Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #136
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I Pretend I'm 2 Years Old Again

One thing I forgot to mention in a previous post is that when I was on the way to ETWB, I saw a sign that said that the Little Mermaid ride would not be open till 1 pm that day. I figured it would have a huge line that afternoon because of that so after ETWB, I headed over and grabbed a Fast Pass for it.

Iím pretty sure that was the last Fast Pass picture I took. Then I headed towards Peter Pan to use my first FP. First though, I stopped to take a few pictures of the new Tangled themed bathrooms. They werenít open yet and the wall was still up, I missed the opening by a few days. From what I could see, the area looked amazing.

I used the old restrooms across the way (had to get that in since they will probably be gone the next time Iím there. Yea, Iím weird, getting sentimental over bathrooms) and then headed to Peter Pan.

In the third picture, the guy in green was part of the family that adopted me in the ETWB line. We waved at each other as they were taking off on their flight. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Neverland and then decided it was time to revisit my childhood and spend some time in an area I donít get to very often.

On the way I took some pictures of the Mine Coaster construction including one using the ďtake a peakĒ windows they added.

Iím sure itís much further along now. I read not too long ago that it was about 60% complete. Iím really excited to try it and am hoping it will be open when I go in February 2014.

I also saw a few some of the new Fantasyland performers but didnít linger too long as they were pulling people out of the crowd and I didnít want to get picked.

I continued walking and noticed that they were doing some renovations in front of the Winnie the Pooh ride.

I contemplated riding WTP but the wait was 50 minutes and I couldnít get a FP yet since I had the Little Mermaid one. I never saw the line for this ride at less than 50 minutes all week and as a result, didnít get to ride it.

Next, I saw this crazy line for the tea cups and knew I was in for some large crowds that day.

By now, you probably have figured out where I was heading.

You see, when I was 2 Ĺ, My Great Aunt and Uncle took me to Disney World for the first time. I know we rode lots of rides but my Great Aunt loves to tell the story of how I dragged them from Dumbo to the Tea Cups to Small World to Dumbo to the Tea Cups to Small WorldÖÖ.. Well you get the idea. I donít ride the Tea Cups much anymore due to my motion sickness issues but I still ride IASW every trip. I had ridden Dumbo for the first time since childhood on my November Mother & Daughter trip. We had always skipped it as adults because of the long lines. This trip I was going to be a kid and ride it again (sorry Connie, no temper tantrums here!).

First though, there was something in that area I had never ridden before so I headed there. And since there are only two rides in Story Book Circus you can probably guess my destination.

Yep, the Barnstormer. The wait time said 20 minutes but I was on in about 10. Some pictures from my walk through the line:

Well, all I can say about that one is that itís short. The ride barely starts and then itís over. Iím glad I got to ride it but it wonít be something I stand in a long line for.

Continued in Next Post
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #137
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Continued from Previous Post

I was getting a little hungry at that point so I headed into Big Top Souvenirs to use one of my snack credits. I also wanted to see if they still had the Dumbo shirt I almost bought on my November trip. Sadly, they didnít have it so I got in line for a snack. I guess I was too focused on shopping and food and I didnít take any pictures in the store.

I got my snack and found a seat on a wall near the entrance to Dumbo. I ended up getting a Mickey Cake Pop.

I was slightly surprised when I bit into it to discover that the ears were marshmallow. For anyone who is grossed out by food with a bite out of it, skip over this next picture.

Iím not the biggest fan of marshmallow so while the cake part was delicious, Iím not sure if Iíd get another one.

While I was sitting there, I noticed they had a clown doing a street show.

I didnít watch for very long though because it was time for my favorite childhood ride. The wait time said 30 minutes.

Mom and I had done FP in November so I was excited to see more than a glimpse of the new play area. It was very crowded in there so I just found a seat along the wall to wait. I did take lots of pictures of the area.

I donít think I sat for more than 10 minutes before my buzzer went off. As a matter of fact I was completely finished with the ride in less than 20 minutes.

I just love the new shiny ride with the cool water effects so of course I took some more pictures.

I probably shouldnít admit this but I got a little freaked out when the ride started. I do not like heights but Iím usually ok if Iím strapped in and feel safe. You will never get me on a Ferris Wheel though where my feet dangle. When we first started out, I was sitting in the middle of the Elephant but immediately started sliding to the outside. That didnít happen when Mom and I rode together. For a few seconds I thought I was going to fly right out of my Elephant. But once I hit the end of the seatbelt, I was able to relax and enjoy the rest of my flight.

Up Next: The Longest Boat Ride of My Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #138
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Isn't it wonderful reliving our childhood? I believe Mark does that every single time we ride Dumbo. I'm with you...not a fan of the Tea Cups.

Your Mickey sucker looked great until it got to the marshmellow.

I wonder why Under the Sea was down so long?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #139
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Ah Man, no temper tantrums? Oh well, a ride on Dumbo is great too! So every review I have read about Barnstormer says the same thing...Short! Guess there just isn't anything else exciting or memorable about it.

I cannot wait for the mine train ride though. I love it that MK will have another great roller coaster...I (Heart) roller coasters!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #140
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Tea Cups are the one ride that makes me queasy no matter what. I can (and have!) ridden roller coasters that do barrel-rolls and loops over and over, back-to-back, but cannot do those tea cups without feeling sick when I get off.

I like Barnstormer, but it is very short. I'd wait a max of 20 minutes for it. Beyond that it just isn't worth the wait.

I really love Dumbo.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #141
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love Dumbo!!! I can't believe I had never ridden it before this past trip. Well, I can really, just like you there was no way I was waiting in that long line. But now that the line is much shorter and inside? I love it! You're right, the water effects are so pretty. I have wonderful memories of this ride from January.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #142
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Isn't it wonderful reliving our childhood? I believe Mark does that every single time we ride Dumbo. I'm with you...not a fan of the Tea Cups.

Your Mickey sucker looked great until it got to the marshmellow.

I wonder why Under the Sea was down so long?
I think Dumbo is not going to be a must do for me with the shorter lines! I wonder what DH is going to think when I drag him on it in Oct.

I was pretty shocked when I bit into it to find marshmallow.

I never did find out why it was closed for the morning. I'm sure glad I got the FP though as waits were over 2 hours that afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Ah Man, no temper tantrums? Oh well, a ride on Dumbo is great too! So every review I have read about Barnstormer says the same thing...Short! Guess there just isn't anything else exciting or memorable about it.

I cannot wait for the mine train ride though. I love it that MK will have another great roller coaster...I (Heart) roller coasters!
Nah, no temper tantrums from me at Disney! Just pretending to be a kid again.

Yeah, I really had nothing to say about the Barnstormer. It was a cute ride but so short you barely have time to enjoy it.

I am so excited about the Mine Train too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Tea Cups are the one ride that makes me queasy no matter what. I can (and have!) ridden roller coasters that do barrel-rolls and loops over and over, back-to-back, but cannot do those tea cups without feeling sick when I get off.

I like Barnstormer, but it is very short. I'd wait a max of 20 minutes for it. Beyond that it just isn't worth the wait.

I really love Dumbo.
Yeah, I struggle with the Tea Cups too. I haven't ridden them since I started taking motion sickness pills though. I'm thinking I might get dragged on them next February since we will have kids along. Hopefully the pills will work!

I did enjoy Barnstormer but it was so quick I didn't really have time to form a real opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I love Dumbo!!! I can't believe I had never ridden it before this past trip. Well, I can really, just like you there was no way I was waiting in that long line. But now that the line is much shorter and inside? I love it! You're right, the water effects are so pretty. I have wonderful memories of this ride from January.
I am so glad they added the second spinner. I thought I would be sad to not see Dumbo in the middle of Fantasyland but I'm not at all since I get to ride it more often now!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #143
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics
Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #144
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I really wanna take Hailey to ETWB ,but I have to admit i'm a little freaked out that anyone there can get the pics.I really hope they change that.

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #145
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I really wanna take Hailey to ETWB ,but I have to admit i'm a little freaked out that anyone there can get the pics.I really hope they change that.

Yes, they do that with Jedi Training Academy too.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #146
katt789
DIS Veteran

Aw man, so sad we missed the tangled bathrooms by a few days, they look totally amazing!! WHATEVER THAT STUPID CONSTRUCTION IS in front of WTP, seriously, I wanted to kill it every time we walked through FL, it creates the WORST bottleneck!

Haha, I love the barnstormer! I do find that itís super short, but itís actually a pretty awesome coaster!! YUM! I want a cake pop! Love the new play area in Dumbo, I only wish I could play in it! Bahaha,

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #147
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome pics
Thanks!

Quote:
You know, I debated about posting the pictures but I figured that most of my pictures from Disney have other people in them so this was not really any different. I understand not wanting to have the pictures go to strangers but I'm not sure how they could change that without adding huge amounts of time to the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Yes, they do that with Jedi Training Academy too.
That's good to know as I think some of the kids on our Feb 2014 trip will want to do Jedi Training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Aw man, so sad we missed the tangled bathrooms by a few days, they look totally amazing!! WHATEVER THAT STUPID CONSTRUCTION IS in front of WTP, seriously, I wanted to kill it every time we walked through FL, it creates the WORST bottleneck!

Haha, I love the barnstormer! I do find that itís super short, but itís actually a pretty awesome coaster!! YUM! I want a cake pop! Love the new play area in Dumbo, I only wish I could play in it! Bahaha,
I know, I wanted to see those bathrooms! I had read a rumor right before I left that they may be open but sadly it was wrong. Only at Disney could we get excited about the opening of a bathroom!

That constructin was annoying in front of WTP. I couldn't figure out what it was all about.

Barnstormer was fun, I wish it was longer!

I loved the cake pop except for those marshmallow ears. That was quite a shock when I bit into the thing!

I didn't have too much of a desire to play in the Dumbo area but it was extremely crowded when I was in there. But it is sure nice to be out of the sun and have a seat while you wait for the ride.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #148
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

yeah i get that I mean really I guess I don't make sense since I put my kids pics on here,but for some reason it's just different to me lol.

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #149
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yeah i get that I mean really I guess I don't make sense since I put my kids pics on here,but for some reason it's just different to me lol.
I do understand. For some reason, the DIS feels like a much safer place than other areas.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #150
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

The Longest Boat Ride of My Life

My next destination was something Mom and I had skipped in November, Mickeyís Philharmagic. I checked on Winnie the Pooh again on my way by, but the line was still really long. I couldnít get another FP until noon and it was a little before 11 am at this point.

There was very little wait for the Philharmagic and I was in the theater very quickly.

I love this show and was glad to see it again after skipping in November. I canít wait to take DH to this one in October. He is a big Donald fan so I think he will love it. This show really should be called Donaldís Philharmagic donít ya think? He really is the main character!

My next stop was another one of my favorite rides from childhood, IASW. The wait time said 25 minutes and I got in line about 11:15 am. Yeah, I know, I got in a 25 minute line for IASW! But every ride had long lines by this point, might as well wait for something. Check out this line:

Yep, it was going to be a long day of waiting in lines for me. But I only waited about 15 minutes before boarding a boat. The ride started out great and I took a few pictures without flash.

Then about halfway through the ride an announcement came on that said the ride would stop for a bit and please stay in the boat. Well, we never actually stopped but we started creeping along at an extremely slow pace. At some point, the lights came on and I knew we were in for a wait. So what to do when you are stuck on IASW? Take lots of pictures!!

Then we got to the beginning of the ďIcelandĒ room and this is what happened:

Serious boat jam!

Eventually the lights went back out and we finally made it out of the ride. Just as we did, the clock in the loading area struck 12 pm. I was so excited to see this as I had no idea the clock even did this. The front and both sides opened up. Hereís the first side, it looks like one of the soldiers defected.

The front:

Other side with all the soldiers accounted for:

So if you were keeping track, I got in line at 11:15, waited 15 minutes and then exited the ride at 12 pm exactly. Yep, I was on IASW for 30 minutes! Iím sure there are a few people reading that would consider that a nightmare. Needless to say, as much as I love IASW, that was my only cruise for the trip.

Up Next: I Discovery the Downside of a Solo Trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: