Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

LTT Review

Throughly enjoyed the review of LTT dinner on this week's podcast. What does that say about me that I enjoyed four people being tortured by bad food?

Thought it was interesting that the Disney Food Blog had a review of LTT lunch today.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I don't understand how they get away with it. Yes, maybe people are a little desperate, but if I was served what was in those pictures...especially the disgusting gravy, and then it's all cold too? I would be complaining big time, like "I would like to talk to a manager" complaining.

That being said.........the review was hilarious.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
minie_meese
DIS Veteran

The review described our experience perfectly. They could not pay us to go back there for dinner. We did get some cute pictures with Minnie however but not worth the ridiculous cost for food that was no better than you'd get out of a can. I've had much better out of a can.

Our next trips - Grand Floridian for Food and Wine Festival 10/8-14/14, and Norway and Iceland on the Wonder 6/29-7/10/15
minie_meese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
RichmondTiggerFan
Favorites: Splash Mountain, FOTLK, Tigger!, Chip & Dale!, and Timon!!

Location: Native Kentuckian in the Capital of the Old Dominion

There were only two reasons I went to LTT for dinner: Chip and Dale. Since they left, I haven't been back there. Garden Grill at Epcot is so much better.
6/88 Offsite - 10/93 Dixie Landings(Now Port Orleans Riverside) - 6/97 Port Orleans(before they tacked on 'French Quarter') - 5/99 AS Sports - 5/01 POFQ - 2/03 AS Sports - 6/03 AS Music - 5/04 AS Sports - 9/04 AS Sports - 5/05 AS Sports - 9/06 AS Sports - 10/07 POFQ - 03/08 POFQ - 08/08 POR - 11/08 POR - 02/09 POR - 05/09-06/09 Wilderness Lodge - 10/09 POFQ - 3/10 AKL - 5/10 AKL - 7/10 POR - 10/10 AKL - 3/11 AKL - 10/11 POP - Next Trip ????

My Splash Mountain tally: 302 times
RichmondTiggerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
dalt01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondTiggerFan View Post
Garden Grill at Epcot is so much better.
seriously??????........the presentation looked like assorted dog food, we tasted but ate NOTHING. well some bread....cant believe anyone would like it there.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

At the end of the lunch review, they mentioned the mug and said you could take it home with you! When the podcast team asked this question, they were told it would cost them $17! Makes you wonder if the other guy walked off with a mug he assumed he was supposed to get, or if a waiter was looking to make extra money.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Throughly enjoyed the review of LTT dinner on this week's podcast. What does that say about me that I enjoyed four people being tortured by bad food?
Jeff - I was thinking the exact SAME thing! Poor guys, but oh my goodness THAT WAS FUNNY!!!
I was at work watching the video and couldn't stop laughing. Finally the guy who sits next to me had to ask what I was watching. It just doesn't sound as funny when you say, "I'm laughing at a Disney restaurant review." But how do you not laugh when the comments are, "Who wants more bad?" and "it was slightly warmer than the ambient temperature in the room" Hilarious!

On a side note, did you read the LTT Review on the food blog? Clearly that review was lunch which isn't the awful family-style meal they serve at dinner. It also said, "You also get one of the awesome Liberty Tree Tavern mugs to take home with you!" Hmmm, makes me wonder if the Team's server didn't know what he was doing or if he deliberately told them no even though he knew they were entitled to it.

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!

Last edited by Disneybridein2k3; 03-22-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
ssawka
DIS Veteran

We have eaten there several times, and although it was never great, fortunately it was never as bad an experience as the podcast crew had. We used to make ADRs there because it used to be the nicest TS in MK (I know, that is not saying much!) before BOG opened. ITA that you are better off going to one of the resorts, but unfortunately that is time consuming, especially if you are at the MK for a hard ticketed event (MNSSHP or MVMCP). I just don't get why Disney has decent places to eat in the other parks, but before BOG there was no place decent to eat in the MK.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

Thanks to this review, I am cancelling my reservation for lunch there next month. Thank you once again.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
Thanks to this review, I am cancelling my reservation for lunch there next month. Thank you once again.
I'd keep the lunch reservation as it is a completely different menu. This was the dinner menu they were disusing the show.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I'd keep the lunch reservation as it is a completely different menu. This was the dinner menu they were disusing the show.
Right across the walkway from LTT...at Sleepy Hollow....during the day, they serve great sandwiches made on waffles.

No ADR, short wait, lower pricing, great food, better value.

in my opinion, it's a no brainer.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
gottagetback
Wish I was there right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Disney should be excellent no matter what the crowds, weather, time of day, etc. For the prices, there is no excuse for anything less. Having said that, we have eaten at LTT twice and really enjoyed it. My husband and I are foodies and we liked the dinner at LTT so we went back last year for lunch and enjoyed that as well. I hate to hear that the quality has decreased so much.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #13
Tangled1974
Earning My Ears

After listening this week to the guys' review of LTT, I came home and decided to cancel our June dinner reservation. We haven't been there in years, since Chip and Dale were there. We were looking forward to it, but the disgust in Kevin's voice was enough for me to cancel pronto! I don't need another overpriced bland meal during my stay, Akershus last year was enough! Too bad BOG is booked solid. We usually make our ADR's at 180 days, but this trip was a bit of a surprise. Tony's is out of the question, so Columbia Harbor House it is!!
Tangled1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #14
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We ate at Liberty Tree for Thanksgiving Dinner a few years ago. It was a good meal. Not awesomely delicious, but a good meal. All the meats look freshly roasted, carved from an actual animal, not compressed. There was also a tasty apple pie.

However, in protest of the dismal meal the podcast team endured, I ate the Holiday Sandwich at Earl of Sandwich on Wednesday. It was delicious.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybridein2k3 View Post
But how do you not laugh when the comments are, "Who wants more bad?" and "it was slightly warmer than the ambient temperature in the room" Hilarious!
Those lines had me Especially the way Kevin delivered them! SO funny!
Mndisneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: