Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #31
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
I found them on SW for $ 262 with the Wanna Get Away fare. I guess that means I can't change the dates or cancel. Anyone else do this?
The Wanna Get Away fares are the cheapest with stipulations, but you can still get a lower price later on if the fare drops, as well as change your dates if you need to. If you do find a lower fare and/or change flights for a cheaper price, you will get a credit through SWA to use at a later date, but you won't get an actual "refund". You can also cancel flights and get a credit (to be used within a year of the date originally purchased), but no money will be refunded back to your cc. "Refunds" on Wanna Get Away fares for price drops are in the form a SWA credit.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #32
amberpi
DIS Veteran

We book everything separately. We try to stay at the Swolphin when they have openings, so book that directly to get our SPG points and book our flight (through SW, and my DH flies free on my companion pass) directly with SW to take advantage of said perk. Note that if you book through WDW/Expedia at the Swan for instance, you won't get your SPG points. If we can't get in at the Swolphin, we try the CR and then the YC and will compare WDW rates vs. Expedia rates. For the girls marathon trip in Jan., I saved a decent amount booking AKL through Expedia instead of through WDW direct.

We go multiple times a year for a 3-4 days at a time, so buy 10 day no expiration park hoppers. I'd love to do a longer time at WDW, but DH can only take so much WDW or Vegas, so we hit them more often for longer amounts of time. I know for our April trip, I'd like to hit Blizzard Beach which means we won't do the AK, which is fine, I just did AK with the girls in Jan. and will do it again during F&W. I think this, like almost everything about WDW, is about you and your party travel.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #33
Robbi
DIS Veteran

I always book separately and then if we've decided to do the dining plan, I book it 5 days before our trip. If you book a package and anything happens w/in 45 days of your trip, you lose your deposit. Booking everything separately allows changes until 5 days before a trip.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #34
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
I found them on SW for $ 262 with the Wanna Get Away fare. I guess that means I can't change the dates or cancel. Anyone else do this?
So... Did you book??
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #35
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post

So... Did you book??
Not yet. I have to double check with school to make sure that's our fall break AND I have to tell DH. He knows nothing yet. Wish me luck with that!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #36
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

We are actually headed to Florida next week for spring break. Driving down, condo on the beach, doing one day at MK, rope drop to close. Im not sure if I should tell DH about October mother/daughter trip before or after spring break. Our "plan" is to bring it up while at Disney. Lol!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #37
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
I always book separately and then if we've decided to do the dining plan, I book it 5 days before our trip. If you book a package and anything happens w/in 45 days of your trip, you lose your deposit. Booking everything separately allows changes until 5 days before a trip.
I agree...prepay as little as possible unless it involves a significant discount...and be very aware if cancellation/change fees. Prefer room only res. And add tickets at checkin...

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: