Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #91
emmawho
Earning My Ears

I love Ralph's princess hand! Too funny!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #92
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

My DD is really jealous you met Vanellope. She was there when we were in line but she had to leave right before we made it to the front so we only got to meet Ralph.
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #93
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Yay! Congratulations on not only meeting my challenge, but going above and meeting not one but THREE new characters.
Haha! Thanks!!! I did my best to achieve those goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmawho View Post
I love Ralph's princess hand! Too funny!
It was hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
My DD is really jealous you met Vanellope. She was there when we were in line but she had to leave right before we made it to the front so we only got to meet Ralph.
Aww! That suuucks!! I wonder why she had to leave!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #94
katt789
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the 50's!

Just gonna start this off with a little life update! It's a pretty big couple of weeks for me! May 3 & 4th are the dates of my dance competition, and I'll be heading down to Florida May 8-11th!! There's auditions for WDW that include: Alice, Cindy, Jasmine, Rapunzel, and Vidia (for my height) and then auditions for Hong Kong DL that include all the princesses! Fingers crossed that things go great!!

Finally, we had made our way out of Disney’s Hollywood Studios (I know, you thought we’d never make it, didn’t you?!) I told Paige that the easiest way to get to lunch would to be to either walk or take the boat, and since the walk was a pretty decent one, she opted for the boat. I gave her the choice as she really doesn’t like boats, but said she’d be okay for this one.

We spent the time on the trip over taking pictures and just sitting and relaxing, it’s really pretty going from DHS on the boats, I mean, practically everything is pretty at Disney! Lawl.

[IMG]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd390/katt789/Disney%20Feb%2013/Feb%
20day%201/198_zpsfa41b7f4.jpg[/IMG]

It was nice to get off our feet for a bit and just see parts of Disney that we hadn’t really seen before, and Paige said that the boat ride wasn’t that bad and she’d be okay on the way back.

I saw the “sunken” ship and was all “that’s really awesome” and THEN noticed that it was part of the pool, and was like “THAT IS TOTALLY WICKED!”

The Yacht/Beach Club really is beautiful, like these pictures don’t do it justice! It’s so pretty, we also noticed what we thought must be a wedding set up on the beach! Wouldn’t that we cool!

Then we were pulling into the dock and were off the boat, the lighthouse they have is super cool too, and I was instantly in awe of everything, it’s so classy!

We followed the pathway up towards what looked like the main building, and found a map to direct us to lunch! It was over to the right of where we were, so we started over that way beside the big pool that looked wicked!

I wasn’t sure how far along our destination was, so I decided to pop inside just to check it out, not the right place, but the interior is just as pretty!

I’m pretty sure it was around this point that we had the conversation about resorts that we preferred. Since Paige had seen the inside of AKL, and the Grand Flo earlier this trip/last trip, when we stayed at AoA, and I’ve stayed all over the place. Paige said she likes the looks of the nice resorts, but that they don’t really have that “Disney” feel to them. Like, Pop and AoA have so many icons all over the place and are bright and colorful and really kid friendly, and she likes that. I really like my deluxes, I do feel like the Grand Flo would be a bit stuffy, but I’m still in love with AKL and the Poly, they still have the Disney feel to them, and I like feeling classy. Haha!

Discussion finished we had reached our destination, and checked in, they said it would be around a thirty minute wait, and handed us a buzzer. Well, that thirty minutes was just enough time for Paige to play a round of fruit ninja and pick out a prize over at the arcade and then we were being sat, and where were we, you may ask?

Yay! As you may know, I really don’t like the counter service over at DHS, and asked Jess what she would recommend, and it was Beaches and Cream! Yay, we were seated right at up the bar, facing the ice cream station, pretty nifty seats if you ask me, and pretty nifty ice creams too!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #95
katt789
DIS Veteran

I will Never Eat Onion Rings Again!

Were we excited?! Of course! The place was absolutely awesome, and we both actually really liked being sat up on the bar, clearly, that’s where all the cool kids sit! Sidenote: remember when you were a kid, and you ALWAYS wanted to sit at the high tables, but your parents were always like “Ugh Katt no….sit here” …same thing with revolving doors…simple minds, amused by running through doors over and over again…no…just me? We were sitting directly parallel to the entrance to the restaurant, viewing this:

And to the right angle of us was another longer “bar” section that you could be seated at:

And of course, the rest of the place, tables in the middle, and booths along the side wall:

It’s pretty small in there, but they make do, and it doesn’t feel cramped at all, which is nice! Today was definitely the day that I regretted being all “I wanna be healthy!” I wanted NOTHING more than to try one of the milkshakes, especially as they have awesome flavours and they looked amazing, as did the chocolate cake!

I ordered the “Grilled Cheese with Tomato Bisque” a “six cheese blend on Fresh baked sourdough bread”

While Paige got the “Grilled Vegetable Sandwich” a combination of “chilled vegetables topped with Arugula salad on sea salt focaccia with goat cheese spread” All their sandwiches are served with house made pickes and a choice of French fries or fruit, and Paige opted for the fruit.

And in case you couldn’t see them LOOMING behind Paige’s sandwich, we also got the onion rings!

Uhm…yum. Now, it said on the menu the thing about the pickles being with all the sandwiches, well, apparently that doesn’t apply to the grilled cheese, and I was a little heartbroken, I was REALLY looking forward to that pickle! I know I could have asked, but our server was around a bunch of different places and I didn’t really want to, so I suffered without…and ended up eating some of Paige’s when she was done eating.

What did we think of the food? Well, the onion rings were hands down the greatest onion rings I have EVER had, like, I was RAVING to my Mom about them, and she was all “I just got back from a high class cruise and you’re telling me about the onion rings” Obviously you haven’t had these. Like, I would go back JUST for these they were that good, I’m scared to eat onion rings anywhere else. They were the PERFECT combination of crispy, onion, batter, everything was TOP NOTCH. And in case you didn’t notice, they’re FREAKING HUGE.

The sandwich was great, I would have liked a little bit more cheddar cheese in it, as it was mostly white cheese, but I’m the girl who makes my grilled cheese with Kraft Singles (I know, I know, but really, they melt the best!) I really liked that it wasn’t too greasy tasting either, it wasn’t drowned in butter before it was grilled which was nice. The tomato bisque honestly just tasted like the Safeway deli take away soup, good, creamy, delicious, but nothing to rave about.

Paige really enjoyed her sandwich, but there was something on it that we found to not be too tasty, and after some experimentation, discovered it was eggplant, but aside from that it was delicious. The bread was the hit of the sandwich though, it was one of those that has like, spices in it, super yum!

We devoured the onion rings and finished all we could of the meals, and debated ice creams/milk shakes, especially after seeing the little Mickey ice cream that was so adorable, they even put the cherry stem in the back of it as a tail! So cute! However, the sandwich and soup probably had enough dairy for the week for me, so it was a no go. There was a table in there that had the infamous “Kitchen Sink” while we were there, it’s huge, jeeze! However there were some allergies in the group, so they brought out all the toppings separately, so we haven’t really seen it all constructed (I think it was peanut butter allergy? Super awesome that they could do that!)

Our server (who I realize I haven’t mentioned like, at all, but she was awesome, super friendly, it was honestly like when you go home to your friends house for lunch during the school day and their Mom makes you everything, “Thanks for the great grub Mrs M!”) brought us the bill:$11.99 for Paige’s sandwich and fruit, $8.99 for mine, and $6.49 for the onion rings. Totally worth it! We paid out of pocket, and were off on our very full way back to the boat dock.

Beaches & Cream Review
5/5
-Service was great
-Food was amazing
-The atmosphere was ADORABLE, they had the 50’s music playing the entire time, you were really immersed into it
-Great location and a lovely excuse to visit Beach Club during your trip!
-Wait time for a table was not bad at all, especially since it’s a smaller dining area (FYI: We were there around 2:00pm, so not PEAK lunch hours)
-They also have a little “to go” area for ice creams and shakes and floats and such

I grabbed one last shot of the BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING YACHT/BEACH CLUB on our way back to the ferry boat!

Like, I’m pretty sure that’s not real. I had also pretty much DECIDED that this was going to be the resort I stayed at in Sept with Mom, her friend and my friend, especially after finding out you can “rent” DVC points. However, after some deliberation, that changed, BUT, that’s another story!

Paige and I were super lucky to have a boat waiting right there when we got there, as we were hoping to catch the parade as we got back to DHS! Would we? Well….until next time!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #96
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

So I just have to say

DUH I clearly should have read this update before messaging you about May. Haha well regardless the auditions sound perfect for you and I'm wishing you the best!

Also, I started reading these updates and was saying hmm I feel like I read this before. Then I had another DUH moment. They were in your dining review! Anyway, your food still looks awesome hahaha and I totally love the look of the BC and for September 2014, I totally want to rent points and stay there!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #97
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Wishing you lots of luck on the auditions! Break a leg! (I didn't know you were considering Hong Kong too! What an adventure that would be!)

I adore the BC/YC area. Isn't it gorgeous? I go back and forth on wanting to stay there or the Poly most.

Beaches and Cream sounds awesome! I know lots of people love it. I didn't realize it was so small in there though! Thanks for the detailed photos.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #98
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Lovely photos from the boat. I just can never get over the fact that all this was swamp!!!

Wait.... there's another way to make grilled cheese other than Kraft singles!?

That's awesome about the auditions. I've said it before, but I think it's so great that you continue to follow that dream. Plus for HK DL... that's neat.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #99
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the auditions! I can't beleive you will be at Disney in less than two weeks! So Jealous! We seem to be making each other jealous lately.

Beaches and Cream looks soooo good. That is another one on my list to get to someday. That's something I love about Disney, there's alway something to look forward to on the next trip.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #100
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

The Beach Club is super pretty, but I'm like Paige. I prefer the fun, vibrant Disney atmosphere of the Values, most specifically AoA. One thing I did love about Beach Club though, was the walk to DHS. It really isn't that bad! The boat is nice too though, especially as a break for your feet.

I really need to eat at Beaches & Cream for real one day.

Good luck with the dance competition next weekend, then the auditions after that!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #101
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I haven't tried BnC yet ,but I'm supposed to go next month with a friend of mine so hopefully that works out.

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #102
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
So I just have to say

DUH I clearly should have read this update before messaging you about May. Haha well regardless the auditions sound perfect for you and I'm wishing you the best!

Also, I started reading these updates and was saying hmm I feel like I read this before. Then I had another DUH moment. They were in your dining review! Anyway, your food still looks awesome hahaha and I totally love the look of the BC and for September 2014, I totally want to rent points and stay there!
Bahaha, whatevs! Sometimes information is all over the place and gets confusing on where you saw it and stuff! Thank you!! Lawl!! Yeah, definitely gonna get some double updates with those reports going on! Ugh, I really want to stay at BC, I'm hoping that I'll be able to in the next few years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Wishing you lots of luck on the auditions! Break a leg! (I didn't know you were considering Hong Kong too! What an adventure that would be!)

I adore the BC/YC area. Isn't it gorgeous? I go back and forth on wanting to stay there or the Poly most.

Beaches and Cream sounds awesome! I know lots of people love it. I didn't realize it was so small in there though! Thanks for the detailed photos.
Thank you!! It would be such an adventure!!! It's so pretty there!! Oh goodness, the Poly was so amazing for being able to walk to the TTC and be at the mk in a matter of seconds, or anywhere really. The food was so good, and it's so cute in there, I definitely want to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Lovely photos from the boat. I just can never get over the fact that all this was swamp!!!

Wait.... there's another way to make grilled cheese other than Kraft singles!?

That's awesome about the auditions. I've said it before, but I think it's so great that you continue to follow that dream. Plus for HK DL... that's neat.
It's amazing! Bahaha, not to me there's not!! Lawl, but it still tasted good! And thank you! I will continue to do so until I get it!! And I mean, who knows, someday soon I could have a friend on the casting panel, but that story is to come!!

Old 04-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #103
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Good luck with the auditions! I can't beleive you will be at Disney in less than two weeks! So Jealous! We seem to be making each other jealous lately.

Beaches and Cream looks soooo good. That is another one on my list to get to someday. That's something I love about Disney, there's alway something to look forward to on the next trip.
Thanks!! Haha, yeah, I won't have much play time, but I'll still be in the parks for a bit! Haha. It's so yummy!! THere's always so much that I'm all "I have to do that next trip" and I'll try to do it all but never finish the list haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
The Beach Club is super pretty, but I'm like Paige. I prefer the fun, vibrant Disney atmosphere of the Values, most specifically AoA. One thing I did love about Beach Club though, was the walk to DHS. It really isn't that bad! The boat is nice too though, especially as a break for your feet.

I really need to eat at Beaches & Cream for real one day.

Good luck with the dance competition next weekend, then the auditions after that!
It would be awesome!! I like to stay at deluxes, I find them to just be nicer haha, obviously. I don't mind the whole "disney feel" because you're still in the bubble, and you're still at disney the whole time. I loved the Poly and AKL, but those are more themed than bc/yc and I like that more!!

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I haven't tried BnC yet ,but I'm supposed to go next month with a friend of mine so hopefully that works out.
Yay!! It's super yummy!!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #104
katt789
DIS Veteran

I Don't Wanna Work

The adventure back from the Beach Club was rather non adventurous, we were both super full and super satisfied with our brief trip to the 50’s! Hollywood Studio’s didn’t have a huge line up or anything as we got back through the bag check and turnstiles rather quickly, and managed to grab a nice spot on the corer just inside the gate for the parade!

Mickey also decided that it would be a good time to photobomb us! Bahaha! On our way back I was saying that I hoped the parade would be starting near the back of the park, otherwise we’d probably end up missing the start of it, and we lucked out as that’s the direction the Countdown to Fun was coming from!

I know this parade gets a lot of hate, but I really do like the amount of different aspects that they use in it, scooters, hoops, ball, ribbons, different characters that you never really see, it’s great.

Paige and I both really liked the tutu costumes on these girls!

She’s so pretty! A big beautiful butterfly! (I honestly don’t know if I’ve EVER seen A Bug’s Life….)

I find this parade to always have such big energy from all the performers too, it’s one of those “high energy” ones that keeps me occupied and dancing the entire time!

Paige started freaking out over Boo and how adorable she was and there I was just being all “she’s freaking creepy! Like, she is terrifying!” I love her in the movies, she’s beyond the cutest baby every, BUT, in that costume, I’m just like …ugh…no thanks. Baha! We also saw the girl from Disney Channel Rocks that just hadn’t been caring at all, and she at least had a smile on her face during the parade, and seemed to be a little more in to this, but who knows…

The girl up here was SUPER bubbily and adorable!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #105
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Journey Through Film

Love the Up gang! I also really like that they got Mr Fredrickson on the float with balloons, and there’s Kevin on the side, and that he actually has his cane with the tennis balls! So much awesome!

Our favourite girl was out again, and just as enthusiastic as before, she’s got some killer energy to be doing DCR however many times a day, PLUS the parade, and I’ve heard rumours of some of the performers ALSO doing Fantasmic, like, that’s a JAM PACKED DAY!

The parade was over (it’s a super short one, hey?) and we both really liked it! It’s a bit higher energy, and it’s just fun to watch, I was glad Paige liked it, as this trip we were doing a bunch more stuff that we missed last time, and there’s the whole “oh gosh I hope she has fun” kinda thing that comes from being the trip planner! Ha! With the parade over, and us not wanting to fight through the crowds, we turned around right into one of the stores to look around and Paige found a funny shirt;

We browsed through all the shops on the main drag there and came out near the hat without buying anything (lets be serious, that’s a really good thing, we were both trying to save money on this trip and not buy things!) Since we came out near the hat, Paige asked about the Great Movie Ride, and since I hadn’t been on it in ages, we figured it would be a good thing to do now!

The theater’s so pretty! I do wish I could see DHS without the hat in the way of the theatre, I mean, I could google it, but I want to see it in person, Disney doesn’t get justice through pictures, bahah! Paige also saw some of the costumes/props in the queue and FREAKED out over some of them, even apologising to some of the other people in the line because we were running off towards the side to get pictures, haha!

I was happy to see some of my favourite, Julie Andrews, playing on the screen when we got into the waiting area!

We pretty much walked right onto the ride, I don’t think there is ever too much of a wait in here, and if there is, it doesn’t really matter because there’s clips playing and your entertained no matter what!

We were lucky and managed to get the front row of the car! Heck yes! I *think* there was a small family beside us, but I’m not 100% sure anymore, lol. Our guide was nice young girl, I can’t remember her name, but she was pretty good! Paige had a moment right when the ride’s about to start, and the lights all go down, and then the stage lights all come up on you. Well, to anyone who’s performed, you know there’s absolutely nothing else like that in the world, and that feeling, brought Paige to tear up (which I mean, isn’t surprising, baha!) She said that it’s her favourite feeling, and she really misses it!

We started off with some old favourites including Singing In The Rain, and of course, Mary Poppins!

As we headed into a not so safe looking neighbourhood, I was secretly PRAYING to the pixie dusting gods that we would get the cowboy scene….

Welp, let’s cross our fingers, shall we?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: