Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
Davey Jones II
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Some view it as a negative that the Allstars sometimes share buses during the slower part of the day.
Okay, but in your experience, are the wait times for the buses shorter at POP, and do you get to and from the parks faster?
Davey Jones II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #17
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
I'm also pretty sure they try to keep Pop as group-free as possible (class trips, competitions, etc.). At least they did for awhile when it first opened.
On Feb. 8-11 there were many many tour groups. And some were very ill behaved, throwing stuff in the food court.

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danibelle View Post
On Feb. 8-11 there were many many tour groups. And some were very ill behaved, throwing stuff in the food court.
ask for the phone number at the front desk of security - then call them if you see this happen again.

they can be thrown out of Pop for that silly stuff.

Last edited by spiceycat; 03-23-2013 at 08:43 PM.
spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Jones II View Post
Okay, but in your experience, are the wait times for the buses shorter at POP, and do you get to and from the parks faster?
for me the wait times were definitely the less of any WDW resorts and have stayed at most of them (except GF don't like it).

WDW is strange - they don't always have their buses going the most direct route.

hoping they have changed.

Pop should be able to get to Studio in less than 3-5 minutes. to epcot in around 5-8 minutes - but with WDW picking the routes don't know. MK should be around 8-15 minutes. AK is not far either - about 5-8 minutes.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
the manager say he would do everything possible to discourage this.

have been told repeated that if any group cheers, shouts or just makes a fuss - to call them.

they will send security immediately. All stars will ignore these calls - they need the groups to make money. Pop does not.

big difference.

after 10 pm is quiet time and think it goes to 8 am - not sure about the morning hours just ask when you check in.
I think quiet hours are 11pm to 7am. I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure those are the hours.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #21
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I think quiet hours are 11pm to 7am. I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure those are the hours.
got told by the night manager 10 pm - now it was Sept - so maybe in the summer it is later.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #22
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Bus intervals are approximately every 20 minutes - at any resort.

Some possible reasons for the perception wait times are shorter at one property than another:
Unexpected traffic delay - plain old heavy traffic, an accident, etc.
Bad/good timing - regularly arriving at a bus stop a minute or so after a bus just left for your destination results in about an 18 minute wait each time; getting there a minute or two before your bus arrives makes it seem like buses are 'better' here than there.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #23
Davey Jones II
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
for me the wait times were definitely the less of any WDW resorts and have stayed at most of them (except GF don't like it).

WDW is strange - they don't always have their buses going the most direct route.

hoping they have changed.

Pop should be able to get to Studio in less than 3-5 minutes. to epcot in around 5-8 minutes - but with WDW picking the routes don't know. MK should be around 8-15 minutes. AK is not far either - about 5-8 minutes.
Thanks for the info, Spicey.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr
Bus intervals are approximately every 20 minutes - at any resort.

Some possible reasons for the perception wait times are shorter at one property than another:
Unexpected traffic delay - plain old heavy traffic, an accident, etc.
Bad/good timing - regularly arriving at a bus stop a minute or so after a bus just left for your destination results in about an 18 minute wait each time; getting there a minute or two before your bus arrives makes it seem like buses are 'better' here than there.
Well I was at the Springs bus stop at Saratoga Springs twice (on 2 different days) and I decided to time how long I waited for my bus. I was waiting for one to the studios both times. I waited 46 minutes for a bus!!! Two AK, two Epcot, one MK, two treehouse villas, & a DTD bus all came before ONE studios bus. The second time I waited for one to the studios, it was 39 minutes! I also decided to time the MK bus which was 33 minutes. There were quite a few people at the bus stop who were getting annoyed because the buses there weren't anywhere close to 20 min. You were LUCKY if they are 30 minutes apart!! Another reason why I don't think DVC is for me...their bus service is VERY POOR, IMO!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #25
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I was at the Springs bus stop at Saratoga Springs twice (on 2 different days) and I decided to time how long I waited for my bus. I was waiting for one to the studios both times. I waited 46 minutes for a bus!!! Two AK, two Epcot, one MK, two treehouse villas, & a DTD bus all came before ONE studios bus. The second time I waited for one to the studios, it was 39 minutes! I also decided to time the MK bus which was 33 minutes. There were quite a few people at the bus stop who were getting annoyed because the buses there weren't anywhere close to 20 min. You were LUCKY if they are 30 minutes apart!! Another reason why I don't think DVC is for me...their bus service is VERY POOR, IMO!
This is why I always drive myself.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #26
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill

This is why I always drive myself.
I NEVER have problems with the buses at POP...
Or should I say it is a VERY RARE exception...
None this trip...
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #27
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I NEVER have problems with the buses at POP...
Or should I say it is a VERY RARE exception...
None this trip...
You're lucky. The last time I depended on Disney Transport was at Pop. One time we waited for an Epcot bus for over 40 minutes. We watched 3 MK buses, 2 AK buses and 2 MGM buses (yes it was that long ago) go by before we saw an Epcot bus. And that wasn't the only time that week that we waited more than 20 minutes for buses.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #28
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill

You're lucky. The last time I depended on Disney Transport was at Pop. One time we waited for an Epcot bus for over 40 minutes. We watched 3 MK buses, 2 AK buses and 2 MGM buses (yes it was that long ago) go by before we saw an Epcot bus. And that wasn't the only time that week that we waited more than 20 minutes for buses.
I think you would find that to be a rarity at POP now. When I am a solo traveler, I need to utilize the buses because even if I had a car, I really couldn't lift my ECV by myself and I can't depend on there to be someone at the other side to help me. So I really need to use Disney's transportation service. So I really pay attention to the waits when I visit other resorts.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #29
Davey Jones II
Mouseketeer

While the MK is their most popular park, the number of buses going there often seems out of proportion. Sometimes you'll see three or more MK buses before the one that's going to your park, even when there are not that many people waiting to go to the Kingdom. I think Disney needs eyes on the ground who can redirect buses as needed.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #30
casanova5
Mouseketeer

I wads there end of feb. The busses was great

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: