Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #46
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love that your posted a picture of the map for the picture shooting corral in Woody's room. I had seen it before, but had never taken the time to really look at it. It's interesting.

I don't know why some mornings they open DHS early, but I sure like it (as long as I actually make it to the park early enough).

One of the picture of Paige and Woody, the one where he has his arms around her and she's kinda holding his arm, is so sweet!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #47
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Aw your bows are so cute! Where did you get them?

Ahhhh viewmasterrr!!! I used to love love those things!

I had the same idea as you on TSMM lol my accuracy was like 20% but I won so I guess whatever works right lmao

Love the Buzz and Woody queue pictures! It's set up so well. And how cool to meet nice Disney people!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #48
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

HAHA Oh man you totally had me with TSM being shut down. Oh my...
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #49
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #50
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
You actually had me scared there for a minute by saying that TSM was down for the day! That would be a nightmare for me.

Oh, and they sometimes open HS early. The day I went, they opened the gates at 8:30 am. I got two rides in on TSM before the official opening of the park!

I love all the Buzz and Woody pictures. That line looks like so much fun to stand in. They need to do that for more of the meet and greets.
Bahahah!! Glad i can still get away with a scare! It really would have sucked if it had been down!! I will never understand why thy open it early, I mean, I'm all for it if im there early, but otherwise.... I really wish there were more character lines like that, just something to keep people entertained while they wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAng View Post
LOVE your Buzz and Woody bows! So cute!

We were at DHS that day, too. I didn't realize that they ended up opening a bit early? That would explain why our Toy Story FPs ended up being for almost 1 pm when we arrived. Oops!
Thanks!!! Thats awesome!! Haha, that does suck though, i just wish they would always or never do it

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #51
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I love that your posted a picture of the map for the picture shooting corral in Woody's room. I had seen it before, but had never taken the time to really look at it. It's interesting.

I don't know why some mornings they open DHS early, but I sure like it (as long as I actually make it to the park early enough).

One of the picture of Paige and Woody, the one where he has his arms around her and she's kinda holding his arm, is so sweet!
I thought it was super cute! I didnt really realize what it was when i first took the pic though, baha!
Haha, theyre adorable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Aw your bows are so cute! Where did you get them?

Ahhhh viewmasterrr!!! I used to love love those things!

I had the same idea as you on TSMM lol my accuracy was like 20% but I won so I guess whatever works right lmao

Love the Buzz and Woody queue pictures! It's set up so well. And how cool to meet nice Disney people!
Thanks!! Got them off etsy, just did a search for disney bows! Lol, screw accuracy, i just want the points haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
HAHA Oh man you totally had me with TSM being shut down. Oh my...
Bahshaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!
Yay! Hi!!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #52
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Joining In

I am really enjoying your report. And you would have totally had me on TSM being down.......had we not been able to ride it later the same day!
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #53
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
I am really enjoying your report. And you would have totally had me on TSM being down.......had we not been able to ride it later the same day!
Thanks!! I'm glad you're enjoying it!!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #54
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

You guys are so cute - loving your TR so far!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #55
katt789
DIS Veteran

Time to Rock

Paige and I had just finished our play time over in Pixar Place with Buzz and Woody and then headed down towards Sunset Boulevard, it was time to get our thrill on!

Now, as many of you know, I’ve never been the hugest thrill ride person, and in fact, I really only go on coasters and stuff in Disney, so I have yet to go on Rock N Rollercoaster! I know, I know. Well, Paige is doing another trip with her boyfriend in August, and he said she had to do either RnR, or some other ride that she really didn’t want to do, so she figured she should prepare for RnR now.

Long story short, there was a pretty drastic decision to be made as of RIGHT NOW! Paige said she would like it if I went on with her, but it was okay if I didn’t, she wouldn’t pressure me into it, and wouldn’t be upset if I didn’t go. She didn’t want me to have a panic attack, which is nice, lol! When we got to the entrance, I wasn’t feeling it too much, and the wait time wasn’t too great either, I asked a CM if I went through the single rider with Paige if there was a chicken exit inside, and she said there was, so, in we went!

I told Paige that maybe after seeing the launch, I would possibly change my mind, or at least, consider going on it again WITH her later, as we were in the single rider line, we’d probably be split up. And here; is how we felt on the whole matter:

There was a woman in line behind us who we talked to briefly, she was saying that it really wasn’t that bad, and is an easier ride than Space/Everest, and was sure I could handle it. Haha, it was nice to hear encouraging words from other people!

With the single rider line we waited about five or ten minutes, it definitely wasn’t long at all! I thought the little pre-show was cute, definitely not something I’d want to sit through every time, but it was interesting enough (I feel the same about the ToT pre show, if I could skip the library I totally would!) We got into the lauching room, and as we saw the coaster take off, I then and there said I wouldn’t be doing it! Lawl.

I bid Paige good luck as she went up to her row, and asked the cast member where to exit the ride, and she sent me through this little back door that led down a very empty non marked hallway. It was seriously weird, I felt like I was somewhere I wasn’t supposed to be! Haha. I came out at the ride exit, and then took my place to wait for Paige. I was watching the screens to see if I would be able to see Paige’s picture from the take off, but didn’t see it at all, then the woman who had been behind us came off the coaster, and seemed surprised I was still waiting. I kinda had a little freak out in my head thinking something happened to Paige, or that she had bailed and was needing calming down somewhere or was lost, or only God knows what! Luckily, she was having trouble getting her bag out of the pouch and was seconds behind the other woman, thank goodness!

So proud of Paige for doing Rock N Rollercoaster #tooscared #ibailed

Her verdict: she loved it! It was totally awesome! She said she would do it again, that the 0-60 was pretty intense, but the rest of it was awesome, and it was a little lighter inside than Space Mtn too. I was glad she had fun, and told her I’d continue to think about it, I just wasn’t sure about the take off, and the countdown to the take off, I think it freaks me out more than the ride itself! LAWL!

We continued around the corner to a thrill that I WOULD partake in, to find that the wait time wasn’t exactly what we would like to wait, and we had fast passes that wouldn’t work if we got caught up in the line.

Well my beloved hotel, you’ll have to wait! Thankfully our TSM fp had just become valid, so we grabbed some fast passes for the so unfortunate elevator ride, we would just have to wait until later, but soon enough, we would be reunited! Along the way back down Sunset we saw a photopass photographer out so we made sure to stop for some fun pics!

I really need to start thinking of some different poses to do in front of Tower of Terror! I mean, I love that the pp’s always go “now be scared” but after so many trips is just gets meh, lol. Maybe we just need to be more dramatic? Haha.

The photopass guy asked if we wanted to get some over to the side as well, and I of course said yes, so he moved us over by the Beauty and the Beast theater wall to take a couple more and directed us in how to pose!

He then told us that a little Chip would be popping up when we looked at the photo, yay! Super cute! We thanked him, grabbed the photopass card, and made our way back over to Pixar Place!

With our fast passes we were straight through in under five minutes, and I’m pretty sure we got through the little blue gate on the right! HECK YES! We definitely high fived on that fact!

Paige is on the left with me on the right in that one, I’m telling ya that app helps you know where all the targets are, and it helps! That and that I really don’t care about accuracy, bahaha! My arm was exhausted by the end of this ride though, I was glad we had a break! On our way out we noticed that Buzz and Woody weren’t the only ones of Andy’s toys that were out and about today!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #56
katt789
DIS Veteran

Your Smile is Our Style

With three rides under our belts so far that morning, and knowing we had some fast passes secured for ToT for later, we made our way in the other direction. I had seen pictures on Tumblr of a bunch of Once Upon A Time costumes and I had been pretty sure they were in the Backlot Tour’s exit, and I definitely wanted to see if they were still there, so that was our next big stop. Along the way however, we (of course) got distracted by some friends from Monstropolis, the huge bonus, there was no line! I feel like no one really knows they’re back there!

Boo’s door!

Absolutely love the signs all over the place in here, I would not mind waiting in this line if it meant I had the time to read all of them!

Monster’s Inc’s rules! Make sure to not to break any of them!

Your smile is our style! We gave our biggest smiles to contribute!

Soon enough, it was our turn to say hello to the friendly, not so scary monsters! Sully hugs are the best!!

Mike was super adorable and gave us both big kisses, Paige and I had been talking in line about how short his “friend” must be, that’s a really tiny monster! We also said that it was kinda awkward for a person our size to hug him, I mean, your chest is like, right there in his eye, bahaha!

In total the meet and greet took under ten minutes, maybe even closer to five, so Paige and I continued into the exit of the Backlot Tour, we had walked past the entrance earlier of course, but we had decided it didn’t really seem interesting enough, at least not to do right now. We did however spend a lot of time looking through the exhibits at the exit:

There were props from Titanic, I want to say the Shining, and many more! It’s a pretty cool place to check out!

And of course there is even more coming up, stay tuned!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #57
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #58
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

One of these days you will make it onto RnRC and then you will say, "That was it?" I agree with the lady that you were talking to that it's actually the easiest of the WDW coasters. Yeah, the launch is fast and it goes upside down but both of those things are so quick you barely notice them.

TSM is so much fun but quite the workout for your arm! I rode it three times in one day and by the end of the third time, my are was killing me.

Cute pictures with Mike and Sulley. I agree that it must be a bit awkward hugging Mike! I really need to watch that movie again before going to see the new one.

I loved that display at the end of the Backlot Tour. I was especially facinated by the marionettes from Sound of Music and the Gone With the Wind stuff. I guess I'm showing my age there.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #59
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Need I remind you that on your first Disney trip you refused to do Expedition Everest because you were too scared?
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #60
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Ah you almost made it on RnRC! Maybe later in the trip? Or another trip? I think the advice you received is right. The takeoff is pretty intense but you'll definitely love the ride.

And I'm so with you on the pre-shows. They're cute and I like the work that went into the storyline but once per trip is fine with me. Then I'd like to bypass.

So jealous you got to meet Sulley. He's one of my favorites and he wasn't out during our HS day. And they don't ever seem to have a long line back there.

Love the pictures of all the props! I never knew about that. We also didn't get around to the Studio Backlot tour either. We'll have to fix that next time!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: