Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #2521
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Hahn I think the DT is blowing smoke. We are getting closer to the rebuttal and I think it won't be pretty. But I am hoping for the best today as well.
Did you change your avatar?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #2522
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose

Did you change your avatar?
It's been changed for a bit.
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #2523
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Good Morning my friends

Holy cow, what the heck is all this with a mistrial??

I turn off the computer to eat my Easter candy, and all hell breaks out.

This DT is something else, do you think they just sit on the phone going back and forth to see what they can throw out there that might just stick??

After his BS about what Jingasaurus said which we all know he twisted like a tornado. You would think he might shut up for a while and do his job.

How long will they try to postpone today with this garbage?
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #2524
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Good Morning my friends

Holy cow, what the heck is all this with a mistrial??

I turn off the computer to eat my Easter candy, and all hell breaks out.

This DT is something else, do you think they just sit on the phone going back and forth to see what they can throw out there that might just stick??

After his BS about what Jingasaurus said which we all know he twisted like a tornado. You would think he might shut up for a while and do his job.

How long will they try to postpone today with this garbage?
I read this and imagined you locked in a closet, chocolate all over your hands and face as you eat in a crazy manner hoping that nobody interrupts you. Hahhaha, that's how I feel when I have something I don't want to share with the kids. I swear if my kid or niece or nephew hear a wrapper, they're right by my side "What are you eating? You have candy? I like candy! I sure wish I had some candy. I reallllllllly like candy" and I want to scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY CANDY!!!", but no, I share. Ugh

And I agree that DT is grasping at straws and hoping for something, but this judge seems slightly incompetant (seeing as she's never had a case of this magnitude) and maybe DT knows that and hopes she sides with them. I hope she gets fed up with their crap and tells them to knock it off.
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #2525
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

Morning all.
I have to attend a funeral this am, so will hopefully be back this afternoon.

Don't let me down

crz4mm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #2526
Angeni11
Mouseketeer

Good morning everyone.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread. I have been in the UK for almost 2 weeks (visiting family) and if it wasn't for you all I would feel very lost.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #2527
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
I read this and imagined you locked in a closet, chocolate all over your hands and face as you eat in a crazy manner hoping that nobody interrupts you. Hahhaha, that's how I feel when I have something I don't want to share with the kids. I swear if my kid or niece or nephew hear a wrapper, they're right by my side "What are you eating? You have candy? I like candy! I sure wish I had some candy. I reallllllllly like candy" and I want to scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY CANDY!!!", but no, I share. Ugh

And I agree that DT is grasping at straws and hoping for something, but this judge seems slightly incompetant (seeing as she's never had a case of this magnitude) and maybe DT knows that and hopes she sides with them. I hope she gets fed up with their crap and tells them to knock it off.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
It wasn't quite that bad, but you know there are times during the month where a woman needs her chocolate.
I did pass it right on to my husband when he got home last night so it couldn't be said I ate the whole bag.

Yes, the judge is being baptized in the fire with this case.
I kinda feel they overwhelmed her and she may now retire with Dr. Slick, slimey Samuels.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #2528
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Good Morning, everyone! Happy Tuesday!

All this talk of Easter candy is killing me! I haven't had a bite ... not to say I haven't been tempted, but I haven't had a single piece!

We get started at 9:30/12:30 EST correct? I was thinking I saw a post at some point that said 9:15, so I just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

I'm not even going to think about the mistrial issue. Not going to go there.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #2529
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Good morning everyone! Insert an "Hope you all had a lovely Easter smiley* here.

I wish you'd all quit posting for a few days when I'm not. But I'm all caught up.

I had a slew of HLN shows to catch up with over the weekend, but I FF'd through anytime Nurmi or Willie or Violet were speaking. Samuels and JM are just a blast to rewatch. And I had kind of forgotten the things Mimi, Ryan, Darryl and the ME said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Thanks so much, Mare for looking all that up ^^^ and posting it.

Yes, I definitely see the PLUS and the MINUS of SJ! I just worry when someone is as GUILTY as JA, that any inappropriate behavior from either a juror or say what the DT is now saying about JM and that a juror witnessed it, could have consequences on the out come scares the crap out of me. Like I said I watched CA and I was in so much pain after that trial ended. I have no clue what I will feel like if THIS trial does not turn out a guilty verdict. Gawd. I would hate the reason JA is not found guilty is because of something totally unrelated to what she did to Travis and something that happened DURING the trial.

Am I making any sense at all here? Ugh. I hope so.

But lately I have been feeling unsure about things and now we have crap like this coming out with JM and migraines and lack of lunch/food and people in the audience shouting out things that cause disruptions. Gawd.
You're welcome. And I agree with you! About everything! I just know I've heard a lot about the problems of sequestered juries, esp with the CA trial...so they're damned if they do and damned it they don't. It's a toss up. I remember Jennifer Ford's (CA juror) voir dire and she sounded like she thought the whole thing would be really neato.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Bat **** crazy. Watching JA's entire police interview. I never have. Bored on this Friday night.
I saw bits and pieces of it on HLN. Fascinating. DH would come in and out of the living room to check the fire and end up standing there watching, fascinated. At least I got a chance to say "Toldja! This is why I'm hooked!" So there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
I agree.. I don't think there was ever a planned photo shoot in the shower. I think the bedroom photos were the only ones that were planned. She showered, packed up and he watched her bring her bags to the car and they said goodbye. It was the final goodbye. She went back in and he was in the shower, she took photos of him and then he noticed her and was surprised, she then showed him one of the weapons and he looked scared/confused. from there I think a few of her details are true, like him calling her names, maybe he even threatened her after she first injured him etc..
There's something like 10 minutes between the very first picture she took and the one where he's sitting looking at the camera...how could he not know she was there that whole time? I (IMHO) think it was a photo shoot. And she, as the professional photographer, was directing it. On After Dark, where they have the reproduction of the crime scene, they show someone sitting in the shower...it's a very vulnerable position, esp because a person can't easily get up...it's such a small space, nothing to grab onto. I think she got him in there so she could kill him, and easily clean up the crime scene. Only he didn't die that quickly and all hell broke loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Oh, I wish I knew exactly what the testimony was when this was the Judge's expression:

This is a GREAT picture for "caption this." During Samuels testimony..."Did you just say that with a straight face?
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I am laughing now, #5 is the one who is taking so many notes. This is the one that some people thought might be in favor of Jodi, boy did they get that wrong..
Per HLN, she's the one with the multicolored hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
As I mentioned before, I blame the judge for not having more control of her courtroom ... IMO, I think she could have run a much tighter ship especially with time management ... As people start getting bored, they start getting antsy and start letting their guards down and do things without thinking ... Hopefully, this motion is just all fluff, but if it's legit, I hope they will just dismiss the juror and continue with the trial AND the judge will move things along more efficiently and expeditiously ... A mistrial at this point would be tragic ...
I agree. Have I mentioned Judge Perry lately, like in the last 3 days? LOL I can't help thinking this would be over and done with by now...I think that she's often uncomfortable about making a call on an objection without a sidebar. And still, I don't get the Fridays off thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
My granddaughter (16 months) was running around with a wrapped chocolate egg...I thought she just found it somewhere so I took it. And ate it. Then DD says a few minutes later "What happened to her egg?" (It wasn't for her to eat...just to carry around. )
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #2530
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I was thinking there's no court on Fridays because this judge has other cases she hears then ... or did I just make that up?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #2531
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
I was thinking there's no court on Fridays because this judge has other cases she hears then ... or did I just make that up?
I was thinking they don't have court on Fridays because of government spending cutbacks, a furlough of some sorts and I did make that up.

Good morning, everyone!

Mare, did ya have a nice time with your son?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #2532
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Is it that she has other cases, or they just do 3 day weekends in AZ? lol I can see not rearranging the Friday workload, but why can't they get someone else to do it? Having said that, I'm SURE there's a good reason.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #2533
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
I was thinking they don't have court on Fridays because of government spending cutbacks, a furlough of some sorts and I did make that up.

Good morning, everyone!

Mare, did ya have a nice time with your son?
I thought of that too...let's just say that's what it is.

We had an awesome weekend. I don't often get my 3 kids together now that they're adults, and with DS always having his GF with him in the past when he was home, it was very nice to sit and chat with him. DH and I are so fascinated that the goofy little toddler who drove us crazy with his antics turned out so mature and responsible. LOL On the other hand, we did miss his GF. Hard to imagine not seeing her again. And I've seen her tweets since the break up...she's hurting.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #2534
Pinnie
Working a Dream Job
DVC Member: Beach Club Villas
"Shut up, smile and wear beige"

Holy cow! This case has a life all it's own! I can't believe now they are calling for a mistrial! Well, I have a lot of scrapbooking to catch up on, so the trial better continue until I finish the current books I am working on!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #2535
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that Judge Stephens hears other cases in the morning before the JA trial begins AND on Fridays. Juan Martinez also had other cases he works on. Maybe he works on Fridays for those cases? Also, according to the court docket, court is only scheduled for today and tomorrow. Not sure why Thursday in not scheduled. Hopefully, they will update it soon to include Thursday.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: