Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Craaazy booking question! WWYD?

Ok. We are on the Magic in a month and we always book another cruise onboard we are gold members. (Some of you might remember my previous post on taking my parents with us this time as a retiring gift) So I find a great cruise date, amazing price and adjoining rooms in the category (7A) we like... I put it on a 3 day hold today. If I actually "book" this online, once we are onboard they can do nothing right, because it's not booking onboard? Can't transfer it to include the 10% and OBC. Do I keep calling Disney every couple of days and extend the hold for 3 weeks? That sounds crazy to even type. UGH. I know if I just wait until we board what I have on hold might very well be different or not available. So tell me what would you do? And am I being crazy?
chrisrunty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Also could the onboard Disney agent bring up a reservation "hold" in their system then confirm it with a deposit to make it a true booking?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

depends on when the booking is for. I always book ahead and then rebook on board. I just take with me the dcl confirmation that I can print out and the agent then transfers it to make it an obb. then I get the 10% discount and the obc. no issues.
now some on here have said you have to then cancel the original and you will not get the rooms you booked however this has never been what has happened with us. we have never had to cancel and always keep the same rooms, they just press their magic button and presto, its now an obb.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
depends on when the booking is for. I always book ahead and then rebook on board. I just take with me the dcl confirmation that I can print out and the agent then transfers it to make it an obb. then I get the 10% discount and the obc. no issues.
now some on here have said you have to then cancel the original and you will not get the rooms you booked however this has never been what has happened with us. we have never had to cancel and always keep the same rooms, they just press their magic button and presto, its now an obb.
That is fantastic! After 7 Disney cruises I had no idea I could do that!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

The booking would be for a November 2013 cruise. So if I go ahead and put a deposit down now, I just bring the reservation # with me and they can transfer it while onboard to include the 10% and OBC? Just want to be sure I completely understand you. I really didn't want to call Disney every couple days just to keep that reservation on hold.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrunty View Post
Also could the onboard Disney agent bring up a reservation "hold" in their system then confirm it with a deposit to make it a true booking?
if you are putting down a deposit then you can do a re-booking on the ship. Unless the PIF date is before the cruise.

If this a special and have to be PIF, then you cannot re-book when on board.
If this is the case you need to look at the regular price minus the 10% and then account for the OBC.

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
The booking would be for a November 2013 cruise. So if I go ahead and put a deposit down now, I just bring the reservation # with me and they can transfer it while onboard to include the 10% and OBC? Just want to be sure I completely understand you. I really didn't want to call Disney every couple days just to keep that reservation on hold.
you are correct

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we are on a november cruise to. which one?
i have three rooms booked right now for october 2014 which i plan to rebook while on board. also i will name dreams as my agent and get a obc from them as well. thats something else you may want to think about. every penny counts.
and i think your question has now been answered by a p.p. so i will not repeat what they have said.
have a great cruise, maybe we will see you there.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Thank you both so much! It's not a special rate but watching a few ones in Nov/Dec it is one that the price went down.

Question about TA Dreams. I find I am a control freak about cruising and vacations in general. I like to do it myself but I also think getting an additional OBC would be nice since we are also buying my parents cruise. Could you tell me how much the additional Dreams OBC would be for a 7 night sailing?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we are on a november cruise to. which one?
i have three rooms booked right now for october 2014 which i plan to rebook while on board. also i will name dreams as my agent and get a obc from them as well. thats something else you may want to think about. every penny counts.
and i think your question has now been answered by a p.p. so i will not repeat what they have said.
have a great cruise, maybe we will see you there.
I have 2 booked in Nov trying to confirm with everyone else which one is the better day... 11/2 and 11/16. I still keeping looking at December since that is easier for us but the $ so far are higher... But I have to make a decision before our cruise next month.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

it all depends on the cost of your cruise. check this out...http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...source=wdwinfo

you really do not give up much control. you do your own bookings for excursions and such. the advantage, i find, is if you want something special such as a table for just you and your parents, you let them know and they take care of the request for you. doesn't mean you'll get it but you don't have to do the leg work.
as i say, you still control the important stuff. imo.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it all depends on the cost of your cruise. check this out...http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...source=wdwinfo

you really do not give up much control. you do your own bookings for excursions and such. the advantage, i find, is if you want something special such as a table for just you and your parents, you let them know and they take care of the request for you. doesn't mean you'll get it but you don't have to do the leg work.
as i say, you still control the important stuff. imo.
i should also add, we have three cabins booked and the agent combined the cost of all three together so that we would get a larger obc which is an extra $50. i'll take it.
she is then dividing the amount between the three cabins as i requested. you could probably request all go to your cabin if you like or split like i did.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

I'm on the November 30th sailing of the Fantasy! If you can get a good deal, join us!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: