Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Mahwah
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 80

Free tickets for friends & family

Hi! Does anyone know how the free tickets for friends & family work? Our daughter was just accepted into the college program arriving Aug. 19th. We spend every Thanksgiving at Disney, we have our annual Disney passes so we won't need the free tickets, but this year, we are bringing other family members to enjoy Disney at Thanksgiving. I am just curious! Also, what about the hotels? How does that work? Thanks for your help!!
Mahwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
leeg229
Mouseketeer
 
leeg229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahwah View Post
Hi! Does anyone know how the free tickets for friends & family work? Our daughter was just accepted into the college program arriving Aug. 19th. We spend every Thanksgiving at Disney, we have our annual Disney passes so we won't need the free tickets, but this year, we are bringing other family members to enjoy Disney at Thanksgiving. I am just curious! Also, what about the hotels? How does that work? Thanks for your help!!
The free tickets work like this. About 3/4 weeks into the program she will receive her maingate pass. She will be able to get up to 3 people into the parks per day on 6 different days. If, on one day, she only lets 2 people in then she forfeits that last person she could have let in and there is no "saving" that extra admittance. There are blackout dates that apply to the maingate though. I'm pretty sure that Thanksgiving is one of those dates but you need an active cast member to tell you exactly what parks on what days are blacked out.

As for the hotels, the discount depends on occupancy, season, and whether she is staying in the hotel or not. Because Thanksgiving tends to be busy I couldn't begin to guess what the discount would be. After you make your hotel reservation she will need to go to whichever hotel you chose at any time before you arrive and show her cast ID and the amount you save will be refunded to you in the same way you paid.
__________________
2 x CP Participant- Hollywood Studios/Magic Kingdom Merchandise
Emporium Merchandise Area Trainer
leeg229 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
lego606
Mouseketeer
 
lego606's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
The free tickets work like this. About 3/4 weeks into the program she will receive her maingate pass. She will be able to get up to 3 people into the parks per day on 6 different days. If, on one day, she only lets 2 people in then she forfeits that last person she could have let in and there is no "saving" that extra admittance. There are blackout dates that apply to the maingate though. I'm pretty sure that Thanksgiving is one of those dates but you need an active cast member to tell you exactly what parks on what days are blacked out.

As for the hotels, the discount depends on occupancy, season, and whether she is staying in the hotel or not. Because Thanksgiving tends to be busy I couldn't begin to guess what the discount would be. After you make your hotel reservation she will need to go to whichever hotel you chose at any time before you arrive and show her cast ID and the amount you save will be refunded to you in the same way you paid.
I think you can also book the hotels through the Hub and don't have worry about the refunding.

The tickets work as he described above, but the cool thing is they are Park Hoppers! :D and unless they changed the system, I believe if you go to a resort that you don't work at, you don't lose one of the 6 days. (The pass and her ID work at all Disney resorts except for Tokyo Disneyland).

Also, if she is doing the program at Disneyland, she'll get 16 days instead of 6.
__________________
Visit me at Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland!
lego606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Mahwah
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
The free tickets work like this. About 3/4 weeks into the program she will receive her maingate pass. She will be able to get up to 3 people into the parks per day on 6 different days. If, on one day, she only lets 2 people in then she forfeits that last person she could have let in and there is no "saving" that extra admittance. There are blackout dates that apply to the maingate though. I'm pretty sure that Thanksgiving is one of those dates but you need an active cast member to tell you exactly what parks on what days are blacked out.

As for the hotels, the discount depends on occupancy, season, and whether she is staying in the hotel or not. Because Thanksgiving tends to be busy I couldn't begin to guess what the discount would be. After you make your hotel reservation she will need to go to whichever hotel you chose at any time before you arrive and show her cast ID and the amount you save will be refunded to you in the same way you paid.
Thank you!!!
Mahwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
surferdude
Mouseketeer
 
surferdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
Also, if she is doing the program at Disneyland, she'll get 16 days instead of 6.
While reading this I thought a CP said somewhere else it was 16, but that clears it up (they did mention they were at DL). Kinda stinks its only 6 days, but since Im from NY and my family would have to come down 6 days would most likely be enough
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude

While reading this I thought a CP said somewhere else it was 16, but that clears it up (they did mention they were at DL). Kinda stinks its only 6 days, but since Im from NY and my family would have to come down 6 days would most likely be enough
Disneyland does get 16. I has something to do with how CPs are classified there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
bubblesamore
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 8

Friends visiting CM

Our friend starts her College program and becomes a CM May 14 -- me and my daughter (her BFF) have just reserved AOA for 9 nights (June 12 - 21st) Little Mermaid Room. Was it too soon for me to reserve in anticipation of our friends CM room discount? I have until April 28th to confirm and pay for the reservation -- I know how fast these rooms can go if you don't reserve in advance.
bubblesamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Mahwah
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesamore View Post
Our friend starts her College program and becomes a CM May 14 -- me and my daughter (her BFF) have just reserved AOA for 9 nights (June 12 - 21st) Little Mermaid Room. Was it too soon for me to reserve in anticipation of our friends CM room discount? I have until April 28th to confirm and pay for the reservation -- I know how fast these rooms can go if you don't reserve in advance.
Where is the Little Mermaid Room?
Mahwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
pipermae
Mouseketeer
 
pipermae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesamore View Post
Our friend starts her College program and becomes a CM May 14 -- me and my daughter (her BFF) have just reserved AOA for 9 nights (June 12 - 21st) Little Mermaid Room. Was it too soon for me to reserve in anticipation of our friends CM room discount? I have until April 28th to confirm and pay for the reservation -- I know how fast these rooms can go if you don't reserve in advance.
To book a CM discount room the CM will either do it through the Hub or call the CM reservation hotline once they are a CM. You can give her your reservation number, the guests names that are on it, etc and she can adjust it when she has her perner number.
__________________
About 5 trips as a kid - ASResorts & Timeshare
2006 - Random hotel & 2 day trip with Marching Band
June 2009 - POP
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahwah View Post
Where is the Little Mermaid Room?
I don't think the Little Mermaid rooms have been available with any discount. My friend that works in reservations has said that it has not and my daughter looks for it all the time on the Hub with a discount and she has never found it. We want to stay there too.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
bubblesamore
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 8

Traveliz, this makes sense since the Mermaid Rooms are the only 'standard rooms' at AOA....I can see them not wanting to discount rooms that have such high demand. I may have to re-book for POP instead. THANK YOU!

Last edited by bubblesamore; 04-03-2013 at 03:31 PM.
bubblesamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy
 
eadavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 424

You can book any room type at the discount, as long as its available. I have friends and family that come down multiple times a year, I tell them to let me know as far in advance as possible to avoid availability complications.

Plus, if you have connections at any of the resorts, it never hurts to ask. Sometimes they can move you around to a specific room you want, as long as its available.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.