Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
monana
when you wish upon a star..

2 Adults; 4 kids Which resort would you stay at?

I need to find a place that will hold 2 adults; a 14yo, 8yo, 6yo, and 2yo.

Which resort; on property or off property would you recommend?? Any tips would be so apperciated.
monana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
susanm
DISNEY MANIAC ºoº

i guess it would go by your itinerary. i like lots of time in the parks and would probably go to an all star resort or pop century and get 2 adjoining rooms... price it out and would probably come out cheaper than staying off property. most disney resorts (not counting suites) only want 4 in a room... with the discounts available, and if you get a package (room & tix) and happen to hit a time with free dining it would work out cheapest. also, you have the extra hours and if you are flying in, magical express too. good luck planning

COMING UP - 17 DAYS OCTOBER 2014 - FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL & MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY

Comfort inn 8/94 Caribbean Beach 8/95 Coronado Springs 6/98 Port Orleans - 07/02
All Star Music Resort - 4/96 10/96 12/97 10/98 4/99 2/00 2/03 4/04 7/12
All Star Sports 12/96 9/00 11/06
All Star Movies 10/99 07/02
Downtown Disney Travelodge 4/97
Pop Century 06/02 08/11 10/14
susanm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by monana View Post
I need to find a place that will hold 2 adults; a 14yo, 8yo, 6yo, and 2yo.

Which resort; on property or off property would you recommend?? Any tips would be so apperciated.
As long as the two year old is only two when you arrive, you would be considered a family of five plus one under the age of three. So you would fit in most deluxe resorts (AKL and WL standard rooms sleep four plus one), POR (with the murphy bed in Alligator Bayou).

You could also do the family suites at AoA and All Stars (they sleep six) or the Fort Wilderness Cabins (they sleep six).

Then there are the Disney Vacation Club villas (some one bedroom villas sleep five plus one and the two bedroom villas would sleep eight or nine depending on the location).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

The doubletree at DTD. You will have extra space at a reasonable cost. The busses are very good and you can walk to DTD and some nearby shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
boonda
Earning My Ears

We just got back from staying at Art of Animation. We had an 11, 9, 8 and 3, so 2 adults 4 kids. We had plenty of room in our Cars suite. My boys 11 and 9 said the sleeper sofa was very comfortable, they shared.
boonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Dani784
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
As long as the two year old is only two when you arrive, you would be considered a family of five plus one under the age of three. So you would fit in most deluxe resorts (AKL and WL standard rooms sleep four plus one), POR (with the murphy bed in Alligator Bayou).

You could also do the family suites at AoA and All Stars (they sleep six) or the Fort Wilderness Cabins (they sleep six).

Then there are the Disney Vacation Club villas (some one bedroom villas sleep five plus one and the two bedroom villas would sleep eight or nine depending on the location).
Not any more. We just booked our family suite at AoA for myself, DH, DS7, DD6, DD3, and DS18mos. M father is also traveling with us. We tried to get all of us in the same room to save money but we were told that even though yds will only be two when we go, he still counts towards the room capacity whether he uses a packnplay or not. So we had to pay for my dad to have his own room at Pop. I'm not sure when the rules changed on this but we were not happy as we had no problem sharing the room with my dad.

But for OP's family the family suites should be just fine. Just keep in mind that the two year old does count toward room capacity so the five plus one under three no longer applies either. ( we tried to do a cheaper room for us when we found out my dad couldn't stay with us. Still a no go.)

Anything is possible if you keep dreaming. Just keep moving forward.

Dani784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani784 View Post
Not any more. We just booked our family suite at AoA for myself, DH, DS7, DD6, DD3, and DS18mos. M father is also traveling with us. We tried to get all of us in the same room to save money but we were told that even though yds will only be two when we go, he still counts towards the room capacity whether he uses a packnplay or not. So we had to pay for my dad to have his own room at Pop. I'm not sure when the rules changed on this but we were not happy as we had no problem sharing the room with my dad.

But for OP's family the family suites should be just fine. Just keep in mind that the two year old does count toward room capacity so the five plus one under three no longer applies either. ( we tried to do a cheaper room for us when we found out my dad couldn't stay with us. Still a no go.)
No, that is incorrect. One child under the age of three does not count towards occupancy. But in your case, you would pay the extra adult fee if your father stayed with you.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Dani784
Mouseketeer

Quote:

No, that is incorrect. One child under the age of three does not count towards occupancy. But in your case, you would pay the extra adult fee if your father stayed with you.
We just booked it last weekend after talking with three different CMs all telling us that the seven of us could not stay in a family suite because they counted my yds. We would have been fine paying the extra adult fee for the ease of us all staying in the same room but they wouldn't allow it. They also wouldn't allow two LM rooms with five of us in one and two in the other because they still are counting my yds towards room capacity. We tried it all ways, trust me.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
3babyws
Mouseketeer

I currently have a reservation booked for POR with 4 kids and 2 adults, one being under 3 so I do think this is allowed. This is our second time staying this way. POR is the cheapest option for this size group if you have an under 3.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
I just went over to the Disney website and choose AoA. It says it sleeps up to 6 in the description.

When I input with the extra adult, it says it exceeds the room occupancy.

When I take out the extra adult, all the suites open up.

So she is right; once you add that extra adult, it says you are exceeding the room occupancy. Very strange.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3babyws View Post
I currently have a reservation booked for POR with 4 kids and 2 adults, one being under 3 so I do think this is allowed. This is our second time staying this way. POR is the cheapest option for this size group if you have an under 3.
Go back and read her post again; she is adding a third adult.

You cannot do that at POR, because it makes them a group of 6, so POR is out unless they go with two rooms.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Dani784
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So maybe I should call and pitch a royal hissy fit that they wouldn't let me book it my way to save money? I either want me and DH in a bed, dad and ODS in a bed, girls in a bed, and YDS in a packnplay OR I want two LM rooms with dad and ODS in one and the rest of us in another with YDS in a packnplay. I've been told three times I can't have this by CMs. Maybe value resorts have different rules??

Old 06-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
3babyws
Mouseketeer

I was speaking to the original poster that said 2 adults and 4 kids, one under 3. So I think my comment is correct for the OP.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
Dani784
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was speaking to the original poster that said 2 adults and 4 kids, one under 3. So I think my comment is correct for the OP.
Maybe but that shouldn't matter? Does Disney get to decide whether its appropriate for an adult and a child to share a bed or something? It doesn't make any sense to me why they all of a sudden count an under three towards occupancy just because I've added a third adult. Nor does it make any sense why I would then be told that I couldn't get a standard room for my husband and I, our daughters and our toddler. It's only two adults there and I'm still being told no, my toddler counts and the room only sleeps four.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
3babyws
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani784 View Post

Maybe but that shouldn't matter? Does Disney get to decide whether its appropriate for an adult and a child to share a bed or something? It doesn't make any sense to me why they all of a sudden count an under three towards occupancy just because I've added a third adult. Nor does it make any sense why I would then be told that I couldn't get a standard room for my husband and I, our daughters and our toddler. It's only two adults there and I'm still being told no, my toddler counts and the room only sleeps four.
I was just able to do a reservation online with either of the scenarios you stated. 2 regular value rooms, with 5 and 2 or a suite with 7, one under 3 on the website. I would say yes you should call because Disney does allow an under 3 to not count. We have stayed at both pop and POR with and extra person under 3. I did include the extra adult and it took me all the way to the payment screen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: