Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
cheerky
Mouseketeer

Thank you littlestar! I have studied betterbidding and can't id the property. My guess is Grand Villas. I will report back here if I book with Hotwire and let you know which property it is.
cheerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
littlestar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerky View Post
Thank you littlestar! I have studied betterbidding and can't id the property. My guess is Grand Villas. I will report back here if I book with Hotwire and let you know which property it is.
Thanks. I would have been happy with grand villas, too, if I would have got it. It's next door to Winn Dixie and I like the whole area there around Palm Parkway.

Grand Villas is a timeshare resort. The ratings look decent on trip advisor.
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy1 View Post
I can comment on the Quality Suites. Having stayed there just last November and would stay there again. Breakfast was good, but can get crowded if you get down there later in the AM. Rooms were clean and everything was up to par. Best of luck!!
Thanks for the info. We've booked that for now, but can cancel if we decide against. How long of a drive is it to the parks?
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #19
mossy1
Been there but always willing to learn from others-;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
Thanks for the info. We've booked that for now, but can cancel if we decide against. How long of a drive is it to the parks?
Drive is not too bad, I was a little concerned after we first booked it because of where it is located. Maybe 20 minutes to furthest park which is AK. It is very convenient to DTD, Typhoon Lagoon and the back entrance for HS. I found when you go to AK it is quicker to get on the I-4 south bound and take the exit for Osceola Parkway(exit 65). I can only say the drive is good in the AM. After a certain point in the day it gets busy on Buena Vista Dr(main road in front of DTD). And it's not even that traffic is that heavy, just quite a few lights.

mossy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #20
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

When we stay off site we like the Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista on Palm parkway. Our rate for our trip in 10 days is $71 a night and it is a one bedroom suite with a living room and a kitchen. It includes free hot breakfast but all they have are the things you mentioned. They have make your own waffles and eggs and Sausage links. They also have some cold items like cereal and bagels I think. I always make a waffle and DH always eats Eggs and Sausage.

The rooms are nice and they have a full size fridge with ice maker, 2 burner stove and a microwave. It even has a dishwasher and dishes provided in the kitchen.

It is centrally located about half way between Universal and Disney and since we always do both sets of parks when we go we like the location. And there are also a ton of restaurants in that area of Palm parkway. There is a CiCi's pizza about half a block up the road.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #21
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Hawthorn Suites on Westwood Ave right off of I-Drive was wonderful! I'm not sure why more people don't recommend it. We paid about $550 for 7 nights in December (booked through www.orlandovacation.com) and they have a free hot breakfast every morning.

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote