Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
masim
Mouseketeer

Bonnet Creek or Windsor Hills

I am trying to decide between bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills. We have stayed at POR but financially will probably have to go offsite. We are 4 adults and one 4 year old who loves the pool and playgrounds. Going in Sept. Do either of these include hidden fees? Is transportation better at one? I appreciate any info you can give me.
masim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

I am interested in the responses you get as I am also just starting to gather info on the various off site, condo/suite type resorts.

I do know that Bonnet Creek has a fee of $5 per person per round trip to utilize their transportation to and from the theme parks. No daily resort or parking fee that I have found.
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Okay, the first thing you should know is that Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills are two totally different experiences. Windsor Hills is more like a residential development made of condos, townhouses and pool homes. They do have a small game room and nice community pool plus cute play areas. It's gated and very quiet. All units are privately owned and rented through the owner or management company through various sites.

Bonnet Creek is more of a resort feel with activities and games, multiple pools, slides and lazy river as well as onsite restaurants. It's all condos in high rise buildings. Also very nice. It's also a time share resort. You can book through them or various travel and timeshare sites among others.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
klledoux
Earning My Ears

I have nothing to compare it to but I love WBC. We rented a 2BR Presidential last October and can't wait to go back in this October for our 10 year anniversary. We are staying for 10 nights and the thought of spending that much time squished into a hotel room with a 5 & 7 year old is just not vacation to us. The kids were on the opposite end with their own bathroom. We could shut their door, do laundry, hang out in the living room, do stuff in the kitchen and just have privacy. We also loved the resort feel!
klledoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
kidd_freeper
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed at Windsor Hills, but I've investigated Bonnet Creek.

In general, WH is the less expensive of the two. The 3BR condos at WH are large, clean, quiet and very nice. It has one very nice pool.

All the fees that you pay will be in the rental agreement with the person/group that you rent from. No hidden fees. There is a $10 deposit for the pool area access card, but that is fully refunded.

Transportation from WH to the parks is available, but I believe there is a fee for that and the times were infrequent. If you stay at WH, it would be best if you had your own car.

We've only stayed at WH because it offers very high quality accomodations for an amazingly low cost. We have stayed in pool view units, the week following July 4 (peak season) for less than $105/nite. 3BR/2BA, sleeps 7, full kitchen/laundry/dining/porch, etc...

The pictures at http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/ are accurate
kidd_freeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
tnp2be
Earning My Ears

Hi there.

I have never stayed at Windsor Hills, but I love Bonnet Creek Resort. I have stayed there several times now with my family including my boys that 6,8 and 10 years old. Great location, great accommodations and overall wonderful vacation experience!

Take Care
tnp2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
usmcwife1
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Bonnet Creek on our last trip and opted for Windsor Hills this time around. We only used the pool once @ BC, most of our resort downtime was spent taking a quick nap/shower and then heading off to our next activity. BC was a nice resort, and we'd stay again (and considered it for this trip) but for the week we are traveling WH was about $200 less so we decided to go that route.

I think the easiest way to decide is to look at the type of trip you want. We prefer to spend our non-park time at Downtown Disney, shopping, mini golf, visiting the Disney Resorts for dinner, etc. At the end of the day my kids need a quiet place to sleep and not much else. DH and I aren't really big on lounging around the resort so long as the pool area is nice we don't need a full service resort with kid's activities and what not. So we decided a quiet "home" to return to was a better fit than staying at a timeshare type resort. This year we are also traveling while I am in school (last time I took a semester off because DH was returning from Afghanistan) so finding a quiet unit with reliable, high speed internet access was also important to us. WH also has a nice pool area so DH can take the boys down while I check into my classes.

DONE: Post-Deployment trip (and first time) to WDW in September 2011!
DONE: Trip #2 Late April 2013!

TO DO: Plan Trip #3 June 2014! YAY!!
usmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
LuvMyEAR
Mouseketeer

I only know Bonnet Creek from what I saw by dropping in. My adult DD and I took a stroll around with an eye to possible future stays. It is beautiful but...she said she would prefer to return to WH.

Her reasoning (and I couldn't help but agree)... Still need a car for efficient travel, and at WH you park at your door, at BC, you are in a lot and can shlep a loonnnggg way to your unit. NOT what she wants to do for a mid-day break, nor at the end of the day with tired feet (and kids!) Likewise, carrying in groceries, luggage, etc.

LOVE our private pool, at WH, where we can put a meal together AND watch the kids who are only a few feet away. LOVE our private lanai for BBQs. LOVE getting away into a quiet, residential neighbourhood after the hustle & bustle.

Just our opinions, but WH has our vote!
LuvMyEAR is offline   Reply With Quote