Discount!

I have looked at the summer discount and looked at it, and Looked at it!
I know my grandson would love the AOA cars suite! I would love to take him!
So far I haven't changed my reservations! I also have a longer stay at the Fort and thinking about adding another day! I know I would have more spending money, too! But it is tempting!

My grandson has been looking at the pictures and videos of Disney Resorts with me! I've been trying to show him the cars at AOA! He liked seeing them! But when we got to Fort Wilderness he got the most excited over seeing the kids at the water slides at Fort wilderness, and seeing a bike sitting in front of one of the campers! To beat it all the Bike was clearly the winner! LOL! He wanted to know if he could take his! LOL!

For 8 nights at Walt Disney!
For 4 adults 1 child, 1 infant , Resort, 7 day park hopper:
Art of Animation Suite = $4,554
All Star Sports =$3, 936
Pop Century preferred room =$4,321
Pop Century preferred pool =$4, 397

For 9 nights at Fort Wilderness Camping:
campsite=$1,080
Golf Cart=$ 439
Tickets =$1,817
More gas=$ 200
TOTAL $3,336
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Sounds like a no brainer to me!!! Happy camping

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Readerbug
Using My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
?..show him the cars at AOA! He liked seeing them! But when we got to Fort Wilderness he got the most excited over seeing the kids at the water slides at Fort wilderness, and seeing a bike sitting in front of one of the campers! To beat it all the Bike was clearly the winner! LOL! He wanted to know if he could take his!
Exactly where I was, last fall, with a free dining offer, trying to convince the kids...and we ended up at exactly the same conclusion as your gs, with exactly the same motivation... "I want to do THAT, there (bike, camper, plus)".

And while I love free dining during F&W, I'm actually so permanently glad! And 6 FD days versus 14 at the Fort...That's a special!

Me, DH edu IT man, 19, 17, 15, 13, 10, 7.
Readerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

We love the RV'ing style, so nothing could convince us to go the hotel route. Too attached to our own bed, bathroom and kitchen. 5 more days!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
kcp1377
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
We love the RV'ing style, so nothing could convince us to go the hotel route. Too attached to our own bed, bathroom and kitchen. 5 more days!
Ditto! Nothing like having our own stuff with us! We hate staying at hotels now!

kcp1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
thegoofyfamily
Mouseketeer

If they allowed my husband to loop around the hotel on his golf cart with a cocktail in his hand, we might consider it.

DD14 Ashley DD12 Hannah DS4 Kaihan (or OOPS)

We've been to the Fort countless times over the last 14+ years and it's the only place we want to be!
thegoofyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoofyfamily View Post
If they allowed my husband to loop around the hotel on his golf cart with a cocktail in his hand, we might consider it.
Haha ooooh the life of the fort

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

You could always split stay. We have started doing that recently... although we love FW the most... some deals with dining and such were really a good plan. This year we are doing 10 days and splitting 5 at FW and 5 at Beach Club. We get our relaxing Fort fix and then try out other areas with deals. Last time we did POP with Fort. That one we won't do again. While we loved the theming... the crowds and noise made us miss FW too much.

In 2010 we had the RV and just made arrangements for parking at the resort. This year we are tenting with popup.... Beach club has said no problem parking pup in back lot. We found last time that doing the Resort on the last days made leaving easier... the pack up of camping gear and was already done. We were able to relax at the pool a little and then just hit the road.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports

Last edited by Running_Bell; 04-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #9
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoofyfamily View Post
LOL!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #10
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post
You could always split stay. We have started doing that recently... although we love FW the most... some deals with dining and such were really a good plan. This year we are doing 10 days and splitting 5 at FW and 5 at Beach Club. We get our relaxing Fort fix and then try out other areas with deals. Last time we did POP with Fort. That one we won't do again. While we loved the theming... the crowds and noise made us miss FW too much.

In 2010 we had the RV and just made arrangements for parking at the resort. This year we are tenting with popup.... Beach club has said no problem parking pup in back lot. We found last time that doing the Resort on the last days made leaving easier... the pack up of camping gear and was already done. We were able to relax at the pool a little and then just hit the road.
I didn't know that a resort would let you park your camper. But have read where others have done a split stay.
I saw where a mother was staying at AOA for her children and then part of her vacation where she wanted. I thought that was kind of neat thing to do!
I would do that!
But I would probably never convince my husband to do a split stay! Once he gets somewhere he is there for the duration of his stay and he is not going to move or pack up and go anywhere else untill we go home. Especially if he camps! LOL!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
thegoofyfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
I didn't know that a resort would let you park your camper. But have read where others have done a split stay.
I saw where a mother was staying at AOA for her children and then part of her vacation where she wanted. I thought that was kind of neat thing to do!
I would do that!
But I would probably never convince my husband to do a split stay! Once he gets somewhere he is there for the duration of his stay and he is not going to move or pack up and go anywhere else untill we go home. Especially if he camps! LOL!
When we were at the DVC presentation last week, the guy mentioned that most of the resorts will allow campers and motorhomes in the parking lots as space allows to accommodate guests.

My DH is the same way. He would laugh me out of the house if I ever suggested that.

DD14 Ashley DD12 Hannah DS4 Kaihan (or OOPS)

We've been to the Fort countless times over the last 14+ years and it's the only place we want to be!
thegoofyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yeah... after staying at POP (for our 12 year old DD) if did take some convincing. We are campers at heart. This year though our son will be home from S. Korea (it's been over a year already) and joining us for some of the days on leave since he will be stationed in the states around that time (thankfully). I thought the Beach Club would be more enjoyable than camping for him this time... We are saving our Epcot days for when we are at Beach Club so that we can just walk over. He's not interested in MK at all so we will do that while at FW... love taking the boat over. He'll turn 21 while we are at Disney so we will add that to our celebrations. We are getting very excited.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a great plan and hope you have a very special vacation with your son! I know just being with him will make it that way but hope weather , plans and everything work out great for you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: