Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthropodtodd View Post
Both parks could have a Star Wars Land. One could feature the Empire and the other could feature rebels and allow the parks to battle.
LOL

I hope they do something at HS, not at Disneyland. I don't think that would work over there, and I don't like like the idea of it being over there. I dunno, that's just me maybe.

I think HS is the best spot for it.

Someone said something about the Red Trolley line at HS. It would fit into the park no problem, they would have to figure out the layout.

I think maybe HS should go under the knife like DCA did. They rethemed the main entrance, added the Trolley, made Carsland, refurbed some other areas and attractions too.

So with HS, get rid of the hat, make a Red Trolley go from the theater down to ToT. Get rid of LMA and backlot tour and expand Pixar Place. Make a Star Wars Land over by Star Tours somehow.

Thats my quick quick summary without knowing the knowledge of land available for Star Wars Land and other issues that might come up. I am sure there would be something.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #17
carebee21
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't take it to mean that Star Wars isn't coming to Disney World, or that it is even coming the Disneyland first. I think they just have to be more careful with what they put into Land compared with World for a few reasons. First, there is such limited space, that it doesn't make sense to put in something that people don't want or isn't appealing. And secondly, Land is so reliant on AP holders and repeat visitors, that if their plans don't appeal to the masses, it just isn't worth it there.

I still think we're definetly going to see Star Wars land somewhere in World, probably DHS, and I still think its going to be before it comes to Disneyland. I think they just have to carefully survey and think about their options more in land, which is why the surveys are taking place there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #18
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

This whole thread jumps the basis of the argument...as many do.

Ask yourself: what exactly is Disneyland and what exactly is disneyworld? How are they consumed by the clientele and what is the corporate ethos for each?

They are not the same. That is why many threads of late...especially about MGM...are just off from the start.

And just one specific...someone suggested that they should "knife" studios a la DCA...

Great idea...I have hoped for this for its entire history (24 years...if your counting)

But it will never happen...it's an apples to oranges...an we are to blame.

Why? I'll give you a hint...11,000,000
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
disney-dreams
proudly earning my ears

I do find it odd that they are surveying Disneyland AP about a 'Star Wars' land, however, they have made it clear,as stated in the survey, that just because they survey about something doesn't mean they are going to build it (they just like spending $$$ on surveys ). It does make sense, however, that with Disney's acquisition of the Lucas Franchise at a cost of over 4 billion, that they would consider building something; George Lucas is still a consultant for Disney, so I don't know how much say he has in regard to this kind of thing or what.

California is pretty much out of room (at least for something of substantial size at their current location), so to fit in a Star Wars land, they would have to take something out. The Disneyland parking lot was taken out to provide space for Disney's 'California' park... we loved running through that parking lot back in the day as it was huge!

So, is Disney looking at adding on to HS, Disneyland parks, or building a new park entirely....I wonder? However, Star Wars land as a stand alone park doesn't sound as appealing as other Disney Parks, at least not to me, but it is all just a matter of preference. Universal has done quite well with Harry Potter World and has plans to expand and is also in the middle of very conducting very in-depth surveys on everything from disabled accomidations in their parks to ticket options and ride preferences.... hum.

So, I think they Disney will look at putting a Star Wars Land of sorts in HS or somewhere in Walt Disney World area, since they have the room to do so. Then they could have Star Wars Weekends every weekend instead of just four to five weeks in the summer. I will be there opening weekend this year (didn't really plan my trip that way, just worked out that way), and I assume if there is a big Star Wars announcement coming, it just might be then! Star Wars Weekends are a HUGE draw for HS!

As always, we'll just wait and see and at least it makes for good discussion!

Just a side note... replace LMA with Indiana Jones ride that is in Disneyland... it's awesome!
disney-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
disney-dreams
proudly earning my ears

Oh, forgot about the rumors of changes to Epoct coming in 2015... maybe 'Star Wars' additions are being placed in Futureword... just a thought!
disney-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-dreams View Post
Oh, forgot about the rumors of changes to Epoct coming in 2015... maybe 'Star Wars' additions are being placed in Futureword... just a thought!
That's what i was hoping...

they scrap the whole concept of the most unique and impressive amusement park ever created ( and will never be recreated) and go with some stormtroopers...two years should be enough to pull that off.

May the force be with us.

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #22
christym
Mouseketeer

I got a survey from Disney World the other day asking about Star Wars. And I've never been to California - it was one of the first questions they asked was which parks I had visited. All of the questions were geared towards Florida, so I think they're asking about both. They were incredibly thorough, that's for sure! I love the idea (and I told them so!)

Our next trip: 2015 - 10th anniversary!

christym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christym View Post
I got a survey from Disney World the other day asking about Star Wars. And I've never been to California - it was one of the first questions they asked was which parks I had visited. All of the questions were geared towards Florida, so I think they're asking about both. They were incredibly thorough, that's for sure! I love the idea (and I told them so!)
these are tactics by Disney...

they know damn well that it would be a huge hit to put star wars additions in...they know that the public already assumes its coming (those that know)...and they figure any PR on this (even disguised as fact gathering) is gonna increase the chatter and make it a bigger draw when they pull the trigger.

There is certainly value to all info - disney knows full well - but i'm not buying them this time.

This is as much posturing as it is financial number crunching

Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

The survey I did about this was geared specifically to Disneyworld.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #25
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebee21 View Post
....I still think we're definetly going to see Star Wars land somewhere in World, probably DHS....
Fingers crossed!
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: