Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #31
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmochick View Post
Then the manager went above and beyond by giving us a bonus $50 Disney gift card for doing so much business with her! I was thrilled! After discounts, freebie and ebate target gc, we saved nearly $300!
WOW, great customer servce!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

The pharmacy reward cards stack?!?!? Has anyone successfully used two reward cards on the same transaction?
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #33
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen99 View Post
I know that you can buy different card denomination at Target, but the only ones I can find at our local Target stores are the $50 cards at the registers. Are there other denominations in other areas of the store?

Do you live near a Disney store? Because if you do then you can load a Disney gift card in any denomination up to I believe it is $1500.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #34
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

My local Targets never seem to have the Disney GC's on sale. Last year was the first time I paid off my vacation with Disney GC's I bought using my 5% discount and the first two Targets I went to gave me a hard time. One store mgr. had no clue that I could use my Debit card to save 5%...I had to physically show him a receipt from another store to prove he could do it. He too kept insisting that the Disney GC were not entertainment cards. The mgr. at the last Target I went to was awesome. At first, she didn't realize she could give me the discount, but once she verified it, she was grabbing all the GC's off from the registers for me ...she was so funny. She actually was so nice that she told me if I ever needed to buy more, to just call her ahead of time, tell her how much I needed and that she'd put them aside for me (she said the sales would be great for her store). Well, I'm hoping she's still the store manager this year, because next month, I'll be coming to see her to pay off my $3400 trip I have planned in August .

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #35
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen99 View Post
I found the $25 and $100 gift cards today in the electronics dept. on a gift card kiosk. They weren't up by the registers in front though, I only saw the $50 denominations. Just in case anyone couldn't locate hem n their store.
Lucky you, I have never seen them in $100 denominations at my Targets.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #36
Christen99
Wet behind the ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
Do you live near a Disney store? Because if you do then you can load a Disney gift card in any denomination up to I believe it is $1500.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~
Thank you! I was looking for smaller denomination for my kids.i don't want to hand over a $50 gift card to my youngest, I'd rather ration it out. I also want him to be able to buy a gift card with the money he's saved. Somehow I don't think handing over 10 pounds of change to buy something at WDW would go over very well lol.
Christen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #37
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post

You can also order Disney gift cards from the Disney store website and they used to ship for free. I keep ours and either reload down at Disney or do it before we leave...over the phone.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 SOG/OKW/VERO Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #38
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Good to know for I did not realize that you can actually reload them now over the phone. Now is that over the phone with the Disney store or .com or both? Thank you

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #39
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Just a heads up for those of you who are trying to earn some Pharmacy Rewards:

April is "Fill Once, Earn Twice" Month. Fill (or refill) a prescription and get double credit toward your reward. You can earn that discount coupon twice as fast!

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #40
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Just a heads up for those of you who are trying to earn some Pharmacy Rewards:

April is "Fill Once, Earn Twice" Month. Fill (or refill) a prescription and get double credit toward your reward. You can earn that discount coupon twice as fast!
I saw that in the flyer Sunday and was so happy. I fill 13 a month so I normally get 2 cards a month and a 3rd every other month, but this time it looks like I will get 5....
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #41
edk35
DIS Veteran

I am pretty sure it is the phone number on the back of the card. Not sure if the ones you buy at Target are reloadable but the ones you can order from the online store....are.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 SOG/OKW/VERO Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
skaliscik
Mouseketeer

not only was I able to do it, but the cashier even told me I could before she rang it up. I took one card up to purchase it and told her I wanted to see if the discount would come off...she said...don't worry, it will. I purchased $3100 in GC in my first visit and $1400 in my second visit and saved almost $450 on my trip. Not only is it awesome to have been able to save on the Disney portion, but on my airfare as well was extra cool.
skaliscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #43
BEARCATS07
Mouseketeer

We did this for our last tip and worked just fine. I was wondering if anyone has tried to take the cards to a Disney Store and see if they would put them all one one or two cards to take for room charges instead of taking 50 cards?
BEARCATS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #44
Jimsig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCATS07 View Post
We did this for our last tip and worked just fine. I was wondering if anyone has tried to take the cards to a Disney Store and see if they would put them all one one or two cards to take for room charges instead of taking 50 cards?
I was told last week at a Disney Store that they will not do it. Sounds like the system will not allow it from her explaination.
Jimsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #45
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

I didn't see any responses but have any of you stacked the pharmacy reward cards? Now that they have the April special we will probably get 1-2 cards just for April.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: