Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #3301
lorimay
DIS Veteran

There was a Domestic abuse survivor on Nancy Grace last night, She said this is all BS* which we all know already.

She said that Violet is probably sick with herself for having to do this testimony when she know its not true.
As she should be.

I don't know if anyone remembers back on the first day when she was on the stand and Willie was asking her all kinds of questions about herself.

She said she had a private practice back in California.
Then she said "at least I hope I still do when I get back."
Maybe she was for boding....... that if this goes bad I could loose my reputation because of this trial. She probably see's it as a real possibility now.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #3302
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Morning, Remus! Public office? Do tell if you're comfy sharing.

I always burned my journal pages when I was finished - no evidence left that way.

I sincerely hope there's not a lot of jury questions.
No, no, no, I've got internet stalkers, hell, they formed a club and some of them are better snoopers than me!

Burning the evidence, smart!!!

And yes, I hope there's not many questions for more than one reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
Well, I have to hit the work place. Saving my spot so that I can start reading where I left off. I have discovered this is the best way to save time.

Lets pray there is court today and this is the last day before cross. Keep the commentary going...It helps a great deal to listen to the video's and read your thoughts.

Have a great day everyone!

Kelly
Don't start that vacation yet, we still got plenty of days before the rebuttal starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Glamour shots!!!!
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #3303
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
No, you don't live in a bubble. But yes, it was illegal and decriminalized in the 70's along with being removed as a sexual deviance from the DSM 3 or maybe it was DSM 2. I didn't escape the label of sexual deviant but thank goodness when I was committed to the Texas State Hospital for the Crazies I had a psychiatrist who said it was in the works to remove that "mental illness" from the DSM and he didn't try to cure me. It was quite an experience being in an insane asylum at age 14 during the 60's.
Oh dear lord! How sad that there was (and still is) so much intolerance. I wasn't alive then and really didnt even start noticing the world around me until I was probably 15 or older, like I said- lived in my bubble. I'm glad you were able to overcome the adversity given the situation you were put into. I'd think a lot of people would have tried to be "normal" and hide who they truly are. Heck, so many people still do that. Slowly things are changing, too slowly, but someday being gay will be widely accepted and they'll move on to the next "abnormal" thing to complain about.
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #3304
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
No, no, no, I've got internet stalkers, hell, they formed a club and some of them are better snoopers than me!

Don't start that vacation yet, we still got plenty of days before the rebuttal starts.

Glamour shots!!!!
No, No, No, it is Glamour shoots!!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #3305
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:

Glamour shots!!!!
We need to burn our hard drives after this trial. I have looked up so much in this trial. I did not google anything from Ca trial. Did you see her reviews on her book area? It had 16 pages worth...
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #3306
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Oh dear lord! How sad that there was (and still is) so much intolerance. I wasn't alive then and really didnt even start noticing the world around me until I was probably 15 or older, like I said- lived in my bubble. I'm glad you were able to overcome the adversity given the situation you were put into. I'd think a lot of people would have tried to be "normal" and hide who they truly are. Heck, so many people still do that. Slowly things are changing, too slowly, but someday being gay will be widely accepted and they'll move on to the next "abnormal" thing to complain about.

Every so often I tell my wife "Back before you were born..." and she just rolls her eyes at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
No, No, No, it is Glamour shoots!!
We're gonna need shots for those shoots:

Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #3307
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
We need to burn our hard drives after this trial. I have looked up so much in this trial. I did not google anything from Ca trial. Did you see her reviews on her book area? It had 16 pages worth...
Yeah, I caught it at the beginning when there was just 6-7 reviews day before yesterday, but I was glad to see one of the owners at Websleuths come into a thread over there and tell them they were better than that and to remove any posts encouraging people to use that tactic.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #3308
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:

Every so often I tell my wife "Back before you were born..." and she just rolls her eyes at me.

We're gonna need shots for those shoots:

I think the um good ole Marriage counselor may need them more than I if she sees her review page. But don't offer them until at least Juan gets one shot at her....
Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #3309
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Yeah, I caught it at the beginning when there was just 6-7 reviews day before yesterday, but I was glad to see one of the owners at Websleuths come into a thread over there and tell them they were better than that and to remove any posts encouraging people to use that tactic.
Yes, I saw that. But you never know if some are from people not on these boards. I would not post a review. I don't agree with her, but not to that extent. But you reap what you sew. And if you are trashing someone you don't know on a stand, expect it in return. But I don't condone what people are doing.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #3310
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
So true! I looked up so much stuff from this trial I wish I hadn't now. Learned a good lesson, though!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #3311
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Yes, I saw that. But you never know if some are from people not on these boards. I would not post a review. I don't agree with her, but not to that extent. But you reap what you sew. And if you are trashing someone you don't know on a stand, expect it in return. But I don't condone what people are doing.
Oh, those reviews are from people on several sites, the State V Arias FB has allowed promoting that tactic as well as several other sites so no, it wasn't just WS. Hell, there weren't any reviews of Laviolette's book til this trial which I think is kinda sad in a way.

Honestly, despite my work experience in law enforcement, I'm actually schooled in Sociology and I'm absolutely fascinated in the role social media plays in these trials, this is so much more effective than the old days of writing letters to the editor. If I was young again and back in school, lord, I don't know what I'd write my dissertation on, it's all so fascinating, I absolutely love social media, love it!!!

Do I sound crazy?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #3312
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Oh, those reviews are from people on several sites, the State V Arias FB has allowed promoting that tactic as well as several other sites so no, it wasn't just WS. Hell, there weren't any reviews of Laviolette's book til this trial which I think is kinda sad in a way.

Honestly, despite my work experience in law enforcement, I'm actually schooled in Sociology and I'm absolutely fascinated in the role social media plays in these trials, this is so much more effective than the old days of writing letters to the editor. If I was young again and back in school, lord, I don't know what I'd write my dissertation on, it's all so fascinating, I absolutely love social media, love it!!!

Do I sound crazy?
I take the fifth, as I may be shot, er um
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #3313
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

There are some more pics I have not seen , does any one know why this pic may have been taken?

Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #3314
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
I take the fifth, as I may be shot, er um

LOL, there was an incident on my property some years ago when I shot a bull charging me on my front porch after it had done some damage to my AC unit and a 4 stall shed. The town folks made all kinds of jokes about it every time I went to town and every so often I still get a jab or two about it!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #3315
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
There are some more pics I have not seen , does any one know why this pic may have been taken?
I saw one the other day of a window screen on the ground outside Travis' house. I'd like to see all the pictures the police took.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: