DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #31
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aes74 View Post
I was just there this past week. It was built but all plywood still so that you could really see what it's going to look like. Excuse my sad construction terms!
Just returned home. The roof is partially done and looks like it (the roof) will be finished soon.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Sooooo, just a curiousity question. Lets say they start selling around August. When does booking availability open? This will be the first resort to open with online booking, so just curious how booking works for new owners and non owners of the resort. Obviously we will want to stay there at some point, as we want to try them all, but we have no plans to for the next couple of years.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
Sooooo, just a curiousity question. Lets say they start selling around August. When does booking availability open? This will be the first resort to open with online booking, so just curious how booking works for new owners and non owners of the resort. Obviously we will want to stay there at some point, as we want to try them all, but we have no plans to for the next couple of years.
Just my thought, but I bet they won't include it in online booking until it is open for booking to all members. I'm going to guess that those that buy there will have to call to book during whatever home resort booking period they put in place once sales start. I do know that BLT was slated to open in September and booking for owners started in February--I bought points the day before just so I could book--and I believe we had a few weeks head start.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #34
texhanddoc
Let me tell you about how much I procrastinate... tomorrow.

You heard it here first. Grand Floridian sales will begin in late May or June and will start at a slightly LOWER price than BLT. Not sure if this is news or not.

Me (42), Wifey (42), DD (11), DS (9), DD (5)

NEXT TRIP: June 2014
texhanddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #35
DisneyMomJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
You heard it here first. Grand Floridian sales will begin in late May or June and will start at a slightly LOWER price than BLT. Not sure if this is news or not.
How did you hear this?
DisneyMomJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #36
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
will start at a slightly LOWER price than BLT.
Base, or net?

Base I doubt, but there is precedent for net.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #37
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Base, or net?

If I remember correctly the prices for new resorts start off higher to take advantage of people biting at the bit to be the first to buy as a founder. After the founders are cleared out, they warn of a price increase on XX date to get buyers worried about the increase, then they offer a temporary incentive price reduction with a developer credit, gift card, or other "gift".

The slower the sales, the better the price including the incentives. BLT sales stalled and we got a 7 day cruise.

So if we all agree not to buy until we force a huge price reduction, we can save some money and go on a "free" cruise!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #38
texhanddoc

Quote:
Base, or net?

Both, from a good source.

Edited to add... there is only a $5 discount currently on BLT points if you purchase over 100 points. My reading between the lines from what I heard was there will be a similar small discount on points for GFV but will start off and end up lower than current BLT $160/point.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #39
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I understood that Disney is prevented by FL real estate law from talking about a new DVC development until certain conditions have been met.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
If I remember correctly the prices for new resorts start off higher to take advantage of people biting at the bit to be the first to buy as a founder. After the founders are cleared out, they warn of a price increase on XX date to get buyers worried about the increase, then they offer a temporary incentive price reduction with a developer credit, gift card, or other "gift".

The slower the sales, the better the price including the incentives. BLT sales stalled and we got a 7 day cruise.

So if we all agree not to buy until we force a huge price reduction, we can save some money and go on a "free" cruise!

Bill
Really? We bought into Aulani during the previews at DLR and the price structure that we bought in at (at the beginning) was the lowest non-cruise price available. (I had read on a TR that during the Member Cruise the offer was for an additional $2-4 off per point) It only went up from there....

I didn't follow BLT's structure and had assumed that pricing for new resorts was always cheapest during previews.

Is this not true?

Really hoping that GFV sales debuts during May/June so we can see what offers are available on the ships when we sail.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #41
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Better yet, let us do a group buy, like Groupon stye... we can reserve 50,000 points at a 25% discount or something like that.

We need a strong negotiator, like Mr. Shatner!
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Base, or net?

{Like}
Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #43
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
Both, from a good source.

Edited to add... there is only a $5 discount currently on BLT points if you purchase over 100 points. My reading between the lines from what I heard was there will be a similar small discount on points for GFV but will start off and end up lower than current BLT $160/point.
I'm a little confused because the current BLT base price is $165 per point. So is your $160 figure before or after the $5 per point discount?

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #44
texhanddoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post

I'm a little confused because the current BLT base price is $165 per point. So is your $160 figure before or after the $5 per point discount?
I meant the current discounted price is $160/point. Base is $165. GFV will come in with a base below $160.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #45
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

I wonder when resales would become available then? Does anyone remember how many months / weeks later did ALT or BLT become available after the initial public offerings?
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: