Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer

Finding if rooms still available...

I booked my cruise through Disney. I have seen on a few threads people can go somewhere and see what rooms are still available on the ship. I was thinking of upgrading. Where would I go to see what has been sold out and what is still available? I am sailing the Magic on May 10th.
misslizzy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

The only way I know is to go to the webite and fill in the information like you are going to book a room. Once you select the category, you can go to the section to select the specific room to see what rooms are still available.

If there is another way, I am not aware of it.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

1153rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslizzy1973 View Post
I booked my cruise through Disney. I have seen on a few threads people can go somewhere and see what rooms are still available on the ship. I was thinking of upgrading. Where would I go to see what has been sold out and what is still available? I am sailing the Magic on May 10th.
you can actually try to book another cruise and select the categoty you want. You will SOME room numbers that available in that category. You can actually put in a specific room number to see if it is available. You can exit out before you book.

You could also call Customer Service if you wish.

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

MAGIC - 6, WONDER - 5, DREAM - 7, FANTASY - 3

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

I just looked and there are guaranteed rates for each category of room, so there are probably a fair number of rooms still available.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014

Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I don't really understand the way the system works. The day before our cruise I checked and saw that there were 12 different types of rooms available for booking. When we got to the port and I asked about a room upgrade I was told the cruise was sold out and nothing was available. I was scratching my head over that one.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
I don't really understand the way the system works. The day before our cruise I checked and saw that there were 12 different types of rooms available for booking. When we got to the port and I asked about a room upgrade I was told the cruise was sold out and nothing was available. I was scratching my head over that one.
You should not have been able to check on the website the day before you sailed, as they pull everything three days before embarkation. You can call and find out that way. I suspect all those rooms were sold or given to people internally through DCL for whatever reason (volunteer chaplain, management booking, etc.).
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I think you are talking about www.cruisefish.net . You can look up and see how full a ship is and whether or not prices have gone up or down.

Just go to the site, click on Finder, click on Disney Cruise Line, then your ship, then the itinerary. It will list all the sail dates with a percentage showing cabin availability. If you click on the sale date, it will also tell you if prices have gone up or down (Red up, Green down).

Using this site, I can see my 8/16/14 Western still has 90% availability and the price has increased.

I'm not sure if it gives availability by room category, but the more overall availability there is (like 90%), the more likely that all categories are likely still available. You can also search on DCL for each category separately as suggested by others above.

Edited to add: I just looked and if you click on individual cruise dates, it will tell you which categories are still available and which are sold out.

Last edited by JKSWonder; 03-20-2013 at 02:15 PM.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
You should not have been able to check on the website the day before you sailed, as they pull everything three days before embarkation. You can call and find out that way. I suspect all those rooms were sold or given to people internally through DCL for whatever reason (volunteer chaplain, management booking, etc.).
Hmm, Maybe it wasn't the day before I sailed. I guess I'm remembering it wrong. Well, whenever it checked shortly before the cruise it looked like there were lots of rooms available. Not that we cared, we loved our tiny inside room. I was just confused by how it worked.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
Hmm, Maybe it wasn't the day before I sailed. I guess I'm remembering it wrong. Well, whenever it checked shortly before the cruise it looked like there were lots of rooms available. Not that we cared, we loved our tiny inside room. I was just confused by how it worked.
It is incredibly confusing! Most of the WBPC meet thread has *GT bookings and we keep checking every day to see how inventory is changing. Some days, there's all categories, then there's only concierge, then ALL concierge are gone overnight (at $14K+ each!), then they're back and only insides are available... it's maddening!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer

Unless I am totally looking at it wrong, even though it says the pricing went up it still looks cheaper than what I paid through Disney. Should I call them? Will they do anything?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #11
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unless I am totally looking at it wrong, even though it says the pricing went up it still looks cheaper than what I paid through Disney. Should I call them? Will they do anything?
It never hurts to ask. If you don't like the first answer, call back later. You might get the same answer, or you might get a different one.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are considering upgrading, I would pull up your reservation on DCL's site and go through the motions of modifying it. You can always back out without saving if you change your mind. This way, you will see not only what categories/rooms are still available, but how much it would cost you to upgrade. The prices are locked for your cruise date the day you book. If it's past your PIF and current pricing is lower, you would have to cancel (and incur the applicable penalties) to take advantage of the lower price.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #13
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
If you are considering upgrading, I would pull up your reservation on DCL's site and go through the motions of modifying it. You can always back out without saving if you change your mind. This way, you will see not only what categories/rooms are still available, but how much it would cost you to upgrade. The prices are locked for your cruise date the day you book. If it's past your PIF and current pricing is lower, you would have to cancel (and incur the applicable penalties) to take advantage of the lower price.
That was very helpful, thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I think you are talking about www.cruisefish.net . You can look up and see how full a ship is and whether or not prices have gone up or down.

Just go to the site, click on Finder, click on Disney Cruise Line, then your ship, then the itinerary. It will list all the sail dates with a percentage showing cabin availability. If you click on the sale date, it will also tell you if prices have gone up or down (Red up, Green down).

out.

Thanks. That is a great site. My ship is only 41% full surprised there has not been some discounts
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Thanks. That is a great site. My ship is only 41% full surprised there has not been some discounts
I thought the percentage they show you is how much is left to book, not how much is already booked? So your cruise would be 59% full, with 41% available?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: