Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #46
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Oh Leanne thats me! I'm very vague and forgetful and can't multi-task and if I think of something or think I suddenly need to rummage in my bag for something I think I've lost but havent I'll come to a swift stop (like the marching elephants in The Jungle Book).

Have to agree as regards the lack of personal space! DH isnt allowed sleep too close to me (I build barriers!) as I love my personal space and when people encroach on mine I get nervous. If you are breathing on me we should at least be on 1st name basis!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #47
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

I think sometimes people stop because they want to make a point of not being pushed together etc. I do it I'm afraid. I'm also not on the side of people who join the queue towards the beginning of the ride when I've queued for an hour with my own children - if they want a wee, we leave and go to the back. If they want to ride, then we all queue together. Sorry if this sounds harsh to anyone.

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #48
cukal6
Mouseketeer

We have noticed this to be a huge problem at DLP. I am a veteran of WDW and when we moved over here to Europe, the first thing we did was buy annual passes to DLP. We have been several times and always run into this problem. We've noticed that it's mostly the kids running ahead and getting in line, then the adults pushing to get up with them. We have started saying something but I'm not sure it does any good.
May 1988 Off Site, May 2001 Off Site,August 2005 OKW,December 2006 Pop Century/OKW,December 2008 AKL,New Years 2008 ASSports,April 2009 BC,April 2010 YC,September 2011 BW,April 2012 Disneyland Paris,October 2012 Sequoia Lodge DLP, February 2013 Princess 1/2 Riverside

My Facebook Page
cukal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #49
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_C View Post
I think sometimes people stop because they want to make a point of not being pushed together etc. I do it I'm afraid. I'm also not on the side of people who join the queue towards the beginning of the ride when I've queued for an hour with my own children - if they want a wee, we leave and go to the back. If they want to ride, then we all queue together. Sorry if this sounds harsh to anyone.
So there's a huge crowd of people so you stop and get walked in to by the person behind you because you wanted your space. I can understand just stopping and leaving space in front of you in line I do that. First time I went to DLP with DH the woman behind us in PM put her map on DH back and was showing her friend where they were and where they were going next. DH was not impressed.

We don't do rides any more DD isn't bothered. So just DH waiting in line isn't goin to make any difference to any one behind us. Only DD will have a picture with the character. Why does it matter if all of us wait or just 1. We don't do it often we want to teach DD to be good and wait in line and normally she is. But there are some times where she isn't interested in waiting or needs a drink/food. I do try to be compared but I'm not super mum sometimes I do run out.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #50
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

On one trip we used the fast passes for BTM.

There's a little part where you walk over a bridge.
A group of girls (6 or 7 of them) were looking some views from that bridge and didn't move along with the line at all anymore.

We waiting for a bit to see if they were going to move or not, and they just kept staring at the views.

So we walk pass them.
So did everyone else behind us.
About 20 people finally gets passed them, and they decide to move back up front.

They wanted to come back in front of us, and honestly, I didn't really knew what to do.
I'm more like: if you're in the line then you should at least pay some attention to what you are doing, and not let 20-30 people at some point passing you by.
They ended up being behind us.

My boyfriend and sister were with me, 2 people who are very anti-social when it comes to large crowds around them, lol, and both had no intention of letting them back in front of us, both were like: they should have payed attention.

I felt kind of bad about it untill we left the ride.

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #51
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

So there's a huge crowd of people so you stop and get walked in to by the person behind you because you wanted your space. I can understand just stopping and leaving space in front of you in line I do that.
I don't do it on purpose for the person behind to walk into me........but if they are pushing me to walk forward when there is no space, I will not be pushed. So I stop moving. And so will my family as we refuse to be squashed where there is no point in moving forward to sniff the armpit of the person in front thanks! I'm well versed in standing in a way the child behind will not push through either to allow their Mum to "get their child" and cut the queues too. Its just rudeness to stand so close to someone they feel uncomfortable in a line and move forward, no one gets to ride any quicker as there is still the same amount of people waiting to ride :-)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: