Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

Is there a tour that your family would enjoy?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #17
Sleepy425
Mouseketeer

Don't give up hope on the Pirates and Pals cruise. We took in a 2 year old 3 weeks before our December trip, and tried like crazy to get her onto our P&P reservation (they don't charge for 2 year olds, but they have to account for every person on the boat no matter the age). We kept calling even when we were in Disney, and 2 days before the reservation, when we were about to cancel, they had slots open up. So keep calling!
Sleepy425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I'd put a downpayment on the next trip!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #19
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

You could try to book a carriage ride at port orleans... It is very fun!
Or look into any tours!
Or tickets to a water park!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #20
fae
Mouseketeer

Call the Pirate's League! I got two next day appointments in July, so it's totally possible to find short notice appointments.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
cobright
DIS Veteran

See if you can get chef's table at victoria and alberts. I don't use txt speak lightly but OMG! I will never pass an importunity to do that again.

Failing that, what about a behind the scenes tour? I'm looking forward to the WDW Trains tour on our next trip.

Take the balloon ride.

See if you can rent Meeko and Pocahontas for an hour and stage funny pictures like that land rover by the safari just ran Meeko over and Pocahontas is bereft with grief.

Get some really top notch formal wear costumes made up and wear them to CRT or BOG (and Victoria and Alberts ... just ... sooo worth it).

That's it for now. Ponderous though.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

Hire a personal tour guide / conceirge for a day or two.

I'm agreeing with most of the others, let each kid pick out something special to get / do that maybe you wouldn't normally let them get / do.

I've never let mine dive for a pearl in Japan. My mom always told me those things were hokey and wouldn't let me do it, so I don't let my kids do it. The girls have been saving loose change in a jar for a year now and I think I will take the money and let them use it to go pearl "diving". So maybe you have something that you don't normally let them do or buy.
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #23
Disneymoon2013
Dec 2013: 1st time to WDW, getting married, & Disneymooning!

I will be a first-timer to WDW this year, so I don't have experience to recommend anything in particular.

However, I will point out that as the years pass, kids (and adults) tend to remember fond memories better than objects. Think back to your own childhood and list off Christmas gifts... You probably remember some big-ticket items you really wanted, but what about all the other things?

This statement will show my aversion to consumerism, but here goes: Instead of blowing the money on overpriced, top-dollar Disney-themed crap made in a sweatshop in China, use the funds for an experience the kids aren't likely to forget anytime soon. Take ample pictures during it, and if you have a smart phone, jot down any notable quotes from the kids showing their excitement, awe, or joy. You could even make them a little sign that says "Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!" and they could hold it up for a picture while they're at the event.
Disneymoon2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #24
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

Sorry RogueLeader...not sure why I assumed you were a "she"...just chalk it up to old age and an extreme desire for Spring to finally get here! (I'm in NY).

One of our favorite special treats to do in Disney is a 2-hr fishing excursion..it's catch and release and Disney provide everything needed including a captain who will bait, help reel in, etc. The trips leave from different areas. We've taken ours from YC - the 10am excursion. We usually have a nice character breakfast at Cape May then need to be at dock by 9:45.
We've fished in WS lagoon, in fron of DHS and by the various resorts in that area.

It's catch and release bass fishing and we've always caught alot of fish. DH loves to fish and alwasy has big smiles on his face in all the pics of him holding up these big bass. DS loves it as it's not boring because you don't have to wait too ling before someone catches a fish and when no one's catching, the scenery is great.

The captian we've had is Rick and we think he's great. There's usually a 20% off coupon in the Birbaum book or sometimes if you book your trip through Disney you get a coupon for it in you Mickey Mail. The cost without coupon is $270 for up to 8 or 10 people. Plus we give a tip to the captain. They also provide a cooler of soft drinks and water.
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #25
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Might be a good time to purchase Photo Pass Plus...even though you're close to the deadline you can still buy it on site. And then I might create a nice photo album from my photo pass pictures for the family and one for grandma. It's always nice to have photos of the kids.

You didn't mention the kids ages or genders but I have always thought a young lady would love to have the crystal glass slipper delivered to her at a special meal engraved with her name and the date of the trip. It seems like the kind of souvenir that a young lady would keep forever. They are around $70 each and it's not more "junk" but a real keepsake. My son bought the smaller one as a gift for his girlfriend and had "for my Cinderella" engraved on it... I thought it was awfully cute and you could always put a sweet message from a daddy on it too.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #26
leebee
DIS Veteran

I agree with Disneymoon2013. Don't waste the money on cheap plastic sweatshop-made junk; DO something fun with the money. Don't know the ages/genders of your kids, but High Tea at the Grand Floridian is alwys lovely. How about taking everyone to see Cirque de Soliel? (tip- Don't get seats on the floor, get seating in an upper tier. Everything happens sort-of up in the air!) You could even exercise Disney-disloyalty and go see Blue Man Group, or go to Universal for a day to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Sea World for a day? NASA? Lots to see and do in the area... Or keep trying for a dessert party reservation!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Take one of the boats out on the Seven Seas Lagoon & Bay Lake for an hour. Ahhh...the freedom & the waves from the ferry!
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: