Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #151
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

OMGoodness...yes, I LOVE IASW, and it is a classic, yada-yada-yada...but being stuck on it with the song playing nonstop? Have you read any of the Kingdom Keepers books? In the first one they get attacked by the IASW dolls. I am sure that story would come to mind if I ever did get stuck on that ride.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #152
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

omg thats the coolest I need to see it happen on the hour

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #153
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
OMGoodness...yes, I LOVE IASW, and it is a classic, yada-yada-yada...but being stuck on it with the song playing nonstop? Have you read any of the Kingdom Keepers books? In the first one they get attacked by the IASW dolls. I am sure that story would come to mind if I ever did get stuck on that ride.
Yes, I am right in the middle of reading the Kingdom Keeper books. I think I'm on 3 or maybe 4 right now? And yes, that did cross my mind as we were sitting there forever. Hmmmm.. maybe that's why one of the soldiers was missing from the clock.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #154
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
omg thats the coolest I need to see it happen on the hour
It was very cool to see! I bet you could just stand at the top and watch it if you didn't want to ride.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #155
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i wanna buy these books where do u get them?

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #156
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
i wanna buy these books where do u get them?
Amazon.com
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #157
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm with you...love Mickey's Philharmagic. A true masterpiece.

I have to say if that happened to me on the slow boat to China I would be in tears.

But you got some great photos while you were stuck.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #158
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

As much as I love IASW, I'm not sure how I would fare being on it 30 minutes. Though last time we were almost hoping they would let us go twice in a row because it put Claudia to sleep.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #159
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful morning at MK! The crowds do look pretty thick, but it seems like you still got quite a bit done. Thanks for posting the pictures of the construction - I cannot wait until it is finished!! How sweet of that family to "adopt" you at Peter Pan's Flight too. That does seem like quite a while to be stuck on IASW, but I would probably enjoy it - I love that ride! And taking pictures is the best way to waste the time!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #160
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Ok -got behind but now I'm all caught up. I love the look of ETWB - we got to see The Little Mermaid in previews while we were there, but not that one. The Lumiere animatronic looks amazing! I just loved the whole feel back there in the new part of Fantasyland.

We actually didn't ride Dumbo this trip, though my youngest would have loved it. Have to catch it next time, because it looks great. I laughed about your IASW story. That would be my dad's nightmare. I was apparently pretty taken with the ride when I was younger, too, and on one ride he says they stopped for about 10 minutes on it and he almost went crazy. I was thinking of him while reading and looking at your pictures, and I could hear him tell me that sotry again. I'll have to tell him about it!

Can't wait to read more!

October 2012 Trip report

FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #161
HistoryChick
Earning My Ears

I'm really loving your trip report. I'm going solo at the end of the month, so I'm getting some good tips.

I was planning on going to EPCOT first, but now I might change to Magic Kingdom. That is my park and really signals the start of vacation to me.

I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #162
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with you...love Mickey's Philharmagic. A true masterpiece.

I have to say if that happened to me on the slow boat to China I would be in tears.

But you got some great photos while you were stuck.
Yes Mickey's Philharmagic is awesome. For me it's the best of the 4D movies at WDW.

I love IASW and listen to the song on a regular basis but I was still starting to get a little sick of it by the end of 1/2 hour! But I did get to take lots of pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
As much as I love IASW, I'm not sure how I would fare being on it 30 minutes. Though last time we were almost hoping they would let us go twice in a row because it put Claudia to sleep.
Well, she would have gotten a great nap on the ride I took!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
What a wonderful morning at MK! The crowds do look pretty thick, but it seems like you still got quite a bit done. Thanks for posting the pictures of the construction - I cannot wait until it is finished!! How sweet of that family to "adopt" you at Peter Pan's Flight too. That does seem like quite a while to be stuck on IASW, but I would probably enjoy it - I love that ride! And taking pictures is the best way to waste the time!
I really did have a blast that morning, I love MK so much! I'm excited too for the new coaster, all of the rumors right now point to it being open when I go in Feb 2014. I'm crossing my fingers that they are true.

I did enjoy talking to that family in the line for ETWB. I had the same thing happen to me the next morning too. There are so many nice people at WDW.

Yep, I didn't really need that many pictures of IASW but I needed something to do while crawling along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Ok -got behind but now I'm all caught up. I love the look of ETWB - we got to see The Little Mermaid in previews while we were there, but not that one. The Lumiere animatronic looks amazing! I just loved the whole feel back there in the new part of Fantasyland.

We actually didn't ride Dumbo this trip, though my youngest would have loved it. Have to catch it next time, because it looks great. I laughed about your IASW story. That would be my dad's nightmare. I was apparently pretty taken with the ride when I was younger, too, and on one ride he says they stopped for about 10 minutes on it and he almost went crazy. I was thinking of him while reading and looking at your pictures, and I could hear him tell me that sotry again. I'll have to tell him about it!

Can't wait to read more!
The Animatronics in ETWB were amazing. The whole themeing of the show was just out of this world.

The new Dumbo play area is wonderful! I did notice a few kids getting "lost" in there but the CMs were very quick to help them find their parents.

You will definitely have to tell your Dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryChick View Post
I'm really loving your trip report. I'm going solo at the end of the month, so I'm getting some good tips.

I was planning on going to EPCOT first, but now I might change to Magic Kingdom. That is my park and really signals the start of vacation to me.

I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful solo trip. Other than a few bad moments my first day, mine was really wonderful. It's nice once in a while to do exactly what you want.

I don't think I'm going to start a trip without going to MK first. That's the plan for my Oct trip with DH. As for the Feb 2014 trip, there are going to be 16 of us so I'm not sure how much say I will have for our first park!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #163
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I Discover the Downside of a Solo Trip

One of the advantages of the long ride on IASW, it was now time for a new FP. So I trekked over to the Jungle Cruise. On my way, I saw these guys walking through Frontierland but didn’t stop to listen. Another thing to add to the list of stuff for a future trip.

I got a FP for the Jungle Cruise that would be good at 1:15 pm. Then I decided it was time for some lunch so I turned around and headed back to Liberty Square to one of my favorite CS in MK.

They were doing some rehab on the façade as you can see in the pictures. There was a pretty long line but I only took one picture of a light fixture. I see so many Disney light fixture pictures on the DIS that I’ve sort of become obsessed with photographing them myself.

Despite the large line, I was through it pretty fast and off to find a table. This is where I found one of the downsides of a solo trip. When you are by yourself, it’s much harder to find a table in a crowded CS. You have no one to send ahead to scout for a table. I headed upstairs which is usually pretty empty but it wasn’t on this day. I finally found a table in a side room upstairs. When I sat down I realized that my soda had overflowed a bit and I had a mess on my tray and all over my chocolate cake. Of course I had grabbed a handful of napkins but ended up using them all to sop up my tray and cake. Luckily the cake was covered. There was no condiment station in the room I was in and I didn’t want to lose my table so I just did without napkins the rest of the meal. So, enough of my sob story, here’s what I ordered, the fish and chicken plate:

And chocolate cake for dessert (a little foggy due to the Coke spilled on it).

Despite all the drama, my meal was delicious. The fish was much better than the mushy stuff I had the night before at Rose & Crown. And I always love a Disney chocolate cake.

I finished up my meal right around 1 pm. Since I still had about 15 minutes till my next FP window, I headed over to the Haunted Mansion. Unfortunately it had a 45 minute wait which would be cutting it too close to my Jungle Cruise FP time. I wasn’t worried about getting every ride done this day as I was coming back to MK the next night. Instead, I decided to go to Fronterland to get a FP for BTMR. After a quick stop to wash my greasy hands, I headed off. It was definitely a heavy crowd day.

Splash Mountain was still closed for renovations but even if it had been open, there was no way I would have rode it as cold as it was while I was there. Another crooked picture taken while I was walking:

I was still about 5 minutes early to get my next FP so I looked around in the Splash Mountain dump shop for a bit.

Then I pulled a FP for BTMR that would be good at 2:45 pm and headed back to Adventureland to the Jungle Cruise.

As usual, I took a ton of pictures during my ride

Continued in Next Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #164
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Continued from Previous Post

More Jungle Cruise Pictures

Our guide was just ok, he didnt vary from the usual script at all but I still loved the ride.

Then I visited another old favorite of mine, the Tiki Room. I just love all of the old school rides and shows at MK. Every one of them takes me back to my childhood. I was so happy when they changed this one back to the original version. I walked in just as the pre-show was finishing so I didnt have to wait at all.

My venture into the Tiki Room produced a very good quote that will be listed at the end of this day.

Next I visited what is currently my favorite ride in all of MK, Pirates! I say currently because I change my mind on that regularly.

The line was about 30 minutes but it moves continuously and there is so much to see that it doesnt feel as long. I know I took pictures sometime in the line but it must not have been this time around (spoiler for later in the trip). And I always try to take pictures on this ride but am never successful. Someday I will get a picture of Captain Jack and the dog with the keys!

Up Next: Mama Dont Whip Little Buford

Last edited by Pluto0809; 05-08-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #165
katt789
DIS Veteran

Downside of a solo trip, oh no!

Bahaha, there really is an obsession about lights here on the disboards…we are some weird folk! Lawl. Aw man, I definitely get the eating solo thing, it’s a lot harder over at DLR, I found so many of the tables were four tops, and there were barely any for two people, I ended up sitting with people or feeling bad about taking up a whole four top table.

I really have to say, I do love the jungle cruise, it’s a classic, and it’s actually a pretty good ride, ahahah! I always try to get pics on POTC, and it just doesn’t work out for me! It’s so dark in there!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: