DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Kidani Standard View Room Request

We're staying in a 1 bedroom standard view at Kidani in May. I would prefer a room that isn't super noisy like hearing the beeping of the buses. Other than that I know we'll end up with whatever random view (parking lot, pool, etc). Any suggestions on a request to put in to attempt avoid a potential noisy room? In the end though, we're at Disney so we'll make do with whatever we end up with

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
jambo5564
Mouseketeer

Kidani is nice and quiet for the most part. Just ask to be further from the lobby. You'll have to walk more if you do that though.
jambo5564 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
stormer
DIS Veteran

We had a standard view last year that had a partial view of the Pembe savannah. It was a great location. Nice and quiet and we could sit on the balcony and see some animals.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

My niece is going in October using some of my DVC points. I put in this request:
1) close to Pembe Savanna
2) 2nd floor
3) close to pool

I think if you request close to pool, there is a chance you will be between the pool and the lobby which I would suspect could be a little noisy since it's where the portico is. You might change "close to pool" to "NOT in lobby area." You can request to NOT be in a certain area. I just did this for HHI since I didn't want to be in the pool area due to noise issues.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
ZebraDomeCrazy
Well behaved women rarely make history

Just got back Tuesday! We had a standard view studio fifth floor, room 7915. It was perfect for us. If you can picture standing on our balcony...slightly left is the main entrance, straight ahead across the way is the bus stop, and slightly right is the entrance to the pool/fitness center entrance. Very close to everything! The elevator on one side of the room took us right to lobby, and the elevator on the other side took us to the pool. Being on the top floor, we never heard any noise from anywhere - even the buses! Perfect location! We were in a studio, but I know there were 1 bedrooms on either side of us.

CBR - 1X, All Stars - 4X, AKL - 9X, POR - 3X, FQ - 1X
BWI - 1X, Poly - 1X, CSR - 2X WL - 1X, Kidani - 5X

ZebraDomeCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
quandrea
DIS Veteran

May seem a strange question, but do the Standard view rooms that face the front of the resort get very hot due to the sun exposure?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #7
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
My niece is going in October using some of my DVC points. I put in this request:
1) close to Pembe Savanna
2) 2nd floor
3) close to pool

I think if you request close to pool, there is a chance you will be between the pool and the lobby which I would suspect could be a little noisy since it's where the portico is. You might change "close to pool" to "NOT in lobby area." You can request to NOT be in a certain area. I just did this for HHI since I didn't want to be in the pool area due to noise issues.
I have read other posts about choosing pool view for kidani; however, I do not see that option when booking on line through DVC. Do I need to call to get pool view? Does anyone know if it is possible to have pool view for a 2brm non lock off standard view.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: