Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #16
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

I'm too shy too for something like that.
However, I will say something to the person who's with me "loud enough" so the other person could hear me, lol, but since being at DLRP 99 % chance that person doesn't speak my language, it doesn't matter much, lol.

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #17
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhunhe View Post
I'm too shy too for something like that.
However, I will say something to the person who's with me "loud enough" so the other person could hear me, lol, but since being at DLRP 99 % chance that person doesn't speak my language, it doesn't matter much, lol.
I only speak English, but know a few choice words in French lol
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
moorhunhe
Mouseketeer

I actually do that a lot when being at the grocery store, when the people in front of me at the cash register isn't moving the cart far enough so I can put my stuff on the spot.

Or when someone is blocking an isle at the store -_-
Lol.

DLRP 15x
moorhunhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

tweak89 you mention in your initial post the behaviour of guests when they are already in queue lines at DLP. cutting, shoving. As I said I have only seen young kids try to cut, and I just tell them to wait while not allowing them to pass me.

I've not had anyone shove me while I've been in a ride queue, ever. There is a big difference between someone shoving you and someone with little regard to personal space (twice in the regular queue line for BTM over the years at DLP I've had people behind me so close that they were practically hugging my back , but thats not shoving, its not the same thing at all).

I believe the biggest opportunity for shoving and bad behaviour you'll see at DLP is in the random character meet n greets - we don't call them scrums for nothing! There is no queue, the character gets surrounded, and the CMs generally don't attempt to keep order.

I've also witnessed an interesting game of "litter bin wars" at DLP while waiting for a parade to begin. I found it highly amusing to watch, we were already standing on the edge of the pavement to ensure no-one could stand in front of us on the parade route. But I could see exactly what the young couple near us who were in the parade route path and not yet on the pavement were trying to do - they were trying to move a litter bin back with their bums and legs by leaning against it, so they could stand in front of it and still be on the pavement. They didn't reckon on the determined woman who was already leaning on the bin behind them - she was just as sure as they were that bin wasn't moving an inch - and she was right . The young couple eventually had to give up and move on when the CM in the parade route insisted they get up onto the pavement.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #20
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

I've been too many times to count (100's) and I've never had any real bother with queue jumpers.

I've had people coming close to me but that's normal, I've had kids that have cut passed but then have stopped a bit further on and waited for their parents.

I'm more annoyed by the person who waits alone in the queue and then the other parent turns up with the kids and joins when they are closer to the front.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #21
Sweetsus
Mouseketeer

I've been to DLP & WDW & I'm sorry to say I only experience this sort of rudeness in DLP. There was even one instance where my husband and I took our place in front of the castle 4 the nighttime parade & fireworks the usual hour or so before anything started. Had no problem during the parade but once everyone turned to view the fireworks we were being shoved in every direction by ppl who couldn't be bothered to be there on time to get a good spot. We were determined to try to hold onto our spot -without any pushing or shoving only to have 1 of the latecomers who was causing all the issues to start screaming at us and accusing us of pushing and shoving everyone out of the way. I nearly died with embarrassment & all i could manage to yell back was a pathetic line something like 'we've been here since before the parade' We just about managed to hold our ground but to this day I still dread the push & shove fest 4 the parades/fireworks. I hate confrontation so tend to let everyone walk all over me but I get so mad when ppl just can't respect everyone else & wait their turn! Rant over....

Our Happily Ever After : 28th April 2010 - WP/Whitehall/UK Lochside
Sweetsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #22
adr2.8i
Back from the magic....and now hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post

I'm more annoyed by the person who waits alone in the queue and then the other parent turns up with the kids and joins when they are closer to the front.
that'll be me then! i do appologise.

queue jumping happens in every park ive been too. 99% of them are gangs of school kids from my personal experience. and for some reason they never understand english?? even when ive approached them in uk parks.....they always play dumb and "me non parlez vous anglais" or words to that effect........ so its the good old fashioned, grab them and shove them backwards. being 6ft 5" of hunky Welsh rugby playing muscle, i usually get my own way!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #23
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Maybe because I've gone at quieter times I haven't had so much of a problem with queue jumpers. OH gets annoyed when people run/push past on the way into BTM or POTC and adopts a kind of star shaped walk to stop them, but it doesn't bother me, they're usually rowdier teenagers so hopefully they won't end up in the same boat as me.

I remember waiting patiently for a family to put on their coats and get the kids back in their snowsuits to leave a table in Casey's Corner and then another family came along and jumped in the seats, I was on my own with the boys but the dad from the family who was leaving was amazing and told them in no uncertain terms to push off

There have been 2 occasions when I've seen red, both involved incidents with children - on our first trip a rather large lady stepped back onto the pavement in front of Liam knocking him over, we were waiting for the parade to start and had been for a while, I find it incomprehensible that people think they have the right to do this and that they would even think about standing in front of a child is just unforgivable in my book - she spoke English BTW so rudeness has no borders.

I probably witnessed the worse behaviour ever from other guests during our November Christmas weekend trip, it was absolute chaos in the park. We staked out a place outside Bella Notte, a family came along grabbed some chairs from the restaurant put them up in front of us and stood on them, including mum and dad !!! mum knocking my niece in the face with her backpack in the process - we left the park and went and had cocktails in Cafe Mickey, much more civilised
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

Last edited by DLPdaft; 03-21-2013 at 09:01 AM.
jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #24
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Jill the "star stance" made me laugh, I also do that, with my hands on my hips and elbows sticking out haha! In PM, some kids kept weaving in and out so I leaned on the rails and stretched out. One went flying as they tried to jump (they wasn't young) and Johnny cracked up as he ended up in the doubled backed queue! It was an honest mistake which couldn't be any better if I tried!
But queue hopping is a HUGE gripe of mine, and sorry, if a family member join a the line and then the family tries to join them, you won't get past me. IMHO, if my family have to queue together, then so do they :-)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #25
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

The only line-cutting we experienced on this trip was on our very last ride of the holiday when we went on POTC. Problem with POTC is that in places, the queue line gets so wide and one family decided to use this to their advantage.

They were walking in single-file along the left hand side of the queue line, literally just walking past everyone else who was queueing. The Dad and young son went first and then I stood as far to the left as I could to stop the rest of the family coming through. The woman was far from pleased and just kept literally pushing me to make me move. I managed to stand my ground until she gave up!

In the end the Dad and the boy went on one boat and the mother and the Daughter went on another... so not sure what they really gained there?

It infurates me more when it's families with young children, what kind of example is that to set them?
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #26
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

^^that sounds familiar^^ Well done for standing your ground ;-)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #27
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I don't find line cutting a big problem at DLP. I have seen it happen at WDW just as much. But one thing that bothers me in the queue is people smoking. I don't care if people smoke on the streets, but don't do it in a queue! I Jan we were waiting in line for CC and further back was these young guys sharing a joint. I don't understand why nobody said anything. If they had been standing closer to me I would have said something.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #28
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

If someone smokes near me, I won't be afraid to tell them to put it out!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #29
ILOVEDLP
DIS Veteran

I personally have came across this many times and not just in DLP.
I now have no problem in saying NO!.
my son now knows the do not let them get past us look
I have a good friend who sometimes travels with me and the kids and we have a wall thing we do, we have story's we tell that start remember when we where there and that family tried to push in no way where they getting past us..
Why smoke to time place etc, I am a ex smoker and would never of dreamed of smoking in front of my own children let alone someone else's.

Santa fe 2003, cheyenne2004,cheyenne 2005,cheyenne 2006,cheyenne 2007,SL 2009,Hotel New York 2010,SL 2011,Hotel New York 2012. WDW 2013 POR,SL 2014 & off site dlrp for the big 40 0ct 2014.
Feb 2015 Off site
ILOVEDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #30
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEDLP View Post
I am a ex smoker and would never of dreamed of smoking in front of my own children let alone someone else's.
Me too and I do get extremely annoyed at people smoking queues, I was a 20/30 a day smoker and as far as I'm concerned nobody is that desperate for a cigarette, that they need to light up in a queue line.

I've also noticed the trend for people walking with their hands at their side with the cigarette sticking out and the lit cigarette is just at child face level, shows a total lack of regard for others.

Incidently it was after my 2nd visit to DLP that I quit, I felt so bad that I was nipping off for a ciggie, leaving OH and the kids hanging around waiting for me and missing valuable park time I decided that was it, time to give up
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

Last edited by jillrobinson; 03-22-2013 at 06:54 PM.
jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: