Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #16
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
If Mom and Dad are in one cabin with son and Grandma and minor daughter are in the other cabin, I read this to mean that the CD will inlcude all of the photos with the daughter. How about the photos with just Grandma? -- Suzanne
As I posted in my personal experience example above, pictures of JUST the person who is not a part of the immediate parent+minor children family purchasing the CD for the primary stateroom will NOT be on the CD. Any photos of the Mom or Dad or Son or Daughter, or any combination thereof, that also happens to have Grandma in them, WILL be included on the CDnot because she is Grandma, but because of the other person being assigned to that account that purchased the CD. A total stranger could photobomb the picture and if it has anyone else in it authorized for that CD, it will be on the CD.

Also, Daughter being assigned to the CD is NOT automatic; you have to go to Shutters and point out that she belongs to Mom and Dad and not Grandma. Otherwise she will be attached to Grandma's stateroom for picture buying purposes.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
holula
DIS Veteran

I wish they would change it so you could add another family stateroom for a discount. If me, my parents and my boyfriend travel in two separate rooms, we have to pay for two discs. If two parents and four children travel in two staterooms, they only have to pay for one disc. My parents and I are still a nuclear family!

I see why they do this, but in practice there are flaws.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #18
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
I wish they would change it so you could add another family stateroom for a discount. If me, my parents and my boyfriend travel in two separate rooms, we have to pay for two discs. If two parents and four children travel in two staterooms, they only have to pay for one disc. My parents and I are still a nuclear family!

But you are in a different stateroom because you are an adult who wants your own space. That's not a flaw. If there's only four of you, you could absolutely stay in one stateroom together and pay for one CD. You and your boyfriend are your own family now that you are grown up. The parents+minor children is because the minor children cannot book a room of their own without an adult present in the room.

Adding other families at a discount means anyone could claim another family just by linking together (as huge numbers of DISers do for dining) to abuse the system for the discount. Dining doesn't cost DCL or Shutters money. Discounts on merchandise does.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #19
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Parents and their minor children (not grown children) staying in different staterooms are the sole exception. You have to go to Shutters and arrange it.
What kind of arrangements do you need to make? We have two cabins booked, I'm in one with DD#1 and DH is in another with DD#2. Do we just tell them to join the accounts?
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post

What kind of arrangements do you need to make? We have two cabins booked, I'm in one with DD#1 and DH is in another with DD#2. Do we just tell them to join the accounts?
I don't know how they do it exactly. You just go to the Shutters desk and explain who is in which cabin related to which cabin is buying the CD, and they do it in their system. As long as it is parents+minor children only, they should do it. Doublecheck the sheet of picture thumbnails you get when you pick up your CD to make sure they did it correctly, because the kiosk can sometimes be inaccurate (as a PP experienced).
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't know how they do it exactly. You just go to the Shutters desk and explain who is in which cabin related to which cabin is buying the CD, and they do it in their system. As long as it is parents+minor children only, they should do it. Doublecheck the sheet of picture thumbnails you get when you pick up your CD to make sure they did it correctly, because the kiosk can sometimes be inaccurate (as a PP experienced).
Thanks. It is just us, so hopefully it isn't an issue and we can get all of the pictures on one CD.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Parents and their minor children (not grown children) staying in different staterooms are the sole exception. You have to go to Shutters and arrange it.
This is good to know as DH, myself and our four children are spread across two cabins.
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & 12
WDW- 2001.
DCL (Magic) - August 2013, Dover to Barcelona August 2015
LisaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #23
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post

But where does it end? Another room that has an adult brother of yours and his girlfriend? Yet another one with an adult cousin who is like a brother or sister to you? How about a whole ship full of people on a family reunion cruise? IMHO, their policy is entirely fair now and makes sense the way it is.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLightyearInTampa View Post
But where does it end? Another room that has an adult brother of yours and his girlfriend? Yet another one with an adult cousin who is like a brother or sister to you? How about a whole ship full of people on a family reunion cruise? IMHO, their policy is entirely fair now and makes sense the way it is.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: