DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #16
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTravels View Post
I recently walked through a Disney DVC resort with my child after the outdoor movie, finding a couple making out in the corner of hot tub. The woman's head was barely above water next to a guy. They were surprised to see us because it was late... I did not how to explain that to my child.

Disney resort should be a family friendly, rated G, place to relax. I do not agree with adult-only hot tubs.
I see your point but wait until your kids grow up, move out and you start spending quality time with your partner. Older adults may love Disney but they may also enjoy some quiet time without kids running around playing in the pool or hot tub. Disney is a big place and has enough space for all ages to enjoy their Disney experience.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
I see your point but wait until your kids grow up, move out and you start spending quality time with your partner. Older adults may love Disney but they may also enjoy some quiet time without kids running around playing in the pool or hot tub. Disney is a big place and has enough space for all ages to enjoy their Disney experience.

Bill
I agree, but Bill, what to do with the dog?

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #18
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

I have often thought that the quiet pools, and quiet pool hot tubs should be 18+

AND the only why I say 18+ is because that's what Disney Cruise Line policy is for Adult Only areas....

Personally, I would like to see that rule moved to at least 19... if not 21.... yeah I know...

And the funny thing is, I never thought that until our most recent cruise... AND it was a Member Cruise... where there were 18 year old kids acting like total idiots in the adult pool splashing, yelling, screaming, and being well....kids.

This is a great time to mention... I really don't care for the adult pools on the new ships compared to the old ships. They are so small and far more... communal.... I guess is the right word.

But anyway - I totally agree that there should be adults only hot tubs at Disney Resorts.
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharpwv View Post
I have often thought that the quiet pools, and quiet pool hot tubs should be 18+

AND the only why I say 18+ is because that's what Disney Cruise Line policy is for Adult Only areas....

Personally, I would like to see that rule moved to at least 19... if not 21.... yeah I know...

And the funny thing is, I never thought that until our most recent cruise... AND it was a Member Cruise... where there were 18 year old kids acting like total idiots in the adult pool splashing, yelling, screaming, and being well....kids.

This is a great time to mention... I really don't care for the adult pools on the new ships compared to the old ships. They are so small and far more... communal.... I guess is the right word.

But anyway - I totally agree that there should be adults only hot tubs at Disney Resorts.
It's not always an issue of age. Sometime adults can be jerks, too. And until they determine a way to identify jerks and idiots, we are stuck.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #20
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
I went on my diatribe a couple of weeks ago because I was so annoyed at the fact that I could not find a hot tub at Aulani that was not totally filled with children. Fast forward to this week when I discovered a medical issue I have been dealing with since we returned from Hawaii was a strep infection that I managed to get ******lly. VERY rare for this to happen, and the doctor immediately asked if I had used a hot tub where there might have been children also using it. Ummm YES!!! I am wondering if any of you think I should again talk to Member Satisfaction about this? Would you? The MS person who called me back a couple weeks ago very much agreed with me about needing at least one hot tub that was for adults only, and she said she was going to bring it up at their next director's meeting. This was totally unexpected, since I NEVER get these kinds of infections, but I'm less than happy about this right now.
I COMPLETELY agree. That was my major pet peeve at Aulani. It really irritated me because I would never let my child in a hot tub, especially with adults around. The one facing the beach with the nice sunset view was basically flowing over with kids paddling back and forth, it was disgusting. I have a toddler and an infant and I would never subject other people to their pool paddling and possible potty accidents. Gross.

There is more than 1 hot tub at Aulani (and a nice quiet one near the smaller pool). At least one of them should be adults-only. I'm sorry the OP has a medical issue b/c of it. I'm a major germaphobe and I didn't go into the Aulani hot tub after witnessing the number of toddlers traipsing in and out.

To the OP---please contact Member Satisfaction again, and please tell us what they say.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #21
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
I managed to get ******lly. VERY rare for this to happen, and the doctor immediately asked if I had used a hot tub where there might have been children also using it.
What is the censored word or what is it related to? What can an adult get in a hot tub that has/had kids in it? I never knew that it was an issue...I would think it's more unhealthy for kids than adults? This would make me think twice next time...
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #22
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWA2 View Post
What is the censored word or what is it related to? What can an adult get in a hot tub that has/had kids in it? I never knew that it was an issue...I would think it's more unhealthy for kids than adults? This would make me think twice next time...
Google, female Strep infections, basically public hot tubs are a cesspool of germs, there is much more you can catch, I avoid them. Children in swim diapers definitely have no business in them and yes females of all ages could get the same thing.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 AM   #23
Stitch_lover_Sith
So I want to weigh in on this discussion

Quote:
They are available in Hedo in Jamaica or Desires in Mexico. Google them. They should not have adult only events in Disney resorts in my opinion.
You know those are great options for resort if you are looking for that type of vacation. People posting about their Disney Vacations tend not to be looking for this type of thing. Now my thought on why the hot tubes should be adult only is a medical reason. Prolonged exposure to hot water for children it a hazard to their health. These kids also don't know about the difference in the hot tube chemicals that make them very susceptible to communal infections.

As an adult who loves Disney and tends to travel with my family I am not looking for someplace to make out but someplace to relax.

To the OP call them again. I mention this issue to the manager on duty every time I check out at this hotel. The only place you can go to get away from the kids in Laniwai and you have to get a $45 day pass or pay for a $100 plus dollar service. It should not be this hard to bliss out in Hawaii.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #24
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

I think they should put up signs that say "You know you are boiling your children, right?"
Sugardimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #25
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharpwv View Post

Personally, I would like to see that rule moved to at least 19... if not 21.... yeah I know
Heck, why not make it 50 so we guarantee there is nobody even moving in the water? The three worst things I've ever seen in a Disney hot tub were:

1) an old man (80ish) getting out of the water to reveal his entire privates were exposed, accidentally of course, but in full view of everybody. He let things continue to "hang free" while sitting on the side of the hot tub. It was a real conversation stopper.

2) a young couple in their mid 20's last November on a freezing night at the BCV quiet pool hot tub basically fornicating as we walked back from the buses.

3) a man at the BCV main pool hot tub who spilled his fruity drink into the hot tub and then yelled at his kids to get his wife to get him another and then used vile language in front of several people when the wife finally showed up..."where the ?&?!? were you?"

I think I'd like to see kids only hot tubs and pools in order to cut down on the childish behavior.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #26
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
They are available in Hedo in Jamaica or Desires in Mexico. Google them. They should not have adult only events in Disney resorts in my opinion.
Just because I am in favor of "adults-only" does not mean I am looking for a vacation spot where publicly debaucherous behavior is the norm.

Being in favor of an adults only area is about parents that do not supervise their kids & let them use what is supposed to be a relaxing environment as a playground to say nothing of the inappropriateness of allowing children alone with strangers in a confined space. The children who sit properly while accompanied by an adult are not the issue (although I don't think it ever appropriate for diaper/toddler aged kids).

And then there are the health concerns... for both the kids and the other guests. Member Services should look at their policy (or lack thereof) from this perspective more closely.

And that's my opinion.

Last edited by MinnieGirl33; 03-22-2013 at 08:28 AM.
MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #27
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonsc View Post
Why do you think the strep infection came from children. Adults can get, and pass, strep also, can't they?

My kids love hot tubs. They get cold in most pools and like sitting with me in hot tubs. I think the key work may be "sit" with me. I also know hot tubs aren't healthy for young kids, especially for long times if the water is too hot. I don't allow them to be playing in a hot tub. I do understand kids are not always welcome and there should be some adult only hot tubs. I'm surprised there aren't some with signs that say this. But then, most people won't pay attention to the signs, will they!
Agree that it'd be hard to pinpoint whether strep germs came from kids or adults in a hot tub. A silent thought runs thru my head before i enter a hot tub, hoping that it's actually hot (not luke warm) and has proper chemicals.

imo kids should only be permitted in a hot tub under direct adult supervision for a myramid of reasons, including the fact that it's difficult for them to 'sit still' as is normally expected in one. However, the onus to enforce restricting kids shouldn't be thrust upon other guests to avoid unpleasantness.

We were recently on the RCCL Independence of the Seas. They did a wonderful job of enforcing the adult only hot tubs.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #28
DVCismyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

While I'm definitely in favor of some more "adult only" areas in Disney, I have to say, I don't know if you can pinpoint the infection on children in the hot tub. I NEVER go into a public hot tub of any kind. Quite frankly, the only hot tub I've ever gone in is our own....and the only people who have ever been in that hot tub are me and DH.

We had a BBQ once and some people (kids and adults) jumped in - the next day, we emptied it out, cleaned it and re-adjusted the chemicals.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #29
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

It's not always an issue of age. Sometime adults can be jerks, too. And until they determine a way to identify jerks and idiots, we are stuck.
Completely agree with this! Glad it was said
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #30
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Google, female Strep infections, basically public hot tubs are a cesspool of germs, there is much more you can catch, I avoid them. Children in swim diapers definitely have no business in them and yes females of all ages could get the same thing.
Oh, wow...well
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: