Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
OurLabtink
Earning My Ears

Question Do you follow the crowd plan recommendations when deciding which parks to visit

Do you follow the crowd plan recommendations when deciding which park to go to a given day ? How accurate are the predictions ?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

Almost always - usually those at EasyWDW. We travel at low season and there is a noticeable difference in crowd levels/wait times if we go to a not-recommended park. Although we usually stay onsite, we generally avoid any park with EMH unless we are up unexpectedly early and can hop for the afternoon.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLabtink View Post
Do you follow the crowd plan recommendations when deciding which park to go to a given day ?

No,we don't.

How accurate are the predictions ?

No idea,but never had any problems at the parks.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

I follow the guidelines of visiting most parks the day after they have EMH, etc., but I don't necessarily chose the park with the lowest crowd prediction. I may chose one that is a 6/10 over one that is a 4/10 if it fits our schedule better, BUT the theory is still in place.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

I follow Josh at EasyWDW.
He's very accurate. Of course, there's no way to predict unexpected things - like severe weather - and that can change the behavior of the crowds. But, given normal circumstances, Josh is almost always right on the money.

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
Missymouse18
Mousketeer

Sometimes I do, but only for the middle days of the trip. I always begin with Epcot and end with MK, so I use crowd level recommendations to determine which days we will be at DHS and AK.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

I used Josh's & Touring Plans, I compared the two. We were there a little over 2 weeks ago. The only time I think it was severly incorrect was at Magic Kingdom, I do not think They took in the effect that the New FL attractions would bring in more locals. Both Days we went were recomended days, but they seemed packed to me, we did not even try to go to that part of the park on the second day, it just was not worth wasting our time for it, lots of people, long lines, they were not even opening up the Little Mermaid ride until 1pm both days & then only running 1 track.
Now the other parks was great, we went at park opening & walked on every ride.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

No, never have. We just go where we want to go that day, and if things start to get crowded, we go to another park. No rigid touring for us, just wing it.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Yes. I follow Easy WDW.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
No, never have. We just go where we want to go that day, and if things start to get crowded, we go to another park. No rigid touring for us, just wing it.
Making a plan based on touring strategies doesn't mean it has to be rigid. You can still be flexible. I would argue that following the theories and suggestions of what parks to visit based on lower crowds allows for more flexibility throughout the day, not less.

Just winging it can actually remove more options and force you to be more rigid.

I don't think either way defines someones capability to be flexible, but having a plan that follows theories of lowest attendance doesn't mean you have to be married to that deicision. Unless of course you don't have hoppers and, if thats the case I can't even imagine what a world without hoppers is like .
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

We've been several times and I feel good about my "plan". It has done well for is in the past. We are rope drop people and like morning EMH to get a lot done and beat the heat. We typically go during summer since we give up most other school breaks to visitations having primary out-of-state custodial custody ourselves.

We like afternoon breaks and park hopping. I recently visited EasyWDw for the first time and laughed because I'm the opposite of his plan. But his plans do say if you go against them, be an early riser and plan to take a break and park hop, so I guess we are okay. I did redo out water park plan to ensure it was a non EMH day at BB, I knew that'd be crazy the 1st days of Aug
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I subscribe to Touring Plans and I use their best/worst park recommendations and I have never had a crowded park. We go in less busy times (except our next trip in 4 weeks) But even on our next trip I am using TP's best park days to decide what park we go to.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
Moonwolf
Mouseketeer

I won't be because my friend and I decided our park days before I discovered crowd calendars. In fact we'll be going to the least recommended (or next least recommended) park everyday. I panicked about it for a bit but after a while I calmed down. We know what the most popular rides are and will hit those first. After that we'll take everything as they come and just plan to have a good time.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #14
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Never. Been touring the parks for 20 years.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
gottagetback
Wish I was there right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymouse18
Sometimes I do, but only for the middle days of the trip. I always begin with Epcot and end with MK, so I use crowd level recommendations to determine which days we will be at DHS and AK.
Ditto this except we start AND end with MK. Also, I follow the strategy of choosing Epcot when in doubt. Having said that, I've only been twice when crowds are high. We usually go in early May or September.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: