Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Disneyfirstimers2013
Mouseketeer

Pictures for two rooms on one disk?

We are traveling with my parents who have their own room. We would like any pictures that are taken of us to be put on one disk to be purchased at the end of the cruise. Is this possible?
Disneyfirstimers2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Only possibly if someone from your stateroom is in all of the pictures that include your parents. The CDs are per stateroom and they don't combine staterooms for multiple households. However, any pictures with someone from your stateroom will be on your CD - so if you are all in the pictures together you can get them on your CD.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Just make sure that someone from your room is with them and they will be all on the disk. On the Magic we just used my room key all the time to swipe. If there are pictures not on the disk, all you have to do is find them at the kiosk and have them added. We went to the kiosk every day and checked that the photos were there. I'm not sure if it's the same on the Fanatasy/Dream.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

The pictures are based on your KTTW card, so as long as every time pictures are taken you use the same KTTW card, or at least one from the same stateroom, they should all be on the same disk. I plan to do the same thing when I cruise in October, because I'm taking my parents along.

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmiddy View Post
The pictures are based on your KTTW card, so as long as every time pictures are taken you use the same KTTW card, or at least one from the same stateroom, they should all be on the same disk. I plan to do the same thing when I cruise in October, because I'm taking my parents along.
This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Card swipe is irrelevant unless someone from the swiped stateroom is IN the picture. My card was swiped for a sitting with my DD and my BFF (different stateroom). During that session, my BFF had some solo shots done. Facial recognition and/or Shutters staff caught the difference and those solo shots were transferred to her account without us pointing it out. All the shots that had my DD in them stayed on our account.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Card swipe is irrelevant unless someone from the swiped stateroom is IN the picture. My card was swiped for a sitting with my DD and my BFF (different stateroom). During that session, my BFF had some solo shots done. Facial recognition and/or Shutters staff caught the difference and those solo shots were transferred to her account without us pointing it out. All the shots that had my DD in them stayed on our account.
Wow, that's crazy. Good way for them to get more money though.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
mjf
Mouseketeer

This was also our experience on the Fantasy. For the first few days of the cruise we were trying to use only one stateroom card so that all pictures would be on the same account. This did not work. The facial recognition software put the pictures against the correct staterooms

The only pictures you will get will be pictures that have at least one person from from your stateroom in them regardless of which card you use. Really sucks.

Mar13 - DCL-Fantasy
Nov12 - CBR(FD)
Mar12 - POFQ(FD),SSR
Mar11 - DCL-Dream, AKV
Mar10 - CBR/AKV
Mar09 - BCV
Nov09, Mar08, Nov08, Dec07 (SSR)
Feb07 - OKW, HGVC
Feb06 - OKW, RitzCarleton OGL, Homewood Suites
Feb05 - Country Inn&Suites LBV, MysticDunes
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

This is our experience on the Magic last month. We were traveling with my in-laws who had their own room. We were always with them at photo ops, so my room key was swiped for us as well as the in-laws, even when it was a picture of just the 2 of them. On the last day of our cruise I went to a Shutters kiosk and put my room key in. All of the pictures showed up, even the ones with only my in-laws in them. I ordered the unlimited CD from the kiosk without talking to a Shutters employee. I picked the CD up at 11:00 that night after receiving a phone call that it was ready. I didn't look at the CD until I got home and found out that the pictures with just my in-laws were not on there.

I had not done any research about Shutters before our trip so I had no idea about the pictures of the in-laws needing to be purchased separately & when I ordered the CD from the kiosk there was no warning message at all to let me know that the pictures of my in-laws that I was seeing right in front of me would not be put on the CD. I thought it was very misleading & am disappointed because we would have paid the extra money to get the pictures of the in-laws had we have known that they needed to be purchased separately.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
This was also our experience on the Fantasy. For the first few days of the cruise we were trying to use only one stateroom card so that all pictures would be on the same account. This did not work. The facial recognition software put the pictures against the correct staterooms

The only pictures you will get will be pictures that have at least one person from from your stateroom in them regardless of which card you use. Really sucks.
If that is the case, they will end up putting all my DS pictures on a separate disk from my DD, because I'm planning to move him into the stateroom with my parents. Last year, my kids wanted to do most of the character pictures by themselves instead of together.

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If that is the case, they will end up putting all my DS pictures on a separate disk from my DD, because I'm planning to move him into the stateroom with my parents. Last year, my kids wanted to do most of the character pictures by themselves instead of together.
Parents and their minor children (not grown children) staying in different staterooms are the sole exception. You have to go to Shutters and arrange it.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

I'm glad they have the facial recognition software. Not only does it keep the pictures divided up fairly but it also allocates the photos to you even when no KTTW card is scanned.

And maybe I'll get flamed for this, but why should one guest be able to buy two or three staterooms full of photos for the price we pay for only one? Unless they start charging per person, I don't see a problem at all with forcing parties with multiple staterooms to purchase a CD for each stateroom.

I found for us the better solution is to pre-pay for a certain number of prints through points. This is what we did on the Magic in 2011 and it worked out great.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLightyearInTampa View Post
And maybe I'll get flamed for this, but why should one guest be able to buy two or three staterooms full of photos for the price we pay for only one? Unless they start charging per person, I don't see a problem at all with forcing parties with multiple staterooms to purchase a CD for each stateroom.

I couldn't agree more, especially since Shutters WILL allow one set of parents and their immediate, underage children to share a CD if they are split across two staterooms for space and/or occupancy requirements.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #14
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

I am fine with the system the way it is. I understand why they do it this way. I just wish I had somehow known to purchase 2 CDs. I guess I am saying that I wish the facial recognition software had removed my in-laws photos from our account before the afternoon of the last day so that I never would have mistakenly had the impression that they would be on the CD that I ordered.

Last edited by princessmommyx3; 03-21-2013 at 03:26 PM.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Parents and their minor children (not grown children) staying in different staterooms are the sole exception. You have to go to Shutters and arrange it.
If Mom and Dad are in one cabin with son and Grandma and minor daughter are in the other cabin, I read this to mean that the CD will inlcude all of the photos with the daughter. How about the photos with just Grandma? -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: