Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Subbing in because this trip sounds like a lot of fun!

First off, your surprise was awesome! The video practically made me tear up (though Disney tends to make me a little sappy, lol.)

I've yet to stay at Pop but I've heard awesome things about it! The room looks simple but nice.

I've never heard of Dapper Day but I'm really excited to see your pictures- this looks like a lot of fun!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
pirateprincess1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I'm here! No time to read now, I'll be back later to comment.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #20
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

So excited to read about this trip and how it was so special!

Awww, the 50s section at POP. Such good memories!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm all caught up now!

The video of Paige's surprise made me tear up! Thank goodness no one walked into my office while I was watching that.

Your POP pictures have got me soooo excited for my October trip. Just booked our trip last week and we are going to stay there unless free dining is offered.

I'm excited to see Dapper Days. I saw your pictures on Facebook and was wondering what it was all about.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #22
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles View Post
What an awesome friend you are!!! Lifelong friends are the best!
I know we were in the same parks a couple of times over that week! Can't wait to see your pictures and read the rest of your TR! It will be like being there all over again!
Haha thanks!! I do what I can! Awesome! Are you the one that commented elsewhere saying you saw me in MK in green? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
I'm in, obviously!! I followed all your tweets during this trip (while in a jealous rage at home in NJ!!) so I'm excited to hear all the details
Yay!! Bahaha, make sure to not give away any spoilers! Haha glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreas154 View Post
Nice start to the TR. Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Yay, you have 2 TR's on the go again. That just feels better,
You know, that video was beyond sweet. I loved Paige's reaction. Very touching.
"We're not going to Edmonton... we're going to Disney World". . that line.
Bahah! I know, i got so bored waiting for the photopass cd for this trip that I started a dining report that now I'll probably never finish, ahahah.

Gawd, a trip to Disney is a heck of a lot better than Edmonton! (I feel that being from Edmonton originally, I'm allowed to say that]

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
Hi!

Subbing in because this trip sounds like a lot of fun!

First off, your surprise was awesome! The video practically made me tear up (though Disney tends to make me a little sappy, lol.)

I've yet to stay at Pop but I've heard awesome things about it! The room looks simple but nice.

I've never heard of Dapper Day but I'm really excited to see your pictures- this looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks!! It was a blast! Aww. Disney makes me unbelievable sappy, I cry at practically everything, so does Paige, there were lots of happy tears shed this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in.
HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
So excited to read about this trip and how it was so special!

Awww, the 50s section at POP. Such good memories!
It was awesome! I love Pop, there's something so "homey" about the first resort you stay at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Ok, I'm all caught up now!

The video of Paige's surprise made me tear up! Thank goodness no one walked into my office while I was watching that.

Your POP pictures have got me soooo excited for my October trip. Just booked our trip last week and we are going to stay there unless free dining is offered.

I'm excited to see Dapper Days. I saw your pictures on Facebook and was wondering what it was all about.
Ahaha, the amount of times I'm crying at work reading somethign on the disboards or even reading a Walt biography, ugh, that was a tough one haha.

It's awesome!!! And free dining is usually offered at Pop, or do you mean because you'll save money on food you'll do a nicer hotel? Lol.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #24
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

It's awesome!!! And free dining is usually offered at Pop, or do you mean because you'll save money on food you'll do a nicer hotel? Lol.
Yeah, I know free dining is usually offered at POP but everything I've read is pointing towards free dining only being offered for September this year. I've also read that there will be no free dining for values and only Quick Service offered at Moderates. Without the free dining, POR is about $800 above my budget. If free dining does get offered, I will upgrade at that time to POR.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yeah, I know free dining is usually offered at POP but everything I've read is pointing towards free dining only being offered for September this year. I've also read that there will be no free dining for values and only Quick Service offered at Moderates. Without the free dining, POR is about $800 above my budget. If free dining does get offered, I will upgrade at that time to POR.
Ah, fair enough!! I'm hoping that the FD gets announced and we'll just upgrade to the DDP!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Woohoo!! Another Katt TR!! I'm in!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #27
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Haha thanks!! I do what I can! Awesome! Are you the one that commented elsewhere saying you saw me in MK in green? Lol.
Yes, that was me! (Hope I've got this whole quote thing right...).
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #28
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Woohoo!! Another Katt TR!! I'm in!!
Yay! Glad to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles View Post
Yes, that was me! (Hope I've got this whole quote thing right...).
Awesome!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
Lynn57
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to be following both of your in progress TRs now!
Feb. 2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House
April 2007- Beach Club Villas
Feb. 2011- Bay Lake Towers
Dec. 2011- Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Sept. 2012- Boardwalk Villas (Tower of Terror 10 Mile!)
April 2013- Old Key West
April 2014- Old Key West
Lynn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #30
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Dapper Evening

When I left off, Paige and I had Dapper-ed ourselves up and were on the way to the MAGIC KINGDOM! Paige did ask if it was going to be worth it to actually buy park tickets for tonight, but I explained that there were EMH and it was open super late, and she figured that sounded like a good idea!

After a quick stop to pick up a park ticket for Paige, we were headed to the turnstiles. Now, thanks to all the Magic Band stuff, they’re kinda phasing it in, all the “plastic tickets” (if you get your ticket at the MK now, they’re plastic! Like the KTTWC) you’re directed over to the right, where you scan the card against a Mickey head, the Mickey glows, you scan your finger, and are let in. Well, for us AP holders, it’s a bit of a headache, you either go through with your friend, but have to stop and see another CM after the “turnstile” and scan your AP, and show ID to prove it’s you. This was fine, but various times, CM’s would try to split up Paige and I, when really, we could both go either way, and sometimes at the new “turnstiles” they would be all “uhm, that’s not going to work here” Yeah…I know…I need to see that person behind you…ain’t my first rodeo…

ANYWAY, rant aside, I’m assuming all the new APs will have the holographic Mickey on them to go through the new style “turnstiles”. I also didn’t experience any rude CM’s tonight, they were all super friendly and were even commented on how “Dapper” we looked that evening!

We got into the Magic Kingdom by 6:36 exactly! Making pretty awesome time, and boy were we excited to be HOME!

Yup…there it is…home…the best sight in the world, that’s for sure! One of these days, I’ll be able to stay in the suite…if I just keep dreaming, it’ll happen, right?

When we got up to the hub, we circled over towards Liberty Square to see if the friend of Naveen’s we wanted to see was hanging out, but, there was no such luck tonight! The little pathway beside the castle was still open, so we cut down there and into Fantasyland!

Now, if I had been thinking clearly, as we got to the carousel, right around 7:00pm, I would have remembered that there was a Dapper Day meet up happening, but clearly my mind was on better things, and we blew right by and into….

NEW FANTASYLAND!!!!!!!

When I had gone in November and had the chance to see it all, I knew Paige would absolutely love it, so we had to at least walk through it all tonight, even if we didn’t get on any rides or meet and greets! I did notice however, that Gaston was still out saying hello to people! Let me tell you, that is a long day for him! We took a walk through the whole expansion and I pointed out a bunch of stuff to Paige, and, as expected, she was in love with it, and of course, so was I. It had been a while since we last had eaten, but with dinner coming up, didn’t want to eat anything big, so we figured, where better to go than Gaston’s?!

We both got a LeFou’s Brew, and decided to split a hummus and crackers to munch on for the time being. Paige immediately decided to get a Belle souvenir cup, and after a lot of debating back and forth between it and the Gaston one, I got the Belle cup too!

You can kinda see the hummus and chips in the back there too! Now, I apparently REALLY confused the poor girl who served us, as I asked for the Belle cup, but for the plastic throw away cup to be put inside of it, so that the cup wouldn’t get sticky, and I could just throw it in my bag after, and it apparently made NO sense to her at all, but after a little clarification from another CM, she got it under control. Lawl.

He really does use antlers in all of his decorating!! And Dapper’s really do enjoy a good brew!

Paige’s boyfriend, who is going to Disney with her in August was one of those people who was thrown a curveball when she said she was having “LeFou’s Brew” as she’s under legal age in the stages, he was super confused as to how she got it, and she had to explain that there was no booze in it, it just had a cool name. Definitely something that I’m sure has happened a LOT since the “tavern” opened!

Sad fact: we never got back to that chair to get “Gaston” pictures in it….

Paige and I both loved the “brew” it was like a frozen apple juice drink, but the marshmallow and pineapple [I think?] foam/flavoring really give it a nice super sweet and awesome taste, super yummy!

The chips and hummus were actually really good, your standard hummus, and the crackers were little pretzel chip type things, super yummy! It was a small enough snack that our appetite wasn’t spoiled, but we were satisfied. We decided we would definitely have to come back here again. Sometimes the ordering area does get a little clustered, as people are coming in, going, ordering, and leaving all in the same like, five feet of the door, and it’s kinda a gong show during the busier times, but tonight was fine. Service was always super quick, and we usually found there were places to sit, most people were just looking around or grabbing the brew!

Score: 4/5 We would definitely return for what we ordered, and I’m happy they have the cinnamon buns here, but I do wish they had something protein wise aside from the shank, but that’s just me haha! Also the messy getting in and out situation is a little much sometimes, but it’s still awesome!

Hummus and Chips: $4.39
Brew in a souvenir cup/stein: $9.99 (or $4.49 without the goblet!)

Definitely worth it! I use that cup pretty much every day as a water cup at home, a nice souvenir to bring home as it has practical uses, am I right?! We took a quick bathroom break, and since I had heard so much about the FLE bathrooms, I decided we needed to go over there! I can’t really remember details, but I know they certainly were themed well, and I was impressed, way to go Disney!

Paige and I wandered through the park a little bit, but didn’t really have the time to ride anything, as most rides were posted at 30 minutes, but it was super nice to just be in Magic Kingdom for a bit and be among so many fellow Dapper Day attendees! With our snack behind us, it was time to head over to the Grand Floridian, we had dinner to get to, and I wanted to get a ride in on my beloved monorail!!

Can hear Wishes on the way to the Grand Floridian! #magickingdom #monorail

Monorail car FULL of DAPPERS! #dapperday

It was quite awesome, literally the whole car full was people who were dressed up for Dapper Day! Yay! They were having another meet up over at the Poly, but we were getting off before that! It was dinner time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: