Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
JenetixK
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the responses! I really don't think I'll be able to use a carrier too much even though I'd love to. He's chunky and I'm a wimp! I agree about a 2 year old being difficult, though, so we'll make it work. Also, I really don't want to wait another year.
2013 - Pop Century, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2010 - Wilderness Lodge, 2007 - Pop Century, 2005 - Pop Century, 2003 - Pop Century, 2001 - All Star Movies, 1993 - Grand Floridian, Treehouse Villas, 1987 - Polynesian, 1984 - Polynesian, 1982 - Contemporary

Me DH DD DS
JenetixK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
IMO a 1 year old will be easier than a 2 year old. Our son was 2 when we first took him and I wouldn't recommend it (terrible 2s). For our trip next month our son will be 17 months old and I wear him....yes you can wear on the rides if you choose to. I did when he was 4 months old. So my opinion, the younger the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
I agree! DS was much easier at 4 months and 16 months then he was at 2.5 yrs. We had a hard time keeping him in the stroller this last trip. He wanted to get out and touch everything and gift shops were a nightmare.

At 16 months he was more go with the flow and just taking it all in. And he enjoyed the characters. This past trip he wouldn't get near them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenetixK View Post
Thanks for all the responses! I really don't think I'll be able to use a carrier too much even though I'd love to. He's chunky and I'm a wimp! I agree about a 2 year old being difficult, though, so we'll make it work. Also, I really don't want to wait another year.
DS didn't walk until he was 22 months old and while we were VERY excited when he finally decided to take those first steps, things were quite a bit easier before that. He didn't argue about the stroller at all.
Now that he's been walking for a year...it's starting to be battle....
Yeah...the carrier can be rough with such a heavy kid (I think DS was a bit over 25 lbs before he started walking) but sometimes it's still the easier option.
I was very excited when DS could simply stand on his own, because then I could stand him next to me while I dealt with the stroller etc.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: