Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
raven0855
Mouseketeer

Child turns 3 during trip

if my son turns 3 the second day of our trip do I need to get him a ticket for the remainder of the trip?

I thought I read I didnt but I want to be sure I have budgeted correctly.

Thanks!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always heard that you don't age in Disney. If your son is under three when he arrives, he stays free for the trip....

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always heard that you don't age in Disney. If your son is under three when he arrives, he stays free for the trip....
That's right! You don't age at Disney, so as long as his birthday is AFTER the first day of your trip, you don't have to buy a ticket! I so wanted to do this for my son's third birthday last summer, but my husband refuses to do summer crowds at Disney.

Disney loves birthdays, so get him a button and let them know on any reservations that you are celebrating his birthday-- it will make your child feel extra special! (And you just might get a celebratory dessert!)

Even better, if you want, DIsney has no problem with him wearing the button for his entire stay, so the party just continues, and he will love everyone wishing him happy birthday!
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
raven0855
Mouseketeer

Now, if we were to do the pirate and pals voyage we would pay for that correct of he is 3 on the day we go? or does he still count as 2 yo. Thats where I feel like I think I have to pay since its an "extra"
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven0855
Now, if we were to do the pirate and pals voyage we would pay for that correct of he is 3 on the day we go? or does he still count as 2 yo. Thats where I feel like I think I have to pay since its an "extra"
I'd still say he's free....I mean - he would have been free the day before....I don't think Disney wants to punish you because you did the cruise one day later.
I think CheshireFigment will be along eventually to give us a definitive answer. You could call Disney, but CF's answer would be more reliable....

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
Superspectral
Mouseketeer

There is no need to buy a ticket for a child who is turning 3 after the first use of a multi-day ticket. Disney does not check age.
Superspectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

As far as park entry, meals, and events which have an entry fee a child who turns three after the first day of a trip is considered two for the length of that trip. So even with the Birthday Button on, and his proudly say "I'm Three" you don't have to pay for anything for him (other than food specifically ordered from a menu).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
raven0855
Mouseketeer

thank you guys!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
As far as park entry, meals, and events which have an entry fee a child who turns three after the first day of a trip is considered two for the length of that trip. So even with the Birthday Button on, and his proudly say "I'm Three" you don't have to pay for anything for him (other than food specifically ordered from a menu).
I trust this implicitly but will say the CMs on the disney line when I booked my trip said differently. I had to ask for a manager and only then did they book the trip for the age my nephew was when we arrived...however they did charge me a ticket to mvmcp...so I share this as you may need to ask for clarification or management...I called three times and each time was told something differently.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
Bumping this to clarify...does this apply to both on and off property guests? And specifically, to a MNSSHP attended after the child turns 3 (who turned 3 on the 4th day of the trip)?

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: