Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Gal View Post
if I have five $10 target gift cards, can I buy one $50 disney card?
Sory - I shouldhave phrased that differently.

Will Target let you use Target gift cards to purchase other gift cards?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #17
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sory - I shouldhave phrased that differently.

Will Target let you use Target gift cards to purchase other gift cards?
I am not sure about using Target gift cards for larger Target gift cards, but if you mean using gift cards to buy entertainment cards (what target calls all of the "gift cards" for other vendors) then yes, you can.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
I am not sure about using Target gift cards for larger Target gift cards, but if you mean using gift cards to buy entertainment cards (what target calls all of the "gift cards" for other vendors) then yes, you can.
Thank you! That is the best news I have heard today! I have some Target gift cards and if I can use them to buy Disney cards, that will help us out a lot!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflare View Post
Yep. Just did it with close to $100 in Target gift cards. Ended up getting $1k in Disney cards for about $820, after everything involved.
How did you do that?
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #20
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! That is the best news I have heard today! I have some Target gift cards and if I can use them to buy Disney cards, that will help us out a lot!
Yes, I do it all the time. I earn the free $5 ,etc. cards from toiletries, groceries, etc. and save them until I have enough to buy a Disney GC.

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
goofyredraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
Reagan&Co.
DIS Veteran

I tried to use a 5% pharmacy rewards coupon with two hundred dollars worth of Disney gift cards, and the cashier would not let me. The manager came over, and said even SHE doesn't get a discount on gift cards. I told her all about the disboards and everyone else being able to get the discount (even stacking the Red card with pharmacy for 10%), but she actually said you all must be lying , because it definitely wasn't allowed!!!I couldn't believe she said that!

I pointed out that the pharmacy rewards card had no restrictions, but she promised me that "nobody" has ever questioned the gift card rule before!!

So frustrating! But I am determined to get the same discount as everyone else! And suggestions on how to proceed??
October 2009 POP Free Dining!!!
June 2010 Skipped Disney for Harry Potter
May 2013 POR
May 2014 Disney Dream
Reagan&Co. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
luckygirl539
Mouseketeer

They aren't classified as gift cards. They are entertainment cards. I would ask for their superior until I got it right.
luckygirl539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #23
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

My Target will not let you use the $5 target gift cards to purchase entertainment cards. The store manager said no.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #24
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagan&Co. View Post
I tried to use a 5% pharmacy rewards coupon with two hundred dollars worth of Disney gift cards, and the cashier would not let me. The manager came over, and said even SHE doesn't get a discount on gift cards. I told her all about the disboards and everyone else being able to get the discount (even stacking the Red card with pharmacy for 10%), but she actually said you all must be lying , because it definitely wasn't allowed!!!I couldn't believe she said that!

I pointed out that the pharmacy rewards card had no restrictions, but she promised me that "nobody" has ever questioned the gift card rule before!!

So frustrating! But I am determined to get the same discount as everyone else! And suggestions on how to proceed??
You can do one of two things and it really depends on how much you want to fight with your local Target manager. You can:
  1. Call corporate and speak with them. Tell them that you understand that you can use the pharmacy rewards coupon for entertainment gift cards but not for Target gift cards. Explain to them that your local store manager will not permit you to do it. Make sure that you have the manager's name and the store address and/or store number. They should intervene for you.
  2. Go to another Target. It can be easier to drive several miles than it is to fight it out.
I hope you get things resolved because I'm sure that you would like to be able to make the same purchase again some time, without having to drive to a store further from your home to do it.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
You can do one of two things and it really depends on how much you want to fight with your local Target manager. You can:
  1. Call corporate and speak with them. Tell them that you understand that you can use the pharmacy rewards coupon for entertainment gift cards but not for Target gift cards. Explain to them that your local store manager will not permit you to do it. Make sure that you have the manager's name and the store address and/or store number. They should intervene for you.
  2. Go to another Target. It can be easier to drive several miles than it is to fight it out.
I hope you get things resolved because I'm sure that you would like to be able to make the same purchase again some time, without having to drive to a store further from your home to do it.
I agree with both ideas above. We have a cashier at our local store who it a pain to deal with because she " knows" everything. One night I was ther late and she was the only one open, I was in a hurry and sis not want to deal with getting a manager so I got some milk ( which I needed anyway) and had her rig that up with my gift cards and she never even questioned the pharmacy discount and the debit discount comes off when you swipe the card so they have no control of that.
So maybe you could do something like that, the register will take the % off of the cards, so you don't have to worry about it.
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #26
Jimsig
Mouseketeer

Just bought $700 worth today. Only "issue" the cashier had was if he needed his supervisiors approval and to check my ID because the purchase was so large. He apologized that he had to check, but I told him no worries as I would rather they make sure my card hadn't been stolen etc. The supervisor said they didn't need to check it.
Jimsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #27
Reagan&Co.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
I called the Target Customer Service number today...not helpful. They said people are not allowed to use the 5% card for Disney or any other cards.....ugh.
I was buying other items at the time; the discount just worked for the candy and not the cards.
I may try another Target. SO frustrating.......thank you for all the suggestions so far!
October 2009 POP Free Dining!!!
June 2010 Skipped Disney for Harry Potter
May 2013 POR
May 2014 Disney Dream
Reagan&Co. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
Christen99
Wet behind the ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen99 View Post
I know that you can buy different card demoninations at Target, but the only ones I can find at our local Target stores are the $50 cards at the registers. Are there other denominations in other areas of the store?
I found the $25 and $100 gift cards today in the electronics dept. on a gift card kiosk. They weren't up by the registers in front though, I only saw the $50 denominations. Just in case anyone couldn't locate hem n their store.
Christen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #29
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagan&Co.

I called the Target Customer Service number today...not helpful. They said people are not allowed to use the 5% card for Disney or any other cards.....ugh.
I was buying other items at the time; the discount just worked for the candy and not the cards.
I may try another Target. SO frustrating.......thank you for all the suggestions so far!
Are you saying you purchased Disney gc and candy but your red card discount only came off the amount for the candy? Or just that cashier refused to let you buy gc?
Keeping track just for me: 7/7/14-15 APs days at DL: 4
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 AM   #30
bigmochick
Mouseketeer

Totally different experience than what I had. Friday night I bought $100 in merchandise plus $2000 in Disney gift cards using my/hubbys red cardS (2 accounts), pharmacy rewards coupon, and a $10 gift card to Target from ebates. I had asked the manager prior to my transaction if she would honor the 10% even if the credit limit was exceeded. She told me to look her up when I was ready to check out. We split them up into 8 $250 transactions. One account did max out but the other red card ended up covering the rest of the total. Then the manager went above and beyond by giving us a bonus $50 Disney gift card for doing so much business with her! I was thrilled! After discounts, freebie and ebate target gc, we saved nearly $300!
bigmochick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: