Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
CMac72
Earning My Ears

Inexpensive offsite hotel with good breakfast?

We will be staying offsite this trip and need to keep the accommodations budget in check, preferably under $70/night. We also want to find a place with a good hot breakfast to fill up on each morning. We would be ok with a continental breakfast but the kids love to make their own waffles and, of course, we like eggs and sausage. We figure filling up in the morning would allow us to go light on lunch and eat an early dinner each day in the parks.

We're doing 2 days at WDW, 2 days at UO, and 1 day at SW. Anywhere closed to any of these parks would be great. Currently we have a UO package staying at the Holiday Inn directly across from the parks, however no free breakfast. Seriously thinking about cancelling and booking hotel and tickets separately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
anorman
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Seralago on US-192 3 yrs ago in a kids suite for around $70. It has a breakfast buffet which we thoroughly enjoyed; if I'm not mistaken kids eat free with each paying adult. While it gets quite mixed reviews on tripadvisor, we had no concerns and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The separate themed room for the kids was a nice feature.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
sbd78
Mouseketeer

Have you checked Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista or Buena Vista Suites? Both include a free breakfast buffet. They will likely run you more than $70/night, but you can get some great rates if you are a AAA member.

3/2007 Sheraton Vistana Resort, 3/2009 POP, June 2013 Doubletree Suites DTD
sbd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
pens4821
Mouseketeer

We are looking at the last week of August. We've narrowed it down to a few places. The two we've found in your price range (with free continental breakfast) are the SpringHill Suites and Quality Suites, both in Lake Buena Vista. SHS is offering some kind of leisure rate or something, and the QS has a AAA rate (both around 80/night).

We're leaning towards the QS as it has queen beds (instead of doubles) and a seperate bedroom (SHS just has a little wall divider and looks like the TV is shared between "bedroom" and "living room").
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

I'm looking at Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway. I stayed there once before in 2001 and hoping it's still good.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
littlestar
DIS Veteran

We snagged a night at Extended Stay deluxe Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway on Hotwire for $36 a night for an upcoming trip. We have a late flight and didn't want to spend a lot for one brief night before we check into Disney. With tax it's $46 a night. There is a free breakfast, but I'm not sure if there's any hot food or not.

We needed a cheap night and the ratings look good on Trip Advisor.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
littlestar
DIS Veteran

We snagged a night at Extended Stay deluxe Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway on Hotwire for $36 a night for an upcoming trip. We have a late flight and didn't want to spend a lot for one brief night before we check into Disney. With tax it's $46 a night. There is a free breakfast, but I'm not sure if there's any hot food or not.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

This Baymont Inn is only 5 minutes from AKL. Has breakfast or there is a McD's next door There is also a CiCi pizza less than a mile away $60 a night

http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/fl...n_date&rooms=1

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
evie308
Earning My Ears

We booked Drury Inn for $65 per night for the end of August. Drury Inn is #1 hotel in Orlando according to TripAdvisor.
evie308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
shocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I'm looking at Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway. I stayed there once before in 2001 and hoping it's still good.
I'm looking at this one also, it advertises a micro and fridge in each room and a hot breakfast (shows pics of waffles). Probably not much of a pool, but it gets great reviews on tripadvisor. I see the OP will be there in about a month so I put in some May dates and am coming up with $75/night rates.

Courage is doing something I'm not any good at. -Me
shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
mossy1
Been there but always willing to learn from others-;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
We are looking at the last week of August. We've narrowed it down to a few places. The two we've found in your price range (with free continental breakfast) are the SpringHill Suites and Quality Suites, both in Lake Buena Vista. SHS is offering some kind of leisure rate or something, and the QS has a AAA rate (both around 80/night).

We're leaning towards the QS as it has queen beds (instead of doubles) and a seperate bedroom (SHS just has a little wall divider and looks like the TV is shared between "bedroom" and "living room").
I can comment on the Quality Suites. Having stayed there just last November and would stay there again. Breakfast was good, but can get crowded if you get down there later in the AM. Rooms were clean and everything was up to par. Best of luck!!

mossy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
cheerky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlestar View Post

Was this property listed on Hotwire as a condo in Lake Buena Vista/ Downtown Disney? I am trying to ID a property for the end of April.
Thanks!
cheerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
This Baymont Inn is only 5 minutes from AKL. Has breakfast or there is a McD's next door There is also a CiCi pizza less than a mile away $60 a night

http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/fl...n_date&rooms=1
WE have also stayed here and really liked it. Breakfast was not really hot but the hotel is great. And you can be on Disney property in 5 minutes or less. When you are driving back to the hotel at night just follow the signs to the AKL and turn at the traffic light just before the hotel entrance.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
WanderLuster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerky View Post
Was this property listed on Hotwire as a condo in Lake Buena Vista/ Downtown Disney? I am trying to ID a property for the end of April.
Thanks!
I recommend checking out biddingfortravel.com - they have lots of information about what hotels are likely to show up in Priceline and Hotwire opaque bookings.
WanderLuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
littlestar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerky View Post
Thanks!
It was listed as a suite, 2 1/2 stars, and more than 85% recommended to stay there.

If you're seeing condo, I'm wondering if it could be Blue Tree or Grand Villas (Cypress). Maybe a possibility of Grand Beach, too. Let us know what you get if you bid on it.