Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Glitch in QSDP :-(

Well I had our family booked for the quick service dining plan. We are 2 adults, a 12 year old (so counts as an adult for dining) and our 8 year old daughter......Now I am trying to figure out a way to take our daughter off and apparently it can't be done since it is a package. Anyone know the child QSD cost per day??? Trying to figure out if we need to cancel the dining plan or keep it as it is with the 4 of us. Here is the reason.....her doctor has put her on a weight loss program and is providing 18 weeks of meals. The menu CANNOT be strayed from. The food they provide is the only food she can have for 18 weeks. This is why I hate to pay for her on the dining plan when she cannot eat the food. DH and DS could probably eat her food (son is nearly 13 and ravenous!).......Trying to figure if it is cost effective to keep it or pay OOP.......

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

You can not book the dining plan for your family and not include one, you either all have it or nobody has it, this is why Disney is saying it can't be done because it can't!
You will have to figure out if losing the plan all together is worth it for you to not pay for your daughter?

Could your daughter not just start the plan after Disney? I only ask this as its going to be really awful for an 8 year old at Disney when she can't experience everything her brother is

I understand fully about why your having to put her on the plan but maybe the timing could be adjusted? I couldn't put my 8 yr old through Disney on such a strict plan.
I want to add that I have kidney stones so I'm also on a pretty strict diet so I really do understand its just as a child it was really hard at Disney to be on such a strict plan I also was on the celiac diet too.

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

I would re-do my entire reservation and make it for 3...and then purchase park tickets for your daughter separately.

Bring a medical note to show in the restaurants in case they give you a hard time.
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran

If her diet cannot wait, I would just have others in your party use her credits for breakfast. A child's QSDP is pretty cheap. It is less than $15 per day. I would just keep it as is. She will be able to use the mug that comes with the plan and perhaps you can find some things she can eat with her credits. Surely the doctor would allow her grapes or apples??? How do you plan to take and make her food while at the parks?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Have thought about that actually. She is actually anxious to get started. I certainly gave a lot of thought to her brother being able to eat all that Disney food and she may end up changing her mind and starting later......She already has early markers for diabetes so that is why I am ready to get started as soon as possible. Also trying to keep precocious puberty that may be on the horizon at bay.....tough choices all around!

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Smitch, is it really less than $15 per day???? WOW! May just keep it then and let the boys scarf it down if we do decide to take her program meals with us......is there a link you can give me about that. My brain isn't technically geared to sit down and figure it out.....also, about booking 3 of us then buying her park tickets seperately.....had thought about that but didn't know whether or not we could do the waterpark & more that way since I have that booked as well.......

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10

Last edited by Dixiemom; 03-20-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
Smitch, is it really less than $15 per day???? WOW! May just keep it then and let the boys scarf it down if we do decide to take her program meals with us......is there a link you can give me about that. My brain isn't technicall geared to sit down and figure it out.....also, about booking 3 of us then buying her park tickets seperately.....had thought about that but didn't know whether or not we could do the waterpark & more that way since I have that booked as well.......
$14.32 per night.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining...htm#prices2013
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

You rock smitch! Thanks!!!

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
smitch425