DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to connect DVD's sudden urge to promote sales of sold-out properties (and the corresponding price increases/wait lists) with a delay in VGF sales. Thoughts?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
The conspiracy theorist in me wants to connect DVD's sudden urge to promote sales of sold-out properties (and the corresponding price increases/wait lists) with a delay in VGF sales. Thoughts?
Somethings going on with VGF and IMO with DVD/DVC. New executives, price increases, increased ROFR, wait lists to buy direct?

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I think the webcast, including producing the video, took more time than "a sudden urge"
But I agree that there may be something causing this temporary change in sales focus..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Not a word about GF Villas in the newest Vacation Magic, oops, I mean Disney Files.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
nuts
Lover of Disney, Family Guy, and all around good person

Or...it takes time to setup the paperwork for a new class of timeshare.

nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #21
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Dear Disney,

Please start selling GFV by June so that I can have a reason to attend the DVC presentation on my upcoming cruise. My tax refund may or may not be with me.

Regards,

Person-Whose-Husband-Would-Not-Put-Us-On-The-Waitlist-For-VWL-Last-Week
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

I think it would be reasonable for the new management to think it is necessary to increase the resale prices to make the new sales more reasonable.

Why pay $160 for GFV if you can get BWV for $60?

Sure you'll have it 20 years longer...but you don't get the extra 20 years for 20 years...and you can stay wherever you want.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #23
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

The only way to do that is to (A) decrease the number of current owners who are selling or (B) increase the number of prospective owners who look to buy resale.

They aren't going to go with Option B. The last thing they want is to divert people away from direct sales. The only way they can effectively go with Option A is to ramp up ROFR much more seriously than they have even recently, but that would require significant capital. As many have observed, even the current (relatively low) resale prices are quite a bit higher than DVD pays for new construction. So, while I suppose they could do it, it doesn't maximize their return on investment.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #24
Tcsj
Earning My Ears

I spoke to our guide this week and asked him to confirm a rumour we had heard that VGF would be on sale by fall, priced over $185. His response was that he did not know sale date but it is coming, and as for price, he said don't be surprised at how high it is as BLT is now at $165 a point. Sounds high.
Tcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #25
JasonDVC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts View Post
This

JasonDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #26
DisneyMomJen
DIS Veteran

I talked to my Sales Guide also this week about GF since we are going on a cruise at the end of March and wanted to buy onboard if there were good incentives. She said that it most likely will not be selling by than but if it was announced when we were onboard, it would be a HUGE production. She said hopefullly soon but mentioned something about the Fall but back tracked. I also asked about the price being high and she felt that we would be surprised that it would not be. Who knows!!!
DisneyMomJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
Tcsj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomJen View Post
I talked to my Sales Guide also this week about GF since we are going on a cruise at the end of March and wanted to buy onboard if there were good incentives. She said that it most likely will not be selling by than but if it was announced when we were onboard, it would be a HUGE production. She said hopefullly soon but mentioned something about the Fall but back tracked. I also asked about the price being high and she felt that we would be surprised that it would not be. Who knows!!!
Exactly, who really knows. Our guide implied we should be prepared for a high price ($185+) as BLT is at $165 now. Could be they will come out high, and we all will say "told you so", OR....they come out low, and sales go thru the roof.....My bet is they go high....
Tcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #28
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts View Post
So far, none of the available regulatory information implies that the Villas at Grand Floridian will be a new class of timeshare. On January 30, 2013, the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation granted Disney a license for VGF. According to FDBP, VGF is a "New component site for Disney Vacation Club." Related license information from FDBP shows that VGF is labeled as a "Multi-Site Timeshare Project."

Now, does this information rule out the possibility that VFG will be a different class of timeshare within the DVC? No, not at all. But this information is not inconsistent with VGF being just another resort within the DVC as we know it.

I can think of several plausible reasons why DVD has delayed the start of sales for DVD. As I posted before, DVC Guides aboard the Disney Magic in February said DVD wants to sell more of its existing inventories before it starting selling VGF. Sometimes, the explanation offered is indeed the explanation for the situation.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #29
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

Just looking at this from the outside as a newbie to DVC this is what I am seeing

Disney wants AKV and Aulani to sell more before they move forward which makes sense.

Buyers wanna see what GFV will sell for before they commit to DVC as it may be better than AKV or Aulani which makes sense

Its a kind of circular argument.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #30
Dean
DIS Veteran

VGF would not be the first resort DVC had held back on to sell existing points but I don't see how that can be the entire explanation. It appears that even if they wanted to sell existing points before announcing AND to complete the entire resort in the process, they are likely past their time line to open the resort on time. That's not to say they couldn't but historically they like to be selling by around the 7 months window. So if you assume "late 2013" means mid Dec and that there is likely a 2-3 week lag min between any announcement and the start of sales, you'd figure we'd have seen a sales date announcement around 2-3 weeks ago for a late March/early April sales start. They could certainly alter their patterns and start selling later in the course and closer to opening but that doesn't seem likely. To me this means they're behind and it will open later than "late 2013". We'll see.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: