Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
sleepymouse
Mouseketeer

RSR FP rope drop question

On mornings when DLR hotel guests have EE (at 8am) and other guests are admitted into the park 15/30 minutes before official rope drop (at 9am), are guests without EE allowed to get in line for RSR FPs or do they have to wait until 9am to do so?
sleepymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
coaches24
DIS Veteran

when we did this in Jan we did not have EE and they opened the gates for off site guests about 30 minutes before rope drop. The RSR FP line was already started and I had no problem at all getting into the line. The first time on the trip I was there about 10 minutes after the gates opened and the line was already back to Disney playhouse theater and it took about 20-25 minutes after rope drop to get my FPs. The 2nd time I did it I got in line before the gates opened (same situation with EE for resort guests) and went straight to the FP line and this time the line was to carthay circle entrance so not as far back and only took 10-15 minutes to get FP after rope drop.
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

To add to the prior comment, the EE folks can get in line for a FP before 8AM and the line is in front of the rope drop, so there are essentially two lines. At rope drop, the front of the regular line merges with the end of the EE line to form one FP queue. This is how it was in July, so it may have changed since them but I don't think it has based on some of the things I've read recently.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMole View Post
...the EE folks can get in line for a FP before 8AM and the line is in front of the rope drop, so there are essentially two lines. At rope drop, the front of the regular line merges with the end of the EE line to form one FP queue. This is how it was in July...
It has not changed.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMole
To add to the prior comment, the EE folks can get in line for a FP before 8AM and the line is in front of the rope drop, so there are essentially two lines. At rope drop, the front of the regular line merges with the end of the EE line to form one FP queue. This is how it was in July, so it may have changed since them but I don't think it has based on some of the things I've read recently.
That's how it worked yesterday. It was great hopping into the FP line 5 minutes before opening in front of all the of site guests (not rubbing it in, but it was a great perk staying on site).
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
sleepymouse
Mouseketeer

Perfect. I am staying onsite, and this helps me to plan my morning. I was hoping to not waste my EE standing in that line. I will hop in right before rope drop
sleepymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Karibc
Earning My Ears

We were just there last week staying on site. We arrived at DCA about 10 minutes before opening on both the mornings we had early entry. As a single parent with two younger kids, I really appreciated that they walked us right up to RSR once they let us in - otherwise I think the crowds would have crushed us . We knew to stay right so both mornings we were about 20th in line for the ride. We did RSR, then the flying tires, mator's jamboree, then took pictures. The first morning we even had a snack at Flo's and then started walking back to the main street and noticed the massive amount of people waiting behind the rope drop. I also noticed the FP line and as they counted down to let the people in, we hopped into the FP line. Once the park opened the line moved extremely fast as they had people helping get the FP's. We were in line for less than 10 minutes and got FP's for an hour later. When we rode the ride with our FP the line was massive and as we got off the ride there was a mechanical breakdown. I really felt bad for those in line.

I must say the best thing about staying onsite is getting in the parks early. I was always amazed how many rides we could get down in those first few hours with very little lineups. By then the kids were tired and we would head back to the hotel for rest and pool time before heading back for some nightime activities.

Disney Cruise Alaska - August 2011
Disneyland - March 2013
Karibc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: