DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Interesting waitlist experience

I had wait listed for a resort and it went through (Yay!) within a couple days. The interesting part is that it went through around 6:30pm.
I swear I heard that wl get processed at night time but this one went through much earlier than that.
I know for sure because I have been checking my reservation and waitlist like crazy the past couple of days trying to get a full week we need.
I just thought it was interesting .
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Got your waitlist within a couple days-that's terrific! Lat time I wait listed, it came thru on the last day of my wait list. Sunday afternoon I was talking to DH about "Well, guess our waitlist didn't come thru", and Monday morning, first thing, there was the new confirmation.
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
I had wait listed for a resort and it went through (Yay!) within a couple days. The interesting part is that it went through around 6:30pm.
I swear I heard that wl get processed at night time but this one went through much earlier than that.
I know for sure because I have been checking my reservation and waitlist like crazy the past couple of days trying to get a full week we need.
I just thought it was interesting .
Some people speculate that it's run at night but I think it's periodically done thru out the day. I've had waitlists fill at various times.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Well, another vote for the nighttime run of wait lists. Our waitlist just came through-at around 7 pm eastern time. And wonderfully, ours came thru in only a couple days also this time. What a wonderful surprise tonight!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Did your wait list disappear from your sign in page for a while prior to it coming through? Mine disappeared this morning from the first page. Still listed on the wait list page, but still hasn't come through. I'm so anxious.

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Wait lists are flagged by a software program but filled by CM's. The software may pull the inventory one day and it may take the CM until the next day to make the new reservation. I am told that they work off of a list that is updated through out the day.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Wait lists are flagged by a software program but filled by CM's. The software may pull the inventory one day and it may take the CM until the next day to make the new reservation. I am told that they work off of a list that is updated through out the day.

Bill
Does the software program make it disappear from my sign in page? Has this been your experience?

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
kangaroodle
DVC Member

I had 2 wait listed days for our upcoming trip. I only booked this THREE WEEKS AGO! On a whim I booked a Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. That's all that was available for Spring Break. I wait listed the Tuesday and Thursday. The Tuesday came through the next day (at 5pm CST) and the Thursday came through 2 days later! (also around 5pm). I was SO excited as I really had no back-up plan! I just took a chance and hoped for the best!

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
Does the software program make it disappear from my sign in page? Has this been your experience?
I have not had a wait list since the new website software was rolled out so I can't help you, sorry.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
cseca

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777
Did your wait list disappear from your sign in page for a while prior to it coming through? Mine disappeared this morning from the first page. Still listed on the wait list page, but still hasn't come through. I'm so anxious.
Not really mine was almost instantaneous. Maybe I got some major pixie dust sprinkles this time around
Hope yours shows up confirmed soon!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #11
cseca

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz

Bill
Well how bout that? Seems like a better system than filling up every night. Gives the wait list people a chance to get the rooms first.
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
kenly777
Mouseketeer

So this afternoon, the second wait list came through, but the first one that disappeared never came through. When I called MS, she seemed kind of baffled, but she said that even though the wait lists were for two different times, the first one was cancelled. She put me back in for that one. Not quite sure what really happened, but I did get the second "disappearing" wait list.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I am glad to hear of successes! congratulations! I have a 1 night wait list for June, I've had it for over a month, still, I am hopeful!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #14
cseca

Oh one more thing thing too, they borrowed some points when I said no borrowing. It's not that many points so I didn't want to argue but that makes sense because a CM actually filled the wl instead of a computer.
I guess what I'm saying is , check your points when your wl goes through. They might borrow when you specified not to.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Oh one more thing thing too, they borrowed some points when I said no borrowing. It's not that many points so I didn't want to argue but that makes sense because a CM actually filled the wl instead of a computer.
I guess what I'm saying is , check your points when your wl goes through. They might borrow when you specified not to.
I'm a little confused. Are you saying they borrowed points to fill the waitlist when you had other points available to cover it?

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: