Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

3 day cruise after 5 days in WDW

We arrived in WDW on Saturday 3/9 and spent five days there before heading on a Disney three day cruise.

We boarded the bus for the cruise on Thursday at 12:30. We were so glad we decided on the bus. There was a video playing with the Disney characters helping us to know what to expect when we arrived at the terminal. Plus it was just fun riding the disney bus. Very easy instructions given to us the night before of how our luggage would be picked up and where to meet to board the bus. After we got to the terminal and got through the check in process - even though there was a long line it went really quick and we were on the ship by 2:30. This was our first cruise and did not know what to expect. I was so impressed with the staffing, food, how clean the ship was, and entertainment. The weather was great and we look forward to another cruise someday. The only thing we would do different is take a longer cruise. We were on the Disney Dream. Any questions I would be happy to answer.
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemom View Post
We arrived in WDW on Saturday 3/9 and spent five days there before heading on a Disney three day cruise.

We boarded the bus for the cruise on Thursday at 12:30. We were so glad we decided on the bus. There was a video playing with the Disney characters helping us to know what to expect when we arrived at the terminal. Plus it was just fun riding the disney bus. Very easy instructions given to us the night before of how our luggage would be picked up and where to meet to board the bus. After we got to the terminal and got through the check in process - even though there was a long line it went really quick and we were on the ship by 2:30. This was our first cruise and did not know what to expect. I was so impressed with the staffing, food, how clean the ship was, and entertainment. The weather was great and we look forward to another cruise someday. The only thing we would do different is take a longer cruise. We were on the Disney Dream. Any questions I would be happy to answer.
Glad you had a great time. We were on the Dream last month. She is a gorgeous ship. Next time try the Fantasy for a 7 night....you will be blown away. Also the classic ships are wonderful as well.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

did you have a land & sea package? we are going on our first cruise and doing 7 nights at parks before. but we are using a non-Disney timeshare. we are thinking of booking the Disney bus from mco for when we return the rental car. I am assuming this is possible? if so wondering if we get to pick our time or if they will assign one?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcrazie4dizney View Post
did you have a land & sea package? we are going on our first cruise and doing 7 nights at parks before. but we are using a non-Disney timeshare. we are thinking of booking the Disney bus from mco for when we return the rental car. I am assuming this is possible? if so wondering if we get to pick our time or if they will assign one?
We just did a land/sea on our own. Honestly, rent a car and get on the ship before the buses arrive . We had lunch and several trips down the aquaduck before the Disney buses arrived! There is lots of information out there on how to rent a car from Orlando to Port Canaveral. This particular port is very accustomed to people renting cars, dropping them off and having people take a shuttle to port.
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

we will have a rental for the week, which I was going to return at mco. I am sure we can just return it at the port. I am very nervous about making the drive since this is our first time. is it easy to drop my family off with the luggage and then find where to return the car? since my husband isn't going with us, I am not sure we could manage all the luggage and figuring out how and where to check in and all. is it confusing when you get there? Will they let you on the ship when you arrive if you go early or will they assign a time?

Last edited by ibcrazie4dizney; 03-20-2013 at 06:25 AM.
ibcrazie4dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcrazie4dizney View Post
Disney doesn't offer a land/sea package because too many people discovered it was cheaper/simpler to book them separately.

I would just drive the rental car to the port and turn it in there, rather than take the time to drive back to the airport then catch the bus.

When you do your on-line check-in you'll be assigned a port arrival time.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

We took the Disney Bus to the hotel after arriving at MCO and the next moring rented a car from Alamo at the Disney Car Center. Alamo came and picked us up and we found it was cheaper than renting at the airport. We took the car back the night before we left for our cruise and Alamo took us back to where ever we wanted to go, which was EPCOT. The next morning we boarded the Disney Cruise bus at our hotel. We did the check in on line for the cruise and by the time we did this we were given a boarding time o f 1:30. I was thinking the boarding time is determined by how far in advance we did the on line check in. We booked our hotel reservations and cruise reservations separtely. It was a bit overwhelming thinking about our plans but all went well and we had no issues. I can't wait for our next cruise. We will probably do it the same way again since it went so well.
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:

.............. The only thing we would do different is take a longer cruise. We were on the Disney Dream. ............
Glad you had a good time cruising on DCL. My wife and I did a 15 night Panama Canal cruise on the Disney Wonder and that was too short for us
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:

Funny you posted this as I was just searching this same trip...

I'm looking at doing WDW sept 7-12 then the 3 Day Bahamian cruise. I too am looking into taking the Bus from resort to Cruise. How did you book this as it doesn't seem to be an option online. I have never Cruised before tell me all you can about ports, tips, being on the cruise.... I have book but personal is always better.

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

we're doing the same thing in 3 weeks -- 6 nts. at WDW, then 3 nights on the Dream. I know 3 nights is going to be too short but I figured it was a good 'starter cruise" for the kids who have never been on one.
I don't want to wait for the Disney bus to take us over at 12:30-1:00 so we're going to just take a car over so we can be there by 11:00. Our Port Arrival Time is 11-11:30.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

We are going to wdw 5/5-5/9 then a three night cruise too!!! So excited!!! As I visit the forums I have realized that I wish I had booked a longer cruise at times. But we're getting the best if both worlds. Also our kids have never been. We are surprising them and the three day seems like a great start. I am so so so very excited!!!!!!

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: