Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #211
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

So a couple random questions about this year. I'm guessing there aren't answers at this point.

1. Do you think the monorail will be running early enough to get to the 10k start? In prior years they run it early on Saturday and Sunday but not on Friday.
2. Are they going to have to change the finish area for the Marathon? It seems adding the people to give out the Dopey medals to what's already going on could make it crowded-er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_oregon View Post
can you PM me as well....asked an agency for a quote for a "moderate resort" room today and received a 495/night room offer back.

ARRRGGHHH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Would you mind PMing me the info as well?
PM's sent to you both

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #212
dana211
Earning My Ears

If anyone finds out anything for sure about the AP early registration/discount you should let me know. :-P

I just got my pass a few months back and I'm still figuring all the stuff out. :-/
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #213
so_oregon
Disney Cruise Fanatic

thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
So a couple random questions about this year. I'm guessing there aren't answers at this point.

1. Do you think the monorail will be running early enough to get to the 10k start? In prior years they run it early on Saturday and Sunday but not on Friday.
2. Are they going to have to change the finish area for the Marathon? It seems adding the people to give out the Dopey medals to what's already going on could make it crowded-er.

PM's sent to you both

12/02 Norwegian Wind
12/06 Norwegian Wind
2/1/09 - Celebrity Solstice
9/19/09 - Disney Magic
5/27/10 - Disneyland trip
7/29-8/1/10 Disneyland
11/6/10 Celebrity Summit
1/23/11 - Disney Magic

so_oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #214
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike

PM's sent to you both
I have the same questions!!! Hopefully they will let us know sooner rather than later.

AB6876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #215
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post

We don't know any definites about the 10K yet, but the official press relase states that the 10K will be at the Wide World of Sports. My guess is that they tweek the marathon route a bit and have the 20 mile timing mat in the Wide World of Sports. Then they can use it at the start of the 10K and the last 6.2 of the marathon will be the 10K route. If this is the case then the monorail won't be transporting people to the start of the race on Friday. As far as the marathon finish area, they will probably just add a Dopey area to the Goofy tent area.

Obviously, all of this is speculation.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #216
HealthyDisneyGuide
always planning the next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
the official press relase states that the 10K will be at the Wide World of Sports.
It does? The version I have near the end of this blog post says it will be at Epcot: http://***********************/rundis...afraid-to-ask/

"After the Disney Family Fun Run 5K on Thursday, runDisney’s new Walt Disney World 10K, a 6.2-mile timed event, takes place Friday, at Epcot. Runners completing the race will receive a Minnie Mouse inspired medal."
HealthyDisneyGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #217
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****************** View Post
It does? The version I have near the end of this blog post says it will be at Epcot: http://***********************/rundis...afraid-to-ask/

"After the Disney Family Fun Run 5K on Thursday, runDisneys new Walt Disney World 10K, a 6.2-mile timed event, takes place Friday, at Epcot. Runners completing the race will receive a Minnie Mouse inspired medal."
Here is the official press release

http://disneysportsnews.com/2013/03/...athon-weekend/

If you scroll down to the bottom they list all of the event dates, time and location. The 10K is slated to begin at 5:30 at Wide World of Sports. The breakfast is at Epcot so definitely will finish there. The start is just my speculation.

Last edited by dismagiclover; 03-31-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #218
dizdreamer1955
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here is the official press release

http://disneysportsnews.com/2013/03/...athon-weekend/

If you scroll down to the bottom they list all of the event dates, time and location. The 10K is slated to begin at 5:30 at Wide World of Sports. The breakfast is at Epcot so definitely will finish there. The start is just my speculation.
From the Run Disney website:

Walt Disney World® 10K

Friday, January 10, 2014

Start/Finish: Epcot®

Run in the newest Marathon Weekend event, the 10K!

Join us for the inaugural Walt Disney World® 10K. This 6.2 mile course is the perfect distance for runners of all skill levels. Winding throughout Epcot® and the scenic World Showcase, it is the newest way to be part of the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend.
dizdreamer1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #219
HealthyDisneyGuide
always planning the next trip!

Quote:

Yep, that's exactly the same press release as I put in my blog post... I'll be interested to see if you are right. It certainly makes sense, logistics-wise, but I really hope you are wrong. Since I will have run 4 Wine & Dine's by then plus marathon 2013, I'd like to cover some new territory instead of the same old thing!
HealthyDisneyGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #220
thebwit
Mouseketeer

I wonder what the hours are going to be for the expo on Wednesday. Normally I arrive early on Thursday like 9am but this puts a cramp in that as I will have to fly in Wednesday afternoon/evening due to school.
thebwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #221
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizdreamer1955 View Post
From the Run Disney website:

Walt Disney World® 10K

Friday, January 10, 2014

Start/Finish: Epcot®

Run in the newest Marathon Weekend event, the 10K!

Join us for the inaugural Walt Disney World® 10K. This 6.2 mile course is the perfect distance for runners of all skill levels. Winding throughout Epcot® and the scenic World Showcase, it is the newest way to be part of the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend.
I've seen this. The official press release info doesn't match up. The only reason I think the official press relase info may be correct is because all of it is so specific and the 10K is the only race showing a different location starting point. So it seems like it had to be specifically noted. The runDisney website has the start/finish designation for all the races. They may have missed the detail that the start is in a different place than the finish. The race description still applies to the course if it is the last 6.2 of the marathon. Though I would think they would add something in about the Studios too. I know nothing. I'm just speculating and I wouldn't be suprised if my speculation is wrong. Until they release a course map we really don't know.

Last edited by dismagiclover; 03-31-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #222
tri4life
Earning My Ears

Do I just need to go on the RunDisney website on Apr 3rd to use the early passholder discount or is the another website? Any help would be great. Thanks
tri4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #223
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri4life View Post
Do I just need to go on the RunDisney website on Apr 3rd to use the early passholder discount or is the another website? Any help would be great. Thanks
There's been conflicting info out there. One blog I followed indicated APs would be receiving an email with a link and password to register. But when I called I was told I would register via the AP Landing website. However, I haven't been able to gain access. I'll post as soon as I see anything. Although, I'm planning to register for the RWC.
swimfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #224
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
There's been conflicting info out there. One blog I followed indicated APs would be receiving an email with a link and password to register. But when I called I was told I would register via the AP Landing website. However, I haven't been able to gain access. I'll post as soon as I see anything. Although, I'm planning to register for the RWC.
Is there a web portal for annual passholders? I don't see anything when I search for it on google and there is nothing on the back of our passes.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #225
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...am/passholder/

not sure if it really is doing much right now..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: