Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Turtletyson
Mouseketeer

REALLY dumb question about ETWB

I have studied maps of the new Fantasyland, and Googled pictures of Maurice's cottage. While we are "fast-walking" from RD to ETWB, is there any chance we won't find it right away or get in the wrong line? Is it very obvious exactly where to go?

I'm assuming everyone will be going to the same place in that area first thing in the morning, so we will just follow the crowd. But knowing our luck, and how my husband & I argue about directions, I can just see us being the only family who doesn't make it to the correct line right away.

PHOTOS FROM MARCH 1-4, 2007 DISNEY WONDER: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/Turtletyson
Turtletyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

It's the first attraction on the left after you go over the bridge into NFL. You won't miss it. It took us 6 minutes to walk from the train tunnel to ESWB and we were in group 2 and the staging areas are fun. It was a little funny that the CM in Maurice's workshop spoke TERRIBLE french and his bon jour sounded a whole lot like Brad Pitt's in that Quenten Tarrentino film with the inappropriate and misspelled name.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
ryansgirl96
Mouseketeer

I am sure there will be a cast member there...and not a dumb question at all. We did miss it bc the entrance to the que is downstream from the cottage. However there was a cast member there and I politely said "Belle??" and she pointed me straight in. And that was before I knew the need for trying to "fast walk" there. We waited almost an hour...needless to say we will be "fast walking" this go round
ryansgirl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtletyson View Post
I have studied maps of the new Fantasyland, and Googled pictures of Maurice's cottage. While we are "fast-walking" from RD to ETWB, is there any chance we won't find it right away or get in the wrong line? Is it very obvious exactly where to go?

I'm assuming everyone will be going to the same place in that area first thing in the morning, so we will just follow the crowd. But knowing our luck, and how my husband & I argue about directions, I can just see us being the only family who doesn't make it to the correct line right away.
May I ask what the RD and ETWB are?

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
May I ask what the RD and ETWB are?
RD-Rope Drop (aka park opening)
ETWB-Enchanted Tales with Belle (New Fantasyland [NFL] attraction)
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn View Post
RD-Rope Drop (aka park opening)
ETWB-Enchanted Tales with Belle (New Fantasyland [NFL] attraction)
Ah yes, Rope Drop. I knew that; just had a temporary loss of memory (must be my age) but I did not know ETWB. Thanks for the info. I just looked on the sticky but I did not see either listed.

Is Enchanted Tales with Belle worth the wait?

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

If you have little ones who are Belle fans, it would be worth it. For me, now that I've done it once and I don't feel the need to ever do it again. It was cute but it's kind of an "act pout story with props" Kind of an extended meet and greet with lots of Belle interaction. And I played the Wardrobe in it too.

I did it as part of my "experience the NFL" goal. I won't do it until I have grand kids.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
It's the first attraction on the left after you go over the bridge into NFL. You won't miss it. It took us 6 minutes to walk from the train tunnel to ESWB and we were in group 2 and the staging areas are fun. It was a little funny that the CM in Maurice's workshop spoke TERRIBLE french and his bon jour sounded a whole lot like Brad Pitt's in that Quenten Tarrentino film with the inappropriate and misspelled name.
The only bridge that I know of in New Fantasyland is after ETWB, and leads to Be Our Guest. ETWB is the first thing on the left as you enter New Fantasyland. If you're crossing or passing a bridge, you've gone too far.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn
If you have little ones who are Belle fans, it would be worth it. For me, now that I've done it once and I don't feel the need to ever do it again. It was cute but it's kind of an "act pout story with props" Kind of an extended meet and greet with lots of Belle interaction. And I played the Wardrobe in it too.

I did it as part of my "experience the NFL" goal. I won't do it until I have grand kids.
I will agree. If you like Belle, go for it. Otherwise, no way. It was an hour of my life, I'll never get back.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Anyone have a map that they can post with the exact entrance location? Robo??
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #11
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

I did it with the kids when we did a trip without hubby. I actually think my husband would enjoy it. If we caught it at RD it'd be worth it. But then we'd not need to do it again.
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #12
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
The only bridge that I know of in New Fantasyland is after ETWB, and leads to Be Our Guest. ETWB is the first thing on the left as you enter New Fantasyland. If you're crossing or passing a bridge, you've gone too far.
I stand corrected...I guess in my early morning fog I saw the entrance as a bridge. Its the first attraction on the left when you pass into NFL.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
I stand corrected...I guess in my early morning fog I saw the entrance as a bridge. Its the first attraction on the left when you pass into NFL.
No worries. I just want to make sure the OP doesn't make a wrong turn.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
NorthernBuckeye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
Is Enchanted Tales with Belle worth the wait?
I see your DD is 12. Mine is 8 and we are on a four year schedule, so I wonder if mine will want to at 12.
NorthernBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtletyson View Post

I had the same question! Glad we have people that can lead us in the right direction!

Me DH Neko(12) Blake(8) T-Rex(6) Rosa(2)
Barahona6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: