Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Here too!

I have never thought about writing down all the ... um... saying that I have heard at Disney! Can't wait to hear what you have for us!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read all about your trip! One of my guilty pleasures is going on and pricing out solo trips for random long weekends....one of these days, I'm actually going to book it!

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay...I'm back and caught up.

Your "babies" are adorable; my mother-in-law had a schnauzer.

Sounds like a smooth flight despite departing a little late.

You did great with taking pictures from a moving bus. on getting your request AND your room being ready.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #19
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I'm in! You doggies are SO cute!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I've been looking for new TRs to read all day, and was all "that one looks inter--PLUTO!" And realized it was you bahaha

Didn't know about the pluto room! Ha, my old roomate has an eeyore collection about that size

Excited to hear all about your trip!!
That is too funny that you found the TR before I could even tell you about it! I guess I came up with a catchy title this time.

I didn't realize you hadn't seen my Pluto room before. It's a little out of control but I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here...thanks for the heads up. I'll be back later to read (have to do some laundry after cleaning up after our pup).
Glad you are here. Hope Cookie is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm here!!!

That Donald and Chipmunks cartoon is the same one that was playing after the movie for me in December.
Glad you found it! Mom and I got a Goofy sports one last time. The Donald one was really cute. I was almost (but not quite) sad to get off the bus because it wasn't over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightenbelle View Post
I've never read a trip report- I'm excited to see how your solo trip went. I tend to be a solo traveler myself- so I'm going to have to take notes!
Oh boy, that's some pressure if my TR is the first for you! Just be careful, reading them can be addictive. I had a blast on my solo trip, don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any. I read quite a few solo trip TRs before I planned mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsbells View Post
Can't wait to read about your trip. I hope to take a solo trip one day!
Glad to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Im in!!! Your pups are soooo cute!!!!
Thanks! I think they are cute of course but I'm glad other people think it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMg that room you have is like Haileys dream come true!!! I have to ask where did you get the Pluto skipping rope,She would faint if I got her one!!! Holy cow how does anyone know what pluto stuff to buy u or not thats insane!!!I love the older stuff too so cool I'm gonna have to show Hailey those pics tomorrow when she gets home from school.
Hi! Glad you liked my Pluto room. The skipping rope came from eBay. It's actually an older item. You may be able to find one on there for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstickchic View Post
I love to travel to WDW solo and can't wait to hear more about your trip. Your doggies are super cute.
I loved my solo trip, can't wait to do another one! Thanks, they are cute aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yay!!! Thanks for the invite!!! I love the start of your adventure!

I think - the thing I am most excited to hear about right now... I can't wait to hear all of the quotes. LOL I'll bet you overheard some very interesting things. LOL

D~
You are welcome, glad you found it! There were some interesting quotes that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I'm here, I'm here!!!! I am with D~, CANNOT wait to hear the quotes. That is such an original idea for a TR theme...LOVE IT!!!!

Can I just say that I love the pictures of your beautiful fur babies. My mom and dad had a schnauzer from the time I got out of high school until I was married with two children. He was the most sweet, gentle doggie. He was a part of the family for sure...and then he passed away when they had the big dog food contamination about 10 years ago. Many tears were shed when we lost our precious Sigmund. Your Sierra looks just like he did.

We stayed in one of the family suites at ASMu when we went in 2011. I look forward to seeing a few familiar sights when you show pictures of the resorts.
Thanks for joining in! Glad you like my TR idea. There were just too many good quotes to not include them.

Aren't Schnauzer the best? I'm biased though because I have had them my whole life. Sierra is pouting right now because her "daddy" is late coming home from work.

I was really hoping to fall in love with ASMu. While I enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again, I still haven't found my home resort.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #21
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolajax View Post
Very excited to see your TR as it all comes together. Can't wait to hear what you heard! LOL. As I travel alone quite a bit this always amuses me as a passtime.
Thanks for following along. It was very amusing at times to listen to the conversations around me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Here too!

I have never thought about writing down all the ... um... saying that I have heard at Disney! Can't wait to hear what you have for us!

Nini
Hi! I'm not sure what made me decide to write all the quotes. I think I just wanted to include them in the TR at first but then when I ended up with some each day, it just turned into a theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Duck View Post
Can't wait to read all about your trip! One of my guilty pleasures is going on and pricing out solo trips for random long weekends....one of these days, I'm actually going to book it!
I hope you get to take your solo trip someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay...I'm back and caught up.

Your "babies" are adorable; my mother-in-law had a schnauzer.

Sounds like a smooth flight despite departing a little late.

You did great with taking pictures from a moving bus. on getting your request AND your room being ready.
Thanks on my babies, I definitely think they are cute!

The flight did go well. I was worried when we boarded late but they moved us along pretty quickly once it started.

I was so excited to get my request and be able to head straight to my room. I've had great luck with the room being ready but not with room requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I'm in! You doggies are SO cute!
Thanks for joining in.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #22
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Joining in. Can't wait to hear some of your quotes. I get great glee in what others say when they think no one is listening.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #23
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm having the hardest time keeping up with everyone's TR this week, but I made it here!

What Pluto room?
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I was really hoping to fall in love with ASMu. While I enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again, I still haven't found my home resort.

We were not crazy about ASMu either....just didn't want to say that just in case you were a fan. It was just too loud and active for our tastes. Have you tried either of the PO resorts yet? We knew POR was our home after staying there this past time. We will be sad when Gabe outgrows that murphy bed.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #25
Revan
Mouseketeer

Reading along - but had to comment on Eddie, since he reminds me so much of our Faith. We have three Springer Spaniels, one was born with only one eye (Faith). She is 6 now and has since developed a cataract in her remaining eye and only has about 10% vision remaining. You would never know it, as long as you don't move the furniture! She bumps her head once in a while as well and is MUCH more vocal since she's lost her eyesight.

2008 - Wilderness Lodge first trip in 20 years; 2010 - Port Orleans; 2011 - Caribbean Beach/Beach Club; 2012 - Coranado Springs
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Joining in. Can't wait to hear some of your quotes. I get great glee in what others say when they think no one is listening.
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm having the hardest time keeping up with everyone's TR this week, but I made it here!

What Pluto room?
No worries about being behind, I always am too! Click on the link in the intro (the blue underlined "Pluto Room") and you'll see.

Quote:
We were not crazy about ASMu either....just didn't want to say that just in case you were a fan. It was just too loud and active for our tastes. Have you tried either of the PO resorts yet? We knew POR was our home after staying there this past time. We will be sad when Gabe outgrows that murphy bed.
I did enjoy ASMu, it just wasn't love at first site like I hoped it would be. I don't mind loud and active there were just a few small things that turned me off.

I have stayed at POR but that was almost 15 years ago on my Honeymoon when it was still Dixie Landings. Both Jim and I really liked the resort. I was actually going to book us there again for October but that was depending on saving money by using free dining. So for now, I have us booked at POP (Jim's pick but I'm not surprised because if he could, he would time travel back to the 80s and live there permanently). If free dining is offered, I will switch to POR. I've never stayed at POFQ and I don't feel drawn to it when I see pictures. I'm not the biggest fan of clowns and some of the decorations there creep me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan View Post
Reading along - but had to comment on Eddie, since he reminds me so much of our Faith. We have three Springer Spaniels, one was born with only one eye (Faith). She is 6 now and has since developed a cataract in her remaining eye and only has about 10% vision remaining. You would never know it, as long as you don't move the furniture! She bumps her head once in a while as well and is MUCH more vocal since she's lost her eyesight.
Thanks for reading along. I wish Eddie did better! Unfortuately he's not the brightest. He gets lost a lot and will just sit down and bark till one of us comes and rescues him. He had cataracts in both eyes when he was fairly young and we had the cataracts removed. He later developed Glaucoma and that is what made him lose his eyes.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #27
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

If Jim finds his way back to the 80's can he send me some hairspray,they just don't make it the same these days LOL. and how I miss the neon and jelly shoes!!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #28
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If Jim finds his way back to the 80's can he send me some hairspray,they just don't make it the same these days LOL. and how I miss the neon and jelly shoes!!!!
Aqua Net baby!!!! You could tease that hair out to Timbuktu and it would stay that way for days!!! The only thing I miss from the 80's is the music...hair bands rock!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Aqua Net baby!!!! You could tease that hair out to Timbuktu and it would stay that way for days!!! The only thing I miss from the 80's is the music...hair bands rock!
I used to rock some pretty awesome 80s hair! Jim loves his hard rock and 80s hair bands. You may be able to guess his favorite band if you think about the names of our two boy dogs. The baby we had before Sierra was named Haley and she was also named after his favorite band.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I used to rock some pretty awesome 80s hair! Jim loves his hard rock and 80s hair bands. You may be able to guess his favorite band if you think about the names of our two boy dogs. The baby we had before Sierra was named Haley and she was also named after his favorite band.
VAN HALEN!!!!! "you might as well JUMP!!!!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: