Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #61
susanrose73
Mouseketeer

I rode the new test track 3 times all on the single rider line. My card only worked the first time and then I skipped that part my third time. I really enjoy that ride, but I don't mind skipping the car making part.

June 2013: POR Anniversary Trip!
susanrose73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #62
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

When we went after Thanksgiving... Test Track opened the day we left.... my son in law tried to talk us into adding another day to the tickets so we could ride... He rode about 20 times that day!
(Nope, we had to spend an hour and a half waiting for our breakfast ADR at O'Hana....)

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #63
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm sorry you still weren't feeling well when you went to Epcot and that you weren't quite feeling the magic.

I do love your photopass pictures, and I can certainly see that you are "holding up Spaceship Earth" in that last one.

As you know, I found the new Test Track to be "MEH" myself. It's not something that I will feel I have to do every trip now. And if you are saying it was hot when you were there in line, I imagine that August will be brutal.
I think I need to start my trips at MK from now on, that's really my park and where I feel the magic the most. The stomach ache was entirely my fault. I ate very badly right before the trip and I should have known better.

I'm not sure why at this point that the CM had me put my arms up. I do look like I'm trying to hold up Spaceship Earth though.

I still think I'll ride TT every trip, I still like the ride part, I just didn't like the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Aw man, not feeling the magic!? That sucks! Hopefully it picks up! I find that whenever I can, I head straight to MK when I get there to really solidify everything.

I have to say Iíll be using fast passes and single rider line for TT from now on, the whole ďdesign your carĒ thing just holds up the line way too much and I get bored super quickly, haha! Overall I have to completely agree with you, the new TT was like Tron, and just not as good as the old one, I wasnít too impressed, especially with how long it was down for! Paige and I also didnít stop in the interactive stuff at all, it just seems like you could be doing something better in Disney!

Yep, MK is going to have to be my first park from now on! I was just not feeling Epcot at all this trip.

I may go through the regular line one time (if I ever come across it when it's short) just to see what it's all about but I think it will be a FP ride for me too from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Duck View Post
Totally agree....MK is always our first stop. Regardless of the day, crowd, weather....Magic Kingdom is #1 in our hearts!

I hope you found the magic ASAP!

TWO WEEKS from today I will be in the car heading to the airport! AHHHHHH! I can't wait to ride the new Test Track!! I was actually one of the (seemingly few) who wasn't too impressed with the old version anyway Wasn't bad, but it wasn't one of those "gotta ride it" rides, ya know????
Yep, MK all the way for the first day. I've already got our first day for October planned out and we will be going straight there.

Have a wonderful trip! I'm jealous! You may want to try to hit TT first thing. I never saw it with less than an hour wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
What a bummer that you weren't feeling well.

Thanks for doing such an in depth review of the new TT... I have not taken the liberty to go out and do any research on the changes - as a matter of fact - I'd even forgotten it was refurbed. So, everything I know about it is just what you've written.

Loved the Cousin It photo! LOL

And I did chuckle at the photo in front of SSE that you weren't going to post. LOL Thanks for that.

D~
Last time I eat Zaxby's the night before a trip. Awesome chicken tenders and fries but extremely salty. I love them but they don't always love me back.

You're welcome on the TT review. I knew a lot of people hadn't gotten to ride it yet so I took lots of pictures and notes so I could write about it.

I got some interesting pictures this trip, that's for sure! I've got some great ride photos with "titles" coming up so stay tuned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I need to get Hailey a kid sized version of ur Pluto shirt!!!!! where'd u get that ????
The Pluto shirt was a custom made job. I can e-mail the person who made it for me and ask them if I can give out their information. Just let me know if you would like me to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I really want to try new TT at least once. There are elements about the redesign I think I will really like, and some I'm afraid I won't.
I always try everything once no matter what I've read about it. Just because other people hate something, doesn't mean I will. There's quite a few things at Disney that I love that get a lot of dislike on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually LOVE the new Test Track. What I do not love, however, is where the ride photo is now located, which is outside towards the beginning of the speed portion. It especially sucks in the morning when you have the sun in your eyes.

I hope you got to feel the magic soon enough.
I liked the ride part, I had more issues with the line. And the whole design thing didn't really interest me. As you saw by the ride photo, I wasn't too thrilled with the camera location either!

Don't worry, the trip got loads better after the first bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11point5 View Post
hahaha your "cousin it" photo made me laugh out loud!
too bad you weren't feeling the magic yet at this point in your trip I'm hoping the pixie dust will kick in maybe in your next post!
Also - loved all your ASMu pictures! DBF and I stayed in Calypso in October and we too had intended to explore the whole resort but then ended up forgetting! oops
That was a great picture, wasn't it? Well, at least for the laughs I knew it would get. The couple that was in the car with me got a good laugh when they saw it.

Pixie Dust did kick in eventually and I had a wonderful trip.

I didn't forget about exploring the rest of the resort. I planned on doing it the last day before I left but I didn't get my lazy butt out of bed in time to do it!
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #64
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrose73 View Post
I rode the new test track 3 times all on the single rider line. My card only worked the first time and then I skipped that part my third time. I really enjoy that ride, but I don't mind skipping the car making part.
I've read in several places that people were having trouble getting their cars to show up. I did ride it again later in the week but didn't bother with the design since it didn't work the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
When we went after Thanksgiving... Test Track opened the day we left.... my son in law tried to talk us into adding another day to the tickets so we could ride... He rode about 20 times that day!
(Nope, we had to spend an hour and a half waiting for our breakfast ADR at O'Hana....)

Nini
I think Mom and I missed the opening by one day. We were at Epcot on Thursday and also for a bit on Saturday morning. I stalked the area by TT but it was never open while we were there.

An hour and a half wait for an ADR? Yuck!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #65
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! I'm glad that I didn't miss too much! I am so impressed by solo trips because it is just not something that I could do. I would love to be able to go around as slow as I wanted taking pictures though What a great location at ASMu! It looks very quiet. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #66
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

We left on Monday...on Sunday they had limited (in other words mainly cast members) riders... My son in law and daughter were going to try and hit their favorite rides on the last day, but ended up staying at Epcot so he could continually ride TT...over and over and over...My daughter had to spend the day sitting in her scooter... she was 4 months pregnant and they were being overly cautious.....

Did I mention my DS is special needs and has issues waiting? So totally not fun....and yuck...that is putting it mildly...especially when we finally got in and the restaurant was almost empty!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #67
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Just stopping by to wish you a...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #68
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm here!! I'm glad that I didn't miss too much! I am so impressed by solo trips because it is just not something that I could do. I would love to be able to go around as slow as I wanted taking pictures though What a great location at ASMu! It looks very quiet. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip
Yay! Glad you found the TR. I have traveled a lot on my own so I was fine with being there solo. My goal this trip was to slow down but as you'll see I never really did that.

I was very happy with my location at ASMu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
We left on Monday...on Sunday they had limited (in other words mainly cast members) riders... My son in law and daughter were going to try and hit their favorite rides on the last day, but ended up staying at Epcot so he could continually ride TT...over and over and over...My daughter had to spend the day sitting in her scooter... she was 4 months pregnant and they were being overly cautious.....

Did I mention my DS is special needs and has issues waiting? So totally not fun....and yuck...that is putting it mildly...especially when we finally got in and the restaurant was almost empty!

Nini
Yep, we did miss it by one day then!

I bet that was so frustrating waiting when it doesn't seem like you really needed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Just stopping by to wish you a...

D~
Thanks! Same to you and your family.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #69
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

It's a Troll World

Before I start this update, I just want to ask everyone to bear with me through this first day. I feel like Iím complaining a lot and I donít want that to turn anyone off. I just didnít have the best first day and I like to be completely honest with my experience. Starting the following morning, the rest of the trip was totally wonderful.

As I walked towards World Showcase, I noticed that there were already some flowers out for the Flower and Garden Festival:

I headed into the Mexico pavilion and took some pictures. I had played with my camera before this trip and had figured out how to get some pictures in darker areas. I had a lot more success on this trip with pictures:

I headed here to visit Donald:

There was actually a small line but I waited less than 5 minutes.

Pictures from my ride:

I tried to get some pictures of the ďfireworksĒ at the end because thatís one of my favorite parts of the ride. But none of them came out.

After my boat ride, I spent some time shopping in the marketplace. I looked at earrings in Arribas Brothers. I wanted to get a new pair this trip because you can never have too many pairs of Disney earrings. I didnít find anything that jumped out at me and figured they would have a larger selection at DTD or MK. I also looked for the hot sauce I had gotten for DH in November. I was going to get him another bottle because he finished the first one in less than a week but they didnít have any for sale this trip.

Shopping done, I headed out and on towards Norway.

Continued in next Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #70
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Probably not the best idea with my stomach bothering me, I stopped on the way to Norway and got one of these babies:

Itís a Fiesta Margarita and the flavors from top to bottom are lime, mango and strawberry. I walked towards Norway and looked for a bench to sit on for a minute but there werenít any empty ones. So I stood along the railing by the water. I was having an awful time trying to drink it because it was melting fast and it was so windy my hair kept getting in the way. It was extremely windy, check out the waves in these pictures:

I got through about half of the margarita and then started feeling a bit nauseous. So I did the unthinkable and threw the rest out. I will say that while I really liked the strawberry part, the lime and mango did nothing for me. Iím glad I tried this one but next time I think I will get one that is all strawberry.

I headed into the Norway pavilion and looked for things to photograph. I had challenged myself this trip to try to photograph things I had never seen in someone elseís TR. Iím not sure how well I did because while Iíve read a lot of TRís I certainly havenít read them all. I took the next picture because I had never seen it before:

A few more pictures of Norway that arenít as unique:

I was headed here:

The wait time says 15 minutes but the line was out the door. I decided to get in line any way because I had time and I had missed riding Maelstrom in November. I think I actually waited closer to 30 minutes. The line for this ride is a bit boring, isnít it?

I think I tried to get some pictures on the ride but it was too dark and they didnít turn out.

I spent a few minutes in the dump shop, hereís everyoneís favorite guy (well, probably not):

I really liked this shirt and came close to buying it. I probably would have if it wasnít white. I just donít like wearing white shirts.

I also stopped in the Norway bakery. I had seen a chocolate mousse cake that someone had gotten in another TR and despite not feeling the all that well, I was going to get a piece. I figured I could eat a few bites and save the rest for later. But they no longer have that cake. They have some kind of new mousse cake shaped like a Viking helmet. It had what looked like either coconut or shaved nuts on it, neither of which I will eat. It was probably for the best with the way I was feeling but I was still sad.

As I headed out of Norway and towards China, I noticed that they had already put up some of the topiary for the Flower and Garden Festival. Hereís what they had for Norway:

Up Next: Will My Pearl be Small Enough This Time?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #71
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Ariana!!!! I saw that you were on here, and have been stalking your page to see if you would add an update!

Don't worry about sounding like a Debbie Downer for your first day report...remember I had to report about a fiesty squirrel and terrible service at a certain DTD restaurant for our first day report from March last year. We follow your reports because we know you Disney as much as we do. We know it is NOT your intention to bash Disney at all.

That looked like it could have been a candy corn margarita! Now THAT would be some good stuff!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #72
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

The line for Maelstrom is quite boring. The mural were you board is nice, but you can only stare at that so long too.

I like the pictures of the topiary and flowers they were putting out for the festival. I definitely want to go during it one year as I love those sort of things.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #73
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Great update! Your photos of the flowers are really pretty and you did a great job with the Mexico photos. I love that you set a goal to take unique pictures too - I try and take pictures on each trip that I have never taken before (although I still end up with a million castle pictures from every trip ). I hope that your stomach didn't continue to bother you!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #74
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm certainly not going to complain about the beginning of your TR not being so magical, given how my trip started as well. I'm glad to read it got better though.

The line for Maelstrom has got to be one of the most boring queue at Disney. Luckily, I've never had to wait in it.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #75
katt789
DIS Veteran

Aw man, dont worry about not having a magical experience right away, I've had entire trips that way, bahah!

I have to say, it's rare that I actually will finish an entire fiesta margarita, they're huge, and it's a lot to drink with how strong it is and not being able to go on any rides with them haha.

Can't say I've been on Malestorm since my first trip...lol...maybe that'll happen again next time?

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: