Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Disney Trip Fibs

Thought it would be interesting to hear the "fibs" we've told to our families, spouses, friends while traveling in Disney!

I'll start...

A few years ago my DBF (now husband) and I were in WDW... He hadn't been to the world in a few years and wanted to see the Hall of Presidents. Snooozeville if you ask me... So I decided to tell him it was closed for refurbishment when it wasn't. I figured he'd catch on when we walked by and it was open AND when people were pouring out the exit, but he didn't!!! The trip went on and I forgot all about it (and so did he!).

Eventually I confessed because I found the whole thing hilarious... It's now a running joke in my family that I have to show "proof" of refurbs!!!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

Well, it wasn't at Disney, but on castaway cay on our last Disney cruise. During the afternoon I told the rest of family (we were traveling with extended family) I was going to go to the stores and try to find a shirt I'd seen earlier.

What I really did was get a strawberry dacquiri, find a secluded chair on the beach sit all alone, no kids, no husband, and drink my drink looking out at the ocean, relaxing with my feet in the sand.

One of my highlights of the trip
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Its not really a fib, but last time we were at Disney when I wanted to get the kids moving I would say something like, "hey guys we have to get going, the most awesome thing is up ahead". They would get excited and ahead we would run. And of course Disney always has something "awesome" up ahead

Of course now that older ds is older this may not work!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
kkmauch
"Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with facts!"

To convince my niece to try riding splash mountain for the first time, I told her that it was "just like goofy's barnstormer but with sprays of water on the hills". Worked like a charm. After she told me I should ride barnstormer again because it is totally different...lol

Upcoming trips: October 2014 SSR
Recent trips: Aug 2013 CBR - Sep 2013 POR - Nov 2013 Pop - Mar 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - May 2012 SSR-THV - Nov 2011 OKW GV and Disney Dream - Sep 2011 AS-Sports - Dec 2010 SSR - Oct 2009 POFQ
displansforyou.com - facebook.com/displansforyou
kkmauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believinthemagic View Post
Well, it wasn't at Disney, but on castaway cay on our last Disney cruise. During the afternoon I told the rest of family (we were traveling with extended family) I was going to go to the stores and try to find a shirt I'd seen earlier.

What I really did was get a strawberry dacquiri, find a secluded chair on the beach sit all alone, no kids, no husband, and drink my drink looking out at the ocean, relaxing with my feet in the sand.

Priceless
Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

I brought my DS to Disney when he was 2 1/2, 3, and 3 1/2. When he would ask to return, I fibbed and told him that the park was only open part of the year and of course not open during the month that he was asking to visit.

Well, we live in Orlando now with APs this past year and fortunately he has no memory of this little white lie.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

Dh is not really into roller coasters. Last time we were at Disney with him, I did not say anything and walked on to Space Mountain with him and the girls. He did not suspect a thing because my two year old was with us. My older girls were snickering as they lowered the lap bars. Afterwords, he kept looking at our two year old and going, "I cannot believe she rode that!" I think he will think twice before walking on an unfamiliar ride with us again.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer
Dh is not really into roller coasters. Last time we were at Disney with him, I did not say anything and walked on to Space Mountain with him and the girls. He did not suspect a thing because my two year old was with us. My older girls were snickering as they lowered the lap bars. Afterwords, he kept looking at our two year old and going, "I cannot believe she rode that!" I think he will think twice before walking on an unfamiliar ride with us again.

Your 2-year-old was over 44" tall?

This post sounds like a Disneu fib. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S950C using DISBoards
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

My DH loves Liberty Tree Tavern & both the my DSs & I don't, so....I've occassionally said I couldn't get an ADR. Well I couldn't get an ADR there at the exact time I requested so I quickly moved on to other favorites.

My boys do not know either, but it makes my trip easier not to listen to them whine about going there again! Some years we do DCL & only have a few days in WDW & as the planner of all this I'm not eating there, when I've got so many better choices that everyone enjoys. On all long trips he gets his favorite Brown Derby Cobb Salad for lunch--so trust me I don't neglect his wishes.

Main fib we've probably all told young children when they're tired, don't want to walk anymore & we've already returned the stroller....

"It's just a little further..."

My eldest DS' best response to that at age 4 when we walked back mid day to BWV from HS: "I'm too lazy." Over & over again. We've never let him forget it.
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
Leona Fishback
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmauch View Post
To convince my niece to try riding splash mountain for the first time, I told her that it was "just like goofy's barnstormer but with sprays of water on the hills". Worked like a charm. After she told me I should ride barnstormer again because it is totally different...lol
I love this -- even after, she totally trusts her aunt! Now if only she had an aunt that deserved it
Leona Fishback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #11
Megsmachine
I love Minnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post

Uhhhmm....no.

Megsmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #12
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by believinthemagic

This is too great!!

Most of our fibs were to our mom, along the lines of "noooo, this ride isn't scary at all! There's no big drop, I've no idea why they decided to put harnesses on it".... cue terrifying ride up ahead. Or alternatively we'd wait til we set off on a tame ride and fibbed that she had to hold on for the massive drop that was at the end.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #13
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
Your 2-year-old was over 44" tall?

This post sounds like a Disneu fib. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S950C using DISBoards
Actually at Disneyland it's 40" tall. She measures 40.5.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #14
Tramp68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post
Actually at Disneyland it's 40" tall. She measures 40.5.
That is one TALL 2 year old girl!
OKW Nov 2002
OKW Feb 2005
OKW July 2007 (3 weeks)
AKV April 2008
FWC Aug 2010 (1 month)
AKV July 2011 (1 month)
OKW Dec 2013

Member OKW 1998 (55pts woo-hoo)
Member SSR 2005
Add-on SSR 2007
Add-on SSR 2010
Add-on BWV 2013
Tramp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #15
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Not a ride fib. But when DD was 6 we were going round WS at Epcot and stopping at all the Kidcot stops. She LOVES coloring in. We started at Mexico and I very quickly realized that she was going to want to color an entire mask at each country. We'd never get round WS at that rate! So I told her that she was to get one mask at the first country and she was only allowed to color a little bit at each stop, otherwise when we got to the end she would have no reason to go see their Kidcot section. She's just turned 11 and still quite likes coloring in and we laugh about it. But she collects quite a few on the way round WS just to make her point
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: