Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
EALOVE
Earning My Ears

Best moderate hotel for young children?

We have a 4 yo, 2 yo and 8 mo. We will be spending most of our time at the resort since we are annual pass holders/Florida residents and live only an hour away. So, pools and amenities are very important!

Price least to greatest:

CBR
CS
POR
POFQ

Any recs and comments greatly appreciated! Thanks!
EALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
brownierose
Earning My Ears

I like pofq. My dd3 loved the pool, it's smaller so not worried about crowds so she could walk freely (while with us ). Food court with tvs yo watch disney channel, arcade. We love it!
brownierose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
Julie711
Mouseketeer

Only moderate hotel we have been to is CBR (4x) and we love it! Our DD ( now 5 years old) loves the kiddie pirate ship pool area with water slides , dumping buckets. The main pool area is also great, pirate themed with cannons, water slides & hot tubs. Each village also has its own private pool if you don't feel like walking to main pool are or want a quick swim. The resort is large but that's why we love it, even if hotel is at capacity it doesn't feel like it cause it's so spread out. We have stayed in the futherest section on the hotel in the pirate rooms and that was a 6-8 min walk to pool area, food court & gift shop!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

If the pool is important, the CBR offers the best pool area IMO for young children. It is zero entry, has two slides that your 4 year old might do well with. They aren't the quickest or longest in WDW. There is also a gated height limit enforced (48 inches) water play area for the kids. It has multiple small slides, quite appropriate for the 2 and 4 year old, and water features. The water in that area is very shallow, great for the baby. Our boys loved it! We loved the locked gate so that we could relax and let our boys run around and have some independence.

The worst pool area IMO for young children is CSR. The pool is deeper than the other moderates in more areas, no zero entry, the slide is long, enclosed, and quick, and the kids play area was quite pitiful. We loved this resort but we won't return until our boys are older.

POR and POFQ are nice as well. FQ is more compact and a bit easier to get around.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
EALOVE
Earning My Ears

CBR seems awesome! I was wavering between the Values (POP maybe?) and CBR while waiting for replies. I just feel that the pools and amenities at CBR might be a deal breaker between them!
EALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

We stayed at POFQ in September and loved it.. It was very nice with young kids. We could get to the lobby and the food court within a minute.

I am looking at staying at POR this fall but not totally sure yet.
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

CBR is the only mod we've stayed at and we loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the food court was good, the pool was great (and has been redone since our stay), and the transportation was quick and efficient. I think the kids would love the pirate pool.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
boscov
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at all of the moderates, except CSR and POR is by far our favorite. With all the different bus stops, the size of the resort is less of a factor to me. Plus, it's not a real long walk to any part of the resort, except some of the AB locations. POR has Yehaa Bob, which I excellent for kids, an amazing food court and an above average pool. If size of the resort is a concern, then POFQ would be my choice. The pool might be a bit better for younger kids as the slide is less thrilling and the pool is a little bit more low key. We did not like CBR at all. The layout was confusing, the food court was sub par and the beds are doubles. This is why I choose POR every time.

boscov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1
CBR is the only mod we've stayed at and we loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the food court was good, the pool was great (and has been redone since our stay), and the transportation was quick and efficient. I think the kids would love the pirate pool.
Completely agree with this. We've stayed at all the moderates except CSR and CBR is our favorite .
Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
MASKED MANIAC
Mouseketeer

Coronado....best pool for a child....
MASKED MANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: