Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
msmama
DIS Veteran

What to do with 2 days in each park?

Too much time at WDW - the greatest problem ever, right?!?!

Used to 4/5 day trips but have 7 full days for parks this trip (with Hoppers). I'm pretty good at seeing everything I want to see during the allotted time, but I have time to slow down and smell the roses now.

Usually do 1 (mostly) full day at each park and then if we have an extra day spend it doing our favorites. Now, with almost 2 days at each park I'm not sure how to approach things. (AK will most likely be the one day park).

Any suggestions for divvying up parks?

(To make things slightly more complicated, 1 grandma will be joining us for the 1st half of the trip, other grandparents will be joining us for the 2nd half - so we will have to hit the highlights twice, but don't want to do the same thing over and over again either. For instance, one Epcot day Future and one WS wouldn't work).
Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
kiddisney
DIS Veteran

when we get extra time in epcot - we let the kids spend more time in innoventions & we join them - we do double shows for off-kilter, british revolution, world showcase players -

in mk - we let the kids spend more time on tom sawyers island - we take the river boat - we let them do more than one round of sorcerors game

in ak - we do both walks - africa & india - we do the bird show

in hs - we watch the parade & mulch sweat & shears -

in all - we slow down & enjoy the shows

wdw: '83,'85-'86,'88-'89,'91-'93,'95,'97-'99,'02-'03, '05-'06, '08 -'14 (30 visits & counting - 10 trips in 13 months to visit dd: wdw imagineering intern & ds: wdw cp)
dl: '82,'87,'95
dcl: '98,'99,'00,'02,'03,'04 ... '11,'12,'14 (dbl dips gives us platinum)

kiddisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

How much of a planner are you? Do you like to plan what park each day as well as what rides / shows and order? I'm asking because I know everyone enjoys different levels of planning..I find the more I go and more time I have I tend to just plan what park I plan for each day so I can also plan ADRS. I know the rides / attractions we like, but tend to let them fall as they may based on crowds, moods, etc.

With this more casual approach I find we easily can spend 2 days in each park...sometimes we do things just because we happen to be in right place at right time or notice a show or something is about to happen and we say why not" or notice the standby line for a particular ride is very short.

We spend time with some of the interactive things ins the Animation gallery in DHS or innoventions in EPCOT, or Kidcot in WS. We may stop and take the time to watch some of the various "street shows" that go on. DS loves to play in the paly area in Dinoland.

Sometimes we leave the park for nearby resort area - like take monorail ride to when in MK to monorail resorts. Or walk over to Boardwalk area when in EPCOT..

Or whose to say you need to spend all the time in the parks..maybe head to DTD or possibly go miniture golfing. I know with different grandparents joining at different times you feel you need to hit highlight with both. But chances are they will enjoy whatever you do because you're doing it together as a family.

I find that a little less planning can lead to magical moments you never expected because they weren't planned.
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

Lucky you!

When we have multiple days for a park, we usually spend the first day just as we would if we only had one day - basically fitting in all of the must dos and as many as the would like to dos as possible. We then spend the second day re-riding favorites and relaxing and seeing the smaller attractions.

With the grandparent split, I think you need to make categories. Attractions you want to see with both sets, characters and smaller attractions for set 1, characters and smaller attractions for set 2, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: