Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

App for Disabled alternate entrance wait times

I was just pondering today if it might be a good thing for the already existing apps for smart phones to include disabled entrance wait times. After all, there is single rider wait time for RSR in cars land...it would be kind of nice to have one for those who are waiting in the handicap access line. ( this came to me when having to trek all the way to Space Mountain to find that the line would take 3 times as long to wait in it then the regular line.) Although, on the advocate side...then anyone can access it and see that sometimes the lines would be shorter than the regular time and would go get a GAC or WC to ' beat the lines') then again, maybe people would see that it takes much longer on some rides then the regular line as well! What do you think?

By the way, I use a GAC and sometimes a WC if I am really not doing well that day so I personally know that most times it takes much much longer to load into the alternate vehicles! I wonder how it would come across for those who do not usually use the entrance?

me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Alternate entrances are not always used. The same attraction can use it one hour, and shut it down the next due to shortage of personnel.

I feel that handicapped entrances are just that - entrances for those who need them when handicapped. A wait time would be hard to predict - it might take a long time to load the HC car, it might be a short time. It depends on who is loading, and the type of disability they have as to how much time they would take. A set of 15 people could take 20 minutes, or a different set of 15 people could take 5 minutes. It's not able to be predicted just by counting heads.

I would never want my loading time broadcast to the nation. I take a while longer than most. It is frustrating enough without having to worry about how much time I am eating up! HC people have difficulty rushing.

Sorry - can't agree on this one!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

Actually..you made wonderful points! I wasn't even aware that they shut down the alternate entrances with lack of personnel. And true..it does take people different amounts of times to get in and out..I know it certainly takes me sometimes double the time to get in or out of one ride than another! All depends on the vehicle and howit is set up. ( ie harder to get in and out of space mountain because of the seat being so low and the sides so high then it is to get in a vehicle that transfers straight across! ) that is probably why space mountain line is so long...others have the same issue! should have thought of that before...thanks for enlightening me!

Moderator...feel free to close this thread. Should have thought more about it before pondering through writing. Thanks

me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: