Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #31
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

I actually noticed less smoking in me last 3 trips or so.

But then again, I really don't care if you smoke or not.
I grew up with 2 smoking parents (don't do it myself, neather do my siblings).

If I'm standing next to someone who is smoking, and I can't deal at that certain moment, I'll just walk away, or sit someplace else.

You're outside, nothing much you can do about it really.
I always wonder what people do who really can't stand it, in a big city where there are loads of cars, which personally I think smells a lot worse.
(but then again, I might be used to the smell while growing up)

Though, I do agree on NOT smoking in lines as it's just too crowded, there are signs everywhere in some lines that you can get a fine, I wonder how many have actually been fined?

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #32
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhunhe View Post
I actually noticed less smoking in me last 3 trips or so.

But then again, I really don't care if you smoke or not.
I grew up with 2 smoking parents (don't do it myself, neather do my siblings).

If I'm standing next to someone who is smoking, and I can't deal at that certain moment, I'll just walk away, or sit someplace else.

You're outside, nothing much you can do about it really.
I always wonder what people do who really can't stand it, in a big city where there are loads of cars, which personally I think smells a lot worse.
(but then again, I might be used to the smell while growing up)

Though, I do agree on NOT smoking in lines as it's just too crowded, there are signs everywhere in some lines that you can get a fine, I wonder how many have actually been fined?
I pretty much agree with you, I think I'm more bothered by pollution in Paris and the burbs than a bit of smoke in the park.

No one will have been fined in Dlp as the only people who can issue a fine is the police - those signs are standard

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #33
tweak89
Mouseketeer

Just returned from a week at the parks. We didn't encounter a lot of shoving/cutting, but it was by design. We hit rides early or late or with fastpass to avoid crowds.

That being said, what we encountered on Space Mountain was ridiculous. On our first day there we used fastpass (we arrived at the Cheyenne around 10am and our rooms were not ready so we headed straight to the park).

For those of you that know the ride queue, it happened during the last two turns (sharp turns that form almost a Z) just before the line splits left/right for loading the cars. Right at the first sharp corner everyone started shoving. We were shocked at the force of the crowd right at that point. If I were a parent with smaller kids in that line, it would not have been pretty. A small kid could get hurt there.

I have never, ever, ever, encountered ANYTHING like that at ANY amusement park (and I have visited many). We had two American women in front of us and they were as shocked as we were.

Fortunately that was the worst of it. When we did have to wait in longer lines, the wife and I took up as much room across any given queue we could. Arms always holding a railing if it was available and always keeping an eye out for "corner jumpers".

I'll have a few more comments on this in my full trip report later, but just wanted to post my quick impressions on this specific topic here.
tweak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #34
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

No cuts no buts no coconuts!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #35
ukool
Mouseketeer

The first and sceond trip we took we had a lot of this, but last year when we were thier we didnt have any of it, the only que 'issue' we had was in Space mountain, their was a group of over excited teenages chanting and shouting - very anoying but luckley the ride was walk on ( we were just behind them)
Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

Seen lots but remember the incidents from our day trip..... Family with woman and video camera in parade, and the 6' + lads who thought they cud come n stand in front of us... Remember Lisa???!

I tend to have pointy elbows and quite happy to tell ppl not to shove lol. Haha

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights

Last edited by DLPdaft; 04-08-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: to comply with DISboards rules
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #37
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampbunny
Seen lots but remember the incidents from our day trip..... Family with woman and video camera in parade, and the 6' + lads who thought they cud come n stand in front of us... Remember Lisa???!

I tend to have pointy elbows and quite happy to tell ppl not to shove lol. Haha
That woman so got photobombed!!! Don't forget the bloke who stood between us and used our shoulders to REST his elbows while holding his camera.....and said woman with video camera almost getting a slap from me for pushing her posterior against Johnny!! We were waiting ages for the parade and in they pushed grrrr!
And those guys before Dreams. Top tip is, take Nikki with you. She takes on blokes twice her height if they stand in front of her!!!! :-)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #38
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_C View Post

That woman so got photobombed!!! Don't forget the bloke who stood between us and used our shoulders to REST his elbows while holding his camera.....and said woman with video camera almost getting a slap from me for pushing her posterior against Johnny!! We were waiting ages for the parade and in they pushed grrrr!
And those guys before Dreams. Top tip is, take Nikki with you. She takes on blokes twice her height if they stand in front of her!!!! :-)
Pmsl I was just so tired and no sleep make nikki go mad lol oh yes, being the camera stand for that bloke haha so funny when that arm appeared inbetween us!!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #39
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_C View Post
Really?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #40
Lisa_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySharp2

Really?
Oh yes. Believe me, it was a day full of events!

loving me a Pirate
Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #41
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

i haven't noticed any more queue cutting at DLP than at WDW but the thing i really hate at DLP is the people who stand so close behind you they are actually touching you. We had one in the line for Crush on Sunday who always tried to move forwards before us so she was trying to walk through us. I find that lack of personal space thing so rude and it actually make me panicky.

As for mums and small children trying to catch up with dads in the line, please remember small children have small bladders. With all three of ours we have had to have one parent leave the line with a child who is bursting for the toilet who then had to rejoin us. Childen under 4 simply cannot cope with an hour long line without the toilet.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #42
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

[QUOTE=

As for mums and small children trying to catch up with dads in the line, please remember small children have small bladders. With all three of ours we have had to have one parent leave the line with a child who is bursting for the toilet who then had to rejoin us. Childen under 4 simply cannot cope with an hour long line without the toilet.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with this....indeed can remember having q ed for ages for crush and needing to leave to find a toilet fir youngest....it was a nightmare trying to get back through q.....even though we passed same people to get out some very reluctantly let us pass!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #43
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal
the thing i really hate at DLP is the people who stand so close behind you they are actually touching you. We had one in the line for Crush on Sunday who always tried to move forwards before us so she was trying to walk through us. I find that lack of personal space thing so rude and it actually make me panicky.
Me too, I really struggle when people are that close to me. Apart from that though I can't really say I've had any problems that I can recall
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #44
Lisa_C

Just to let you know, we just returned from Chessington, Thorpe Park and Legoland....ALL had queue jumpers!! Chessington were ace and REMOVED them with their security. It was fab! Legoland was just ridiculous. I don't like people standing close, or standing close to others. We left a gap between us and the people in front. The woman behind took this as her cue to try and walk infront of us. A swift "I'm sorry, did you want us to move" got "you are holding hundreds of people up". We were at the BACK of the queue and purposely moved the slowest we have ever done while waiting for a ride haha!

loving me a Pirate
Old 04-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #45
tinks_1989
need a like button

I have to agree with others it happens at both WDW and DLP I just think its more noted on our DLP because all the things add up the no personal space, the random character scrums, the smoking, the weather it always rains when we go.

We are also the family where one will queue whilst the other is doing a toilet break, grabbing a drink the join together. Sorry but I'm sure you would rather that then listen to my daughter get bored. Saying that we don't do rides any more this is only character meets (not including Princesses).

What bugs me is you are all walking along and some one will just stop. Not stand to the side out the way just stop dead in their tracks. Why? Why do people do this?
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: